Official Seattle thread

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO easy win for us guys. They will be underestimating us. Aaron Rodgers is gonna pick the D apart. Their D is overated playing weak *** QB's with weak offences.

They got lucky against us last time. This time around I expect a blowout. Our D is as good as their overated D and Wilson is a fluke. Lynch isn't running over us either.

GB 32
Seachickens 7

GB TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a tougher test than the Cowboys. We can't make some of the mental errors we made today. False starts(I think we had more than Dallas, Home Field Advantage?), stupid penalties, miscomunication on routes, and a couple fumbles, one of which we lost. That can't happen next week if we want to win.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live and work in downtown Seattle (and have been a Packers fan since I was a little kid in the early 70's). This week is going to be interesting. Of course, I will be wearing Green & Gold every day until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing other Cheeseheads here doing the same. There are actually quite a few of us out here.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers has any improvement at all this week in his leg, we should be able to win. Carolina gave them all they could handle through 3.5 quarters. That game largely came down to one play and one bad pass by Newton. They'll have to play better than they did last week and we need Rodgers as healthy as possible.

DataJ3rk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need to handle the rush. Didn't seem Mathews moved around as much in Seattle game

She's_a_shareholder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit to being a bit nervous about next week. We made some stupid mistakes this week and frankly we were lucky on the Dez call. Hoping Rodgers can heal a little and get his head back in the game by Sunday.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Packers D is not known for its speed up front. Wilson and every other running QB they face seem to give them fits. Keep him in the pocket and hope the coverage behind is adequate or rush him all-out and risk him running to daylight? Tough choice.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers D is not known for its speed up front. Wilson and every other running QB they face seem to give them fits. Keep him in the pocket and hope the coverage behind is adequate or rush him all-out and risk him running to daylight? Tough choice.

I think this is a game where Clay will be best used inside. I would spy him on Wilson and let Daniels, Peppers and Jones handle the bulk of the pass rush duties, with emphasis on containment. Force Wilson to beat us with his arm rather than his feet. If anyone can do that, it's Matthews.

Sky King

Reaction score
I think this is a game where Clay will be best used inside. I would spy him on Wilson and let Daniels, Peppers and Jones handle the bulk of the pass rush duties. Force Wilson to beat us with his arm rather than his feet. If anyone can do that, it's Matthews.
And then there's Marshawn Lynch. The Packer D is not known for its tackling prowess, either. This will be a tough game but its hardly un-winnable.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Matthews was pretty much a non factor today; a lot of running around with not much to show for it. Peppers was big today. They'll need both next week.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going to watch and enjoy this one, past 3 seasons have been tough losses, finally getting a chance to play for the NFC championship is awesome.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Matthews was pretty much a non factor today; a lot of running around with not much to show for it. Peppers was big today. They'll need both next week.
They double-teamed him a lot and used a back for help most of the day. That freed up the other side a great deal. It's a damn if you do damned if you don't kind of thing. Either way. Matthews had an impact.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point about the 2x teams GoPGo, but he still missed some plays. Seems sometimes as if he needs to play under control a little more.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we are going to blowout the Seahawks is delusional. Here is an amazing statistic.

Including the playoffs, Russell Wilson is 41-13 as starter. Of those thirteen loses, only one loss was by more than one possession. That would be against the Chargers earlier this year, when they lost by nine points. In all of those loses, they trailed by more than two possessions only once. And that was on the road against Atlanta in the playoffs when they fell behind 20-0. If we win, it's going to be a close and hard fought game. It won't be a runaway win.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks we are going to blowout the Seahawks is delusional. Here is an amazing statistic.

Including the playoffs, Russell Wilson is 41-13 as starter. Of those thirteen loses, only one loss was by more than one possession. That would be against the Chargers earlier this year, when they lost by nine points. In all of those loses, they trailed by more than two possessions only once. And that was on the road against Atlanta in the playoffs when they fell behind 20-0. If we win, it's going to be a close and hard fought game. It won't be a runaway win.

Absolutely. Even if we play at a very high level, it's gonna be close, and a brawl.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first thing the Seahawks should be doing is sending a huge bouquet of flowers and a humongous box of chocolates to the Buffalo Bills for giving them this championship game at their home. Without the Bills upsetting the Packers last month they would be going to Lambeau next Sunday.

A little "thank you" note to Tampa Bay would be in order, as well, for injuring Aaron Rodgers' calf. Even in Seattle a full strength ARod would be a danger to them.

If they have any "lucky stars" they should be thanking them that Arizona ran out of quarterbacks and the Harbaugh show in San Francisco flamed out this season. These are the things that put them in their position today.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives since 1st game vs Seattle:
- Offensive line playing much better
- Lacy running ball better
- Seattle will be missing Mebane and potentially Unger (injured late)

Negatives since 1st game vs Seattle:
- Rodgers is far from 100%

Packers showed little to stop run in 2nd half today, I expect Seattle will be able to run with success next week. Seattle defense is still playing at elite level. But I am not expecting a Packers win, but I give them a chance. If Rodgers was mobile I would give Packers much better chance.

Staff online

Latest posts