It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well Davante Adams has about 30 million reasons each year to be happy no matter where he plays. Even so, it's gotta be a slog to play on a team going nowhere. The season is very long, and that much longer when there is no playoff reward at the end. Oh well, he was clear about his decision.
I'd hate that "problem".

Anyone ever wonder if playoffs and championships are really more important to these guys than money and an early retirement?

I get it, we all want to win, but $1-60M/year and 5 months off, not a bad life. Especially when you leave it behind at the ripe old age of 35.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd hate that "problem".

Anyone ever wonder if playoffs and championships are really more important to these guys than money and an early retirement?

I get it, we all want to win, but $1-60M/year and 5 months off, not a bad life. Especially when you leave it behind at the ripe old age of 35.
He may want back here

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Davante Adams has about 30 million reasons each year to be happy no matter where he plays. Even so, it's gotta be a slog to play on a team going nowhere. The season is very long, and that much longer when there is no playoff reward at the end. Oh well, he was clear about his decision.

I think it worked out okay for Green Bay as well. In addition to the draft picks received (which netted Quay Walker), it allowed room for Green Bay's young receivers to grow.

I wish Davante all the best, he's always been a real pro and a solid citizen. Right now, however, it's not going as planned.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd hate that "problem".

Good points. I think by the time they reach 30 and are making that kind of money, they couldn't be faulted for wanting to get out of the game without life changing injuries by 35. I'm sure Adams would love a ring, but a lot of very good players don't get a ring either.

And that's not to say that he's calling it in. These guys aren't wired like that. You look at his beautiful family and can't blame the guy for making that priority #1.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it worked out okay for Green Bay as well. In addition to the draft picks received (which netted Quay Walker), it allowed room for Green Bay's young receivers to grow.

I wish Davante all the best, he's always been a real pro and a solid citizen. Right now, however, it's not going as planned.
Yeah, I very much agree. I would also add, it kept a lot of money/cap space to improve the team beyond 1 guy. The Packers were top heavy at WR. Meaning they had 1 guy, that was making all the money and making all the plays. Shut him down and you can shut down the Packers. I really prefer the WR group that we have now. Talent is pretty much spread out across 4-5 guys.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I very much agree. I would also add, it kept a lot of money/cap space to improve the team beyond 1 guy. The Packers were top heavy at WR. Meaning they had 1 guy, that was making all the money and making all the plays. Shut him down and you can shut down the Packers. I really prefer the WR group that we have now. Talent is pretty much spread out across 4-5 guys.
Yeah and not only is receiving talent spread over more players, they are all very young and will ideally grow as a group.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the world of Adams. But everyone gets older, and the current group is set up for success. They all have to deliver. Through 3 games, I’d say that’s happening.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah and not only is receiving talent spread over more players, they are all very young and will ideally grow as a group.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the world of Adams. But everyone gets older, and the current group is set up for success. They all have to deliver. Through 3 games, I’d say that’s happening.
Well, as we have seen with Bahk and Jaire, if you invest the salary of 3 players into 1, you don't always get what you pay for. You stand a better chance of getting 2 out of 3 lower tier guys earning their pay.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than QB and maybe a historic D level player (Reggie etc) I’ve never been a fan of putting all our eggs in 1 basket.
And part of signing Reggie for not only his great defense was that by influence he would attract other free agents to sign in GB which was not so popular at the time. And it worked.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys had 2 engagements go south and he’s estranged from much of his family. Maybe he’s the normal one and they’re all “off” but in my experience when you have someone having issues with people time after time… People will point to all his “friends” but you know - Charles Manson had friends LOL
I still say: If Rodgers had five rings, no one would give a rats about how many friends he had.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And part of signing Reggie for not only his great defense was that by influence he would attract other free agents to sign in GB which was not so popular at the time. And it worked.
That's an important part in the rise of the Packers after 30 years in obscurity. Yeah it all started with Harlan, who hired Wolf, who traded for Favre and then landed White in FA. But Reggie made it ok for black NFL athletes to consider GB, and to some extent, all of southern Wisconsin.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ar one time we socked most of our funds into Rodgers, Jordy, and Clay. There was not much left.
Well that's why the NFL probably has better parity than the NBA and MLB, although the NBA is close. Good drafting is a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing to get impact players on rookie deals. And when they play up to or exceed expectations, they get expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts