Official Packers vs Panthers studs and duds

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if your bias or being a fan of the Packers has anything to do with your post.
If it was a Packer would you still be agreeing with the call?
Yes, I would. I'm pretty biased towards the officials because I've been one. I know the job. Then again, officials are human too and make mistakes. I just tend to give a lot more leeway to officials than average fans do.

The NFL said it was a mistake, so I'm going to say I was probably wrong on this one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I would. I'm pretty biased towards the officials because I've been one. I know the job. Then again, officials are human too and make mistakes. I just tend to give a lot more leeway to officials than average fans do.

The NFL said it was a mistake, so I'm going to say I was probably wrong on this one.
Fair enough.
Thank you for the response.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because you disagree with the NFL doesn't make you wrong. There are a LOT of penalties called where there wasn't intent to do wrong, but the officials still throw a flag and the player still gets fined.

If the NFL is going to back-down on a player pushing/shoving/touching an official because he "didn't really mean to do it" the officials may be less safe than they currently are. I too refereed multiple sports in my past and don't want to see any "gray area" opened-up because of this "mistake" by the officials.