Official Packers vs Panthers studs and duds

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, but there are teams that are BAD and then there are consistent playoff contenders. Vikings are BAD, Panthers are mediocre, and the Bears... well they're the Bears.

This Saints team is going to be PISSED and they can put up points. They have also been without their biggest weapon. Don't sleep on this game. There are different levels of competition in the NFL and the Saints, Pats, and Eagles are on another level than the teams we just demolished.

Not to mention we make a habit out of beating the crappier teams.
R-E-L-A-X

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Dud - myself
I had to listen to the game and got to see the 3rd touchdown. Sounded great though, loved the discussion that the dagger happened at the coin toss not the 4th touchdown.

Stud- Rams ST. Honestly looking at their highlights, wouldn't be surprised if we see another team pull off that chasing the wrong guy.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But really he was dud with that challenge. I wonder what he's thinking most of the time when he throws that red flag.

There was really nothing to lose at that point.

And MM is solid with his challenges. Tomlin lead all NFL HC coming into the season(with 50 challenges or more) with a 54.5% success rate. McCarthy had a 49.2% success rate coming into the season, when the average success rate since instant replay was introduced is 47.6%. So he is above average. And since the 2010 season, MM has a 54.5% success rate.

http://news.sportsinteraction.com/s...-worst-records-when-the-flag-is-thrown-83188/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/McCaMi0.htm

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All studs and no duds for the Packers.

One dud is the tick tacky officiating. PI on Tramon, illegal contact on House, Kuechly ejected, Matthews taunting. All calls were arguable, but I'm a fan of not having penalties called unless they are blatantly obvious.
The ejection was arguable??? LOL pick up a rulebook please. Intentional contact with an official. Way more than deserving.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But really he was dud with that challenge. I wonder what he's thinking most of the time when he throws that red flag.

How much input do the guys upstairs give him? Cant really blame MM without knowing the circumstance

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
The ejection was arguable??? LOL pick up a rulebook please. Intentional contact with an official. Way more than deserving.
I thought the ejection was BS. The player was already walking away, that ref had no business touching him. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
Duds: Fox for switching to another game

You read my mind.....Huge DUD :mad: Much like the Direct TV vs Cable ads:

"DON'T miss your favorite team's entire game. NFL? Get rid of this Mattel Network, FOX....and get NBC back!"

Hell, for once, I was lying back enjoying a blowout performance without the threat of a heart attack occurring, made a quick fridge run and "****".....bye Packer game. Guess I've been spoiled lately b/c this is the second straight Sunday we've gotten the Packer game feed here instead of the lowly Bears and it has certainly been a breath of fresh air.

As for Studs? Great effort on both sides of the ball. Can't find much to nit-pick at.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know that's a rule, but the official can use some sense and not eject him. Easy to think the official was a Packer. In no way did he intend to make contact with an official.

In fact, the rulebook says everything I listed was a penalty, but doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the ejection was BS. The player was already walking away, that ref had no business touching him. Just my opinion.

He was still jawing, instigating. Great preventative officiating. Not only did the Back Judge have business touching him, he's obligated to. Must be a preventative official.

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that's a rule, but the official can use some sense and not eject him. Easy to think the official was a Packer. In no way did he intend to make contact with an official.

In fact, the rulebook says everything I listed was a penalty, but doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

I can see where you are getting at. However, whether he thinks it is a Packer or not is irrelevant. The contact he made was intentional, not necessarily meaning to do it to an official, but he did initiate contact he intended to create. If he was trying to shove a Packer, missed and shoved an official: ejection.

Just my opinion. I don't necessarily think you are wrong, I just disagree. You made a good point.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see where you are getting at. However, whether he thinks it is a Packer or not is irrelevant. The contact he made was intentional, not necessarily meaning to do it to an official, but he did initiate contact he intended to create. If he was trying to shove a Packer, missed and shoved an official: ejection.

Just my opinion. I don't necessarily think you are wrong, I just disagree. You made a good point.

We can agree to disagree.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Studs: Lots of studs. PLAY CALLING! First down runs! I counted 5 first down runs in the first three series. Worst one was Lacy getting a couple of yards the next “worst” I believe gained 5 or 6 yards. BTW, did everyone notice Sam Barrington started? (Could it be Brad Jones is officially last on the ILB depth chart?)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense had a good outing but the Panthers offense leaves a lot to be desired.i still can't drink the kool aid yet. Do that to the Saints at their place then I may take a sip.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Defense had a good outing but the Panthers offense leaves a lot to be desired.i still can't drink the kool aid yet. Do that to the Saints at their place then I may take a sip.

#2 in league with the opp qb rating at 72.4

Since start of 2nd half of Jets game they have given up 83 points ( thats with only 12 to Lions--7 was the fumble return)

22 quarters--- if math is right -thats 15 points per 4 quarters

Thats with losing our top d backs in Miami-- and some gimme stuff from today

Its ok to give this def a little praise

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think a ton believed he shouldnt have been ejected as well-- I am one

I am sure that ref will be talked to

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud- Rams ST. Honestly looking at their highlights, wouldn't be surprised if we see another team pull off that chasing the wrong guy.
That was a great trick play and I still can't believe they beat the Sea Chcks.
They also faked a punt and got first down, I think, which got overlooked.

Members online

Latest posts