Official Packers vs Panthers studs and duds

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense had a good outing but the Panthers offense leaves a lot to be desired.i still can't drink the kool aid yet. Do that to the Saints at their place then I may take a sip.

No credit for Cam not running wild like he did the week before?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see where you are getting at. However, whether he thinks it is a Packer or not is irrelevant. The contact he made was intentional, not necessarily meaning to do it to an official, but he did initiate contact he intended to create. If he was trying to shove a Packer, missed and shoved an official: ejection.
I wonder if your bias or being a fan of the Packers has anything to do with your post.
If it was a Packer would you still be agreeing with the call?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packers
Dud: The careless fan who spilled ketchup on Randall Cobb when he did his Lambeau Leap.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it intentional? You really think that?

I saw a guy pissed and thought he had a Packer on him
Was it intentional? You really think that?

I saw a guy pissed and thought he had a Packer on him

Does not matter folks. That rule has been in place and enforced for a few years now. If a player while in a fit of rage bumps an official he's tossed. Obviously, if a player accidently runs into an official in the course of a play or in a situation where he's just going about his work, he's not tossed. That happens all the time. In these situations however, if a guy is going off like that and bumps an official, accident or otherwise, he's tossed. This isn't the first time I've seen that.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Great team win yesterday. It was nice to sit in the stands and enjoy a blowout.
Duds: the G.D. deer that came out of nowhere at 9:00 and ruined the R front of my car on the way home. It must have been about the only deer still alive in Sawyer county.....and now it's dead too.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive line came to play. Guion, Pennel, Boyd all were stout. How about Neal, Matthews, Peppers, and Perry as the 4 D-linemen on some 3rd downs? They put some real pressure on the QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I can´t come up with any duds for this game as the Packers dominated the Panthers completely. Honorable mention to McCarthy and Capers for not letting Brad Jones on the field though.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#2 in league with the opp qb rating at 72.4

Since start of 2nd half of Jets game they have given up 83 points ( thats with only 12 to Lions--7 was the fumble return)

22 quarters--- if math is right -thats 15 points per 4 quarters

Thats with losing our top d backs in Miami-- and some gimme stuff from today

Its ok to give this def a little praise

I did....but like I said, Drew Brees in that dome is a different story. panthers offense doesn't scare anyone .

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Defense had a good outing but the Panthers offense leaves a lot to be desired.i still can't drink the kool aid yet. Do that to the Saints at their place then I may take a sip.

Beat the teams we are suppose to beat, which we are..

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaction score
The Secondary
What pleased me most was not how smooth our Offense was, but rather how our Defense dominated the passing game. particularly our secondary, they turned Cams throwaway count into a bakers dozen

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No credit for Cam not running wild like he did the week before?

I can honestly say we did great defending Cam. We have had major issues with the read option and mobile qbs but I hope those days are behind us as I anticipate seeing Kap or Wilson at least one more time this yr...if we can get in the playoffs.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: the G.D. deer that came out of nowhere at 9:00 and ruined the R front of my car on the way home. It must have been about the only deer still alive in Sawyer county.....and now it's dead too.
Sorry to hear about the vehicle (and your jblood pressure)... good to hear that you're OK.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees is 2-3 in his career against the Packers, with 14 TD's and 2 INT's

Rodgers is 2-1 in his career against the Saints, with 9 TD's and 4 INT's

Reaction score
The Duds:
The Network and/or affiliates that pulled our game mid 3rd Qtr to show the Seattle game

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Northern IL market wasn't shown ANY game on Fox due to da Bears game on CBS, so I took the wife (1st time ever) to BWW to watch. As we were entering (she in her Jordy jersey and me in my #75 Bulaga jersey) another couple was also entering... the woman was wearing a #75 jersey (& looked better in it than I did!) but hers was signed! I started gushing that she had hers signed and the gentlemen turned to me and said he coached Bryan Bulaga in high school... and that he accompanied BB to NY at the draft. I had to concede that I was only the #2 Bulaga fan at BWW's :(. Gotta admit it was FANTASTIC watching the Bear's fumbles and INT's on the TV right underneath the Packer beat-down of the Panthers.:tup:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Northern IL market wasn't shown ANY game on Fox due to da Bears game on CBS, so I took the wife (1st time ever) to BWW to watch. As we were entering (she in her Jordy jersey and me in my #75 Bulaga jersey) another couple was also entering... the woman was wearing a #75 jersey (& looked better in it than I did!) but hers was signed! I started gushing that she had hers signed and the gentlemen turned to me and said he coached Bryan Bulaga in high school... and that he accompanied BB to NY at the draft. I had to concede that I was only the #2 Bulaga fan at BWW's :(. Gotta admit it was FANTASTIC watching the Bear's fumbles and INT's on the TV right underneath the Packer beat-down of the Panthers.:tup:

lol .... THAT is a good time. Can't get much better than that.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another good game for Nick Perry. They need to keep getting him on the field more and more. He seems to have figured some things out.

Also, the alignment where they had Guion and Pennel out there to stuff the run worked well a couple of times. THAT'S A KEY FORMATION THAT NEEDS TO WORK LATE IN THE YEAR WHEN THE OTHER TEAM NEEDS TO RUN CLOCK. I'm happy to see the coaches trying to figure something out for those situations.

Reaction score
There would beer barrel riots with overturned police cruisers on fire if
Any WI network pulled that stunt.
Northern IL market wasn't shown ANY game on Fox due to da Bears game on CBS, so I took the wife (1st time ever) to BWW to watch. As we were entering (she in her Jordy jersey and me in my #75 Bulaga jersey) another couple was also entering... the woman was wearing a #75 jersey (& looked better in it than I did!) but hers was signed! I started gushing that she had hers signed and the gentlemen turned to me and said he coached Bryan Bulaga in high school... and that he accompanied BB to NY at the draft. I had to concede that I was only the #2 Bulaga fan at BWW's :(. Gotta admit it was FANTASTIC watching the Bear's fumbles and INT's on the TV right underneath the Packer beat-down of the Panthers.
Yeah that's making it worth your while! The only thing better would be if his old coach bought you a 10 piece order of Jamaican Jerk wings and a tall beer to wash it all down. :tup:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers- the guy is playing so well right now.
Lacy- Seems to be getting back to form. Great to see him play so well.
Receivers- Cobb, Nelson and Adams are playing great. I think Adams is going to be big time for us.
Matthews- He was making plays yesterday and Newton knew he was there.
Peppers- He still has it. No question.
Perry- He got a sack!
Defense- McCarthy was right...so far our defense is better than last year. A lot better, actually. Nice pick by Hayward.
Packers sideline crew for knowing how to get ketchup stains out. :laugh:

Duds:
When games get pulled from the air because you are dominating a team, it's hard to find a dud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts