Official Packers vs Jets discussion

H

HardRightEdge

I agree with you - absolutely no reason to be a negative nelly regarding Rodgers. However - none of us can deny it - some of those sacks he took yesterday ... he simply is very stubborn about not throwing the ball away most of the time. Is this why we lose games? No, but I think I've come to accept that this is just how he is and how he's always going to be. I don't mind sacks in terms of losing yardage. What I mind, are injuries and getting beat up, when in come instances, it can be avoided or made less frequent.

That's it. Like the Zen master says, your greatest strengths are your greatest weaknesses. On another day, another play, he'd flick it sidearm off his back foot 20 yds. to a guy coming back to the play for a 10 yard gain. If a QB extends plays with a high rate of success, you have to accept the occasional failures that come with it.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had you guys man.. Terrible coaching and unfortunate situations + Nelson having a career game killed us. Good game, yall fought back.. Rodgers is the man. Cant believe we wiped out our own TD & INT due to coaching.. Jokes! Lol. Congrats packer nation

That's one way of putting it. To be as negative about you guys as some packer fans are towards their own team, we won because Nelson had a career day on your two #1 picks in the secondary (Miliner and Pryor). As for the INT, Rodgers quick snapped it to get that 12 man penalty and when he knows it's a free play he always goes big and risks the pick. The TD, if the whistle doesn't blow, very well may not happen. Defensive players who hear a pre-snap whistle don't often go 100% on the play from the get-go.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bothers me as much as anything is McCarthy's post-game comments on his team: "I really like the character and makeup of our players," McCarthy said. "Everyone likes to talk about talent and measurables, experience and production. But this group, they're wired the right way. They work the right way."

This group just played 1/2 a game and were able to win, after not showing up the entire game against Seattle. I'd be concerned about this group not showing up for 3 out of 4 halves, rather than praising them for working "the right way". If we get down 21 to 3 against Detroit--game over.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bothers me as much as anything is McCarthy's post-game comments on his team: "I really like the character and makeup of our players," McCarthy said. "Everyone likes to talk about talent and measurables, experience and production. But this group, they're wired the right way. They work the right way."

This group just played 1/2 a game and were able to win, after not showing up the entire game against Seattle. I'd be concerned about this group not showing up for 3 out of 4 halves, rather than praising them for working "the right way". If we get down 21 to 3 against Detroit--game over.

Coaches tend not to call out their team to the media.

He'll probably get after them about the start, but just not publicly.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaches tend not to call out their team to the media.

He'll probably get after them about the start, but just not publicly.
Hope you're right. But if that's the case, why praise them? I guess he's accepted the fact that we're a finesse team. We must have been short-wired for a game and a half, I guess.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope you're right. But if that's the case, why praise them? I guess he's accepted the fact that we're a finesse team. We must have been short-wired for a game and a half, I guess.

capers just said the defense played as well as any game he can remember. I'm not seeing a whole lot of criticism there.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
capers just said the defense played as well as any game he can remember. I'm not seeing a whole lot of criticism there.
I've been as big a Capers' supporter as anyone since he was hired, but this year's defense appears no better than the last 3 he's produced, and, unless something miraculously changes for the better, he's gone at the end of the year.

Members online

Latest posts