Official Niners thread

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally realise I don`t understand this game at all. I honestly can`t see why people think Garopolo is such a bust ?......maybe I`m just stupid. Waiting for the lambardi barb :)

I also like Richard Sherman AND Randy Moss.
I wouldn’t characterize him as a bust. He is what he is.… a decent game manager that can take advantage of a well run system. He enjoys success as long he isn’t asked to do much beyond that. But… when his running game isn’t working, and the pass rush is slightly above average.. he isn’t likely to take the team on his shoulders and pull off a win. That’s not to say he won’t ever do it… but he’s not likely to do it on his own. Some will say he almost did it last night… I would disagree…. he got more bailouts from the officials in that game than I can recall ever in one game….. should have been called for intentional grounding right before the half … which would have ended the half …. the penalty on Jaire was ridiculous… the PI on stokes even more so… I’ll stop at 3 … there are more.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
LOL....I did not create this site and I don't know when it was made, but seems some other people do not like the job that Jerome Boger, who was the head Ref last night, has done in other games.

Reaction score
LOL....I did not create this site and I don't know when it was made, but seems some other people do not like the job that Jerome Boger, who was the head Ref last night, has done in other games.

I guess you could say.. he’s gone a Foul? wink wink. At the very least his behavior has “thrown up a flag”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess you could say.. he’s gone a Foul? wink wink. At the very least his behavior has “thrown up a flag”
He can't even remember how to use his hands!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
He can't even remember how to use his hands!

I don’t think you’re giving him proper credit. That is absolutely wonderful sign language. I’m actually jealous

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very entertaining roller-coaster ride last night. defense was much better. their worst opponent was the officiating. ridiculous how they kept SF on the field. offense was terrific in the first half but left points on the field on that 4th and goal play. special teams were good other than that return that spoiled the first half performance. new punter is terrific. mason was money as usual. they ran the ball very well but got away from it, as usual, as the game went along. Rodgers had 3+ quarters of very good play but that stretch in the 4th, when they needed a couple of sustained drives with points and got neither, was so ugly. the 2020 O was so encouraging. this O is looking like the 2019 offense. a mix of Rodgers and MLF's O's. lots of spread and empty again. at least the ball came out quickly. the Det game was nothing special but last nights was better in every way. if they keep targeting 17 at the rate they did last night (18 targets i think it was) they're going to become predictable and they'll lose one of the things that worked so well last season. Rodgers and Money-Mason come through again in the dying seconds reminiscent of the Dal game of a few years ago. this W cancels that unexpected L they got with NO. 2-1 as expected at this point.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy to be wrong. That was a great game and I love the fight the Pack put up. On to the next one

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big emotional road victory on national TV vs a really good team. Next is the Steelers with a qb that gas put up monster games vs the Packers in the past two regular season games. Hate to bring it up, but the Steelers game has all the makings of a letdown debacle. Hope I'm wrong.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
road victory on national TV vs a really good team. Next is the Steelers with a qb that gas put up monster games vs the Packers in the past two regular season games. Hate to bring it up, but the Steelers game has all the makings of a letdown debacle. Hope I'm wrong.

I would like to think that the 49'ers are a good team, based on their 2019 Season and the apparent strength of their current roster. However, given that their 2 wins were against what I think are pretty weak teams (Lions and Eagles), I think the jury is still out on the 2021 49'ers. Steelers haven't really been lighting it up either, I think we take care of business at home.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Big emotional road victory on national TV vs a really good team. Next is the Steelers with a qb that gas put up monster games vs the Packers in the past two regular season games. Hate to bring it up, but the Steelers game has all the makings of a letdown debacle. Hope I'm wrong.

You've got to be kidding.

You're predicting failure based on what Ben Roethlisberger did to the Packers four years ago in his own building?

The guy is completely washed.

Reading this post, I can't come to any conclusion except that you're trying to invent reasons to prognosticate failure.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I picked the 9ers based on thinking that their defense would give us the trouble it gave us in 2019 but today I am just now actually looking at their first 2 games(I should've did this before they played us smh) from this year and their defense isn't anywhere near what it was in 2019 so far. Their pass rush isn't what it once was either. I mean they even had trouble with the Lions but then again some people think the Lions are better than their record.
Their upcoming game with the Seahawks should be interesting

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding.

You're predicting failure based on what Ben Roethlisberger did to the Packers four years ago in his own building?

The guy is completely washed.

Reading this post, I can't come to any conclusion except that you're trying to invent reasons to prognosticate failure.
No not really, I've watched the Packers defense over the past decade. They routinely give up huge games to midling qb's. Given their poor tackling, Big Ben's underneath throws can still generate a big day. Most people think this game is a gimme. I don't think so. If the players are looking at this game like Big Ben is washed up, then it for sure has all the makings of a letdown game where they come out flat.

Reaction score
No not really, I've watched the Packers defense over the past decade. They routinely give up huge games to midling qb's. Given their poor tackling, Big Ben's underneath throws can still generate a big day. Most people think this game is a gimme. I don't think so. If the players are looking at this game like Big Ben is washed up, then it for sure has all the makings of a letdown game where they come out flat.
I agree. One of our best assets last week was the fact we were consensus underdogs at SF.

While this is an AFC opponent, the significance of winning 3 in a row would display some good consistency and much needed second quarter momentum.
The Steelers have not allowed a ton of points, so this would be a good test to see if our Offense can put up 30+ again

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the league has taken longer than I’ve ever seen with releasing their fines for week three!?

I like many are curious how they handle the Ward hit.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the league has taken longer than I’ve ever seen with releasing their fines for week three!?

I like many are curious how they handle the Ward hit.
The league released a statement right away on Monday saying the hit was legal.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t characterize him as a bust. He is what he is.… a decent game manager that can take advantage of a well run system. He enjoys success as long he isn’t asked to do much beyond that. But… when his running game isn’t working, and the pass rush is slightly above average.. he isn’t likely to take the team on his shoulders and pull off a win. That’s not to say he won’t ever do it… but he’s not likely to do it on his own. Some will say he almost did it last night… I would disagree…. he got more bailouts from the officials in that game than I can recall ever in one game….. should have been called for intentional grounding right before the half … which would have ended the half …. the penalty on Jaire was ridiculous… the PI on stokes even more so… I’ll stop at 3 … there are more.
Garapollo can do well with a good team. A defense that keeps the score down. A running game. A solid offensive line. And a mix if receiving talent. He could have done well in New England had Brady not returned. Actually, Kaepernick did well in SF until his team and his coach left and he was back in the playground.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree the Packers need to be on top of their game to win vs. the Steelers but there's no reason to believe Roethlisberger will put up numbers anywhere close to the ones the teams played against each other four years ago.

Latest posts