Official Game Day Thread: Lions @ Packers - 10/3: WIN 28 - 26

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I feel you, Murgen! My nerves are still shot from last Monday night. I don't like for my cage to be rattled! I would think M.M. put the fear of the Football Gods into them. I think they'll be on their game today but oh my tummy has wicked butterflies!!! Or maybe it's just the Buffalo wing sauce...???

Agreed, I hate going into a game against a poor team and wondering if we are going to show up or not. MM and the team leaders better have banged some heads together. STILL LOOKING AT YOU JAMES JONES!!! :club:

My stomach has wicked butterflies too, but I think it's the Scotch. LOL

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excited for a great day. Forever after, Lions fans will shutter in anguish when the recall this day which will be known as the 'day of the Finley'.

Im predicting Packer 38 Lions 17.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson sucks ****. Why the hell didnt we get a return man who can actually juke and move side to side instead of run straight into traffic and then top it off turing the ball over giving the Lions the ball in the Red zone!

Cut the ******. I am sick of this ****. Fire the ST coach too! Sonofa*****es need a wake up call!

Jennings suck too! Runs the wrong route causing a turnover and then gets ***** slapped for another INT because he cant fight for the ball.

I am sick of this ****. Sit or cut some ****ers if your just going to give it up because you dont prepare or play hard enough.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson sucks ****. Why the hell didnt we get a return man who can actually juke and move side to side instead of run straight into traffic and then top it off turing the ball over giving the Lions the ball in the Red zone!

Cut the ******. I am sick of this ****. Fire the ST coach too! Sonofa*****es need a wake up call!

We need the extra space for 3 FBs and Jarrett Bush.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, that was nerve wracking, and way way way too close. But, the Offense FINALLY came through at the end and Kuhn, willed us to a victory. Way to go Kuhn!

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

That was WAY too close for Comfort.

Nelson needs to fix those fumbles. Our D needs to step up.

One bright side is that we cleaned out the Penaltys.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only problem with Kuhn coming up BIG at the end there, is now TT will probably think we're set at RB.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team does not look like SB bound, but it's way too early. It WILL wake up sometime. But, like I said before, I worry that this team will never put up a full game. Something will always keep us from going the distance...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not pretty but one in the win column nonetheless! Lots of work to do, but we'll get it done! Never give up! Never!! Go Pack!!! Thank you Kunh too!!! Matthews +1 to the sack count(7 and counting), Rogers 3 TD passes! Not all bad, just should of been loads better! Glad we won, I really wasn't in the mood to hear those Viking trolls, I'd grow fangs! Breath a sigh of relief, we got away with one. Lets sharpen our swords for next week! On the march, GO PACK GO!!! :detsux:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both mine and Josh posted in the 3rd quarter.

I am glad we won and I am not going to say we should have dominated the Lions because they are a much improved team.

Their D-line is awesome.

With that said many of the Packers problems appear to be lack of preperation and determination to win on some players parts.

Jennings only value is that he runs great route and can be depended on to be where he is supposed to be. His lack of preparation and determination to get the ball kill his value. Otherwise he is just an average guy (slow, short and no moves).

I thought at the beginning of the year that our return game was improved only because of decent blocking. Our slow *** no evasive return guys who now have added coughing up the ball is a cluster #$%@ that is going to continue to burn us.

**** needs to change and players need to wake up. We got lucky today beating the lions, just like the Bears got lucky beating us last week. Yeah, thats right. The Bears suck ****. I just hope they dont get lucky like a few years ago and get lucky all the way to the Superbowl again and make for another lame *** game.

TT, M3 and the rest of the coaching staff need a serious wake up call as well. GET A RB or we will not last. M3 needs to prepare these guys. This game was a joke. The defense got completely owned and burned with no adjustments to counter the offense again just like last year.

We are going to get assraped by the Vikings again if they cannot fix this $hit!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
positives

When needed the most D did their job

When offense needed to they did their job--run at end

Penalties went way down

Good pass protection

Good some good runs off vs what I think is the BEST DL in the NFL

Negatives- Fans (yes) jumping ship and already saying they will lose when its only the 2nd q and the Pack were WINNING

Jennings cant allow the defender to take the ball away

To many blitzes allowed the Lions to dump in the empty areas of the zone

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
oooh one more negative

WE KNOW THEY NEEDED A LEGIT RB, WOULD EVERY STOP HARPING ON IT

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've felt more reassured after losses (i.e. PIT last year) then after that game. Good thing it's early in the season and I don't expect GB's best performances to come until the 2nd half because getting dominated by the NFL's worst team on your home field isn't the sign of a Super Bowl contender, that's for sure.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson doesn't seem to be shifty enough to make people miss and doesn't seem to be quick enough to get out of the backfield and hit the hole.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've felt more reassured after losses (i.e. PIT last year) then after that game. Good thing it's early in the season and I don't expect GB's best performances to come until the 2nd half because getting dominated by the NFL's worst team on your home field isn't the sign of a Super Bowl contender, that's for sure.

WHAT? I felt like crap after Pitt, the D in that game let us down big time tell me they didnt

Then tell us how the D let us down that much today

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

their one of the worst teams, but they are def. not the worst, as far as talent goes. a little disappointing only because they were at lambeau.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we just set our expectations too high coming off the Bears game and that can lead to disappointment when those expectations are not met. I dunno, I was hoping for a blowout. Again, just thanking God we won this game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody watching the Eagles/ Skins game? Vick just got taken out hard. Got sandwiched between to oncoming Redskins. He doesn't look too good. Kolb is in. Those poor bald birdies!!!

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's OK for the fans to get worried in the 4th quarter and you're only 2 points ahead of the Detroit freaking Lions.

That being said, my thoughts:

Woodson is still himself

Not enough pressure on the QB, why the hell did Shaun Hill run 40 yards down the field?

There was a little run game towards the end, I liked that

When a team is succeeding with one type of play time after time, we should probably try and do something about it (dump off passes/screens)

Were at Washington next week. I like our chances, but the play has to get better if we expect to be headed to the postseason