Official Game Day Thread: Lions @ Packers - 10/3: WIN 28 - 26

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHAT? I felt like crap after Pitt, the D in that game let us down big time tell me they didnt

Then tell us how the D let us down that much today

PIT is a solid team with a Pro Bowl caliber QB and was on their home field. I know PIT wasn't at their best last season but they played that game like it were their Super Bowl. I also liked how Aaron Rodgers and our offense never folded. Had we played against PIT like we played today we'd have lost by 20+.

DET and a backup QB rolled over our D today. Maybe I expected too much from them in this game since they're 3-41 since 2007 and they hadn't won a road game against GB since... 1991? I don't get too riled up over early season games since all you really need to do is play .500ish throughout the first 12 games of the season and then get on a hot streak... But that was a very bad performance by GB that I really didn't expect and the only team they were beating today was Detroit.

They won though, so...:detsux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish people would not say Hill is a backup

I seen both him and Stafford play and for me Hill is better

2009 he was 3-2 as a starter for niners

2008 was 5-3 as the starter

Did you not see him play vs the Bears this year? Stafford in they looked horrible, Hill comes in and they should won the game

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson doesn't seem to be shifty enough to make people miss and doesn't seem to be quick enough to get out of the backfield and hit the hole.

I disagree. Jackson is very shifty. I think he is being used improperly. M3 needs to adjust his game plan to the talents of Jackson. Instead he hasnt changed anything and is expecting Jackson to be a one cut hit the hole and hopefully bounce off defenders for extra yards like they use Grant for.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Well on the bright side, our special teams had a slightly better day, though a short punt is the second worst thing next to a returned punt for td. We were sloppy but less flags, and just for that we improved. Hope we get things situated for our next game. GO PACKERS>

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
lol that was one game where he got injured....... Stafford has looked really good, I woudl take stafford over cutler or tavaris jackson right now... And i woudl take anyone over shaun hill.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well on the bright side, our special teams had a slightly better day, though a short punt is the second worst thing next to a returned punt for td. We were sloppy but less flags, and just for that we improved. Hope we get things situated for our next game. GO PACKERS>

Don't forget two fumbles by Nelson. Special teams was reeking, again.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Jackson is very shifty. I think he is being used improperly. M3 needs to adjust his game plan to the talents of Jackson. Instead he hasnt changed anything and is expecting Jackson to be a one cut hit the hole and hopefully bounce off defenders for extra yards like they use Grant for.

Clearly, that's why he manages to get tackled by the first tackler just about every time he touches the ball.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Jackson shifty??? I've seen a back that runs to the hole that was diagrammed on the board because that is where he is supposed to go. I do not recall him ever making a cutback. He usually runs straight in to his blockers. When the hole is large enough to get through he will get run down from behind. He is not a break away threat but any stretch. Good back for a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense or to take a swing pass for a first down but he isn't a threat to take it to the house.

:detsux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think we have to give credit to the Lions for bringing their best to the game. I hope they win their next one, and hopefully demolish the Bears and Vikings, along with the Packers. The other thing to think about is have the Packers been behind? I mean sometimes you need to light a fire when you are behind and win it. Maybe the Packers just get overconfident and get so far and then wait to catch up. Its a very bad strategy.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a horrible game by the Packers today, but the Pack still go the win. The horrible performance today coupled with a Bears loss should light a fire under the Packers.

No more excuses. Time to live up to the hype. Packers need to make a statement against the Skins.

Members online

Latest posts