Official Game Day Thread: Bears @ Packers - 1/2: WIN 10 - 3

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like its gonna be the Giants and Eagles on TV for me. so im gonna have to watch a stream :(

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is it. Everything's on the line in this one. A playoff berth + the fact it's the Bears. Even if we get lucky with Tampa Bay and New York losing, I still wouldn't be too happy about getting swept by the Bears and only getting into the playoffs through the backdoor. I hope they play the way they did last week, with the exception of a couple of bad plays midway through the first half when they allowed New York to tie it.

Since I started following football in 1995, the Packers are 14-1 in regular season finales. The one loss was the debacle in 2002 vs. the Jets that cost the Packers a #1 seed (that one still hurts). They always seem to save their best for last in the regular season, let's hope they do so again.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c'mon Pack, give me a playoff berth for my birthday! i think theyll pull it off. i *hopefully* dont see them committing all of those dumb penalties like they did in the first meeting this season. and, i think today will put Rodgers over 4000 yards/30 td's for the season, and the special teams will actually show up (hey, a guy can dream cant he? haha).

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this late start is going to be a killer today

but lets do it boys! i want to see some playoff football!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some Giants players admit they're gonna be scoreboard watching. lets get a lead and let them see they have nothing to play for!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what the Packers should do:

First play on defense, send an all-out blitz and have two Packers sandwich Cutler. Lovie will see this and immediately pull the starters.

Packers 34
Bears 13

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Here is what the Packers should do:

First play on defense, send an all-out blitz and have two Packers sandwich Cutler. Lovie will see this and immediately pull the starters.

Packers 34
Bears 13

I think we should blitz every defender on every play of the Bears first drive.

Edgecheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys on Sunday countdown seem to think Lovie may rest starters in 2nd half. But I agree, hit Cutler a few times and make Lovie have second thoughts.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i think he'll most likely rest the starters in the 2nd half. we'll see though.

currently debating if i should watch a meaningless Jets game to kill the 3 hours before kickoff...

Edit: i was also reading some Bears fans think that once the starters come out the Packers are gonna win even if the Bears are leading at the time. they have no faith in their back up QB

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm watching it just because I like the NFC South. It should be a good game too, both teams are playing for playoffs.

Plus my only alternative is the Bills v. Jets backups. lol

L

Lunchboxer

Im watching the Saints and Bucs game.

I wish the Bucs was still in our division.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im watching the Saints and Bucs game.

I wish the Bucs was still in our division.

I dont. Not after that embarrassment last year!

I think the Bucs played us harder last year than they play teams in there current division!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont. Not after that embarrassment last year!

I think the Bucs played us harder last year than they play teams in there current division!
They beat us last year, and in 2008. Rodgers is 0-2.

Damn, Tampa Bay just scores and goes up by 10 at the Saints.

BEARS-PACKERS

Here are the inactives for the Packers:

S Atari Bigby, FB Korey Hall, CB Josh Gordy, LB Frank Zombo, C/G Evan Dietrich-Smith, G Nick McDonald and DE Cullen Jenkins.

Graham Harrell is the third quarterback.

For Chicago, they are not resting any starters. Here are the inactives: S Craig Steltz, CB Joshua Moore, RB Kahlil Bell, G Herman Johnson, G/C Edwin Williams, WR Earl Bennett and DT Marcus Harrison. Also, third quarterback Caleb Hanie.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, the truth is all they have to do is Kick the Bears and they are in. Don't worry about the others teams... I have complete confidence they will win!!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so close to kickoff! getting real excited! im really hoping that the Packers game will be on TV instead of the Eagles. chances are it wont be, but i really dont want to have to watch a stream.

Reaction score
Not clicking on all cylinders. Jones and Jennings dropping passes all over the place. Is this the team that was on the field last week? I am glad that Aaron is playing smart and protecting himself. Good luck in the second half Pack!
Trapped

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts