Not easy replacing a franchise QB

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little bored so I'm gonna give one more reason to remind everyone how great it is to have Brett Favre for as long as possible. I know a lot of people would like to see Aaron get his chance(most of them from outside Packerland) but consider this. Every other team always thinks they have the next great QB but since Brett started his first game there have been 21 franchises who have started at least 10 QB's. Here's a list of how many QB's other teams have started (heading into this year) just wishing they had what we do.

Arizona-16
Atlanta13
Baltimore-13
Buffalo-9
Carolina-8
Chicago-20 And Bear fans are telling us what to do with our QB's. Isn't that like a cripple teaching a man how to run! :rotflmao:
Cincinnati-12
Cleveland-15
Dallas-14
Denver-12
Detroit-14
Houston-3
Indy-10
Jacksonville-9
KC-7
Miami-12
Minnesota-11
New England-7
New Orleans-15
NY Giants-9
NY Jets-15
Oakland 12
Philadelphia-12
Pittsburgh-9
Rams-14
San Diego-12
SF-9
Seattle-11
Tampa Bay-10
Oilers-9
Washington-16
So let's just cross our fingers and hope when Brett's done we can be spoiled for another 15 years

LordFarve

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see favre play a few more years. I hope he plays another 5 years.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little bored so I'm gonna give one more reason to remind everyone how great it is to have Brett Favre for as long as possible. I know a lot of people would like to see Aaron get his chance(most of them from outside Packerland) but consider this. Every other team always thinks they have the next great QB but since Brett started his first game there have been 21 franchises who have started at least 10 QB's. Here's a list of how many QB's other teams have started (heading into this year) just wishing they had what we do.

Arizona-16
Atlanta13
Baltimore-13
Buffalo-9
Carolina-8
Chicago-20 And Bear fans are telling us what to do with our QB's. Isn't that like a cripple teaching a man how to run! :rotflmao:
Cincinnati-12
Cleveland-15
Dallas-14
Denver-12
Detroit-14
Houston-3
Indy-10
Jacksonville-9
KC-7
Miami-12
Minnesota-11
New England-7
New Orleans-15
NY Giants-9
NY Jets-15
Oakland 12
Philadelphia-12
Pittsburgh-9
Rams-14
San Diego-12
SF-9
Seattle-11
Tampa Bay-10
Oilers-9
Washington-16
So let's just cross our fingers and hope when Brett's done we can be spoiled for another 15 years

Thanks for that stat. Really puts things in perspective. Not including Houston, who are a brand new team (relatively), the next team had 7 QBs start in that time period. We've been blessed, and I think we should count our blessings. I'm hoping Favre plays two more years after this.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

Arizona-16
Atlanta13
Baltimore-13
Buffalo-9
Carolina-8
Cincinnati-12
Cleveland-15
Dallas-14
Denver-12
Detroit-14
Houston-3
Indy-10
Jacksonville-9
KC-7
Miami-12
Minnesota-11
New England-7
New Orleans-15
NY Giants-9
NY Jets-15
Oakland 12
Philadelphia-12
Pittsburgh-9
Rams-14
San Diego-12
SF-9
Seattle-11
Tampa Bay-10
Oilers-9
Washington-16

Thanks for that stat. Really puts things in perspective. Not including Houston, who are a brand new team (relatively), the next team had 7 QBs start in that time period. We've been blessed, and I think we should count our blessings. I'm hoping Favre plays two more years after this.

Thanks for the stats Cdnfavrefan and I am crossing my fingers ( but not holding my breath ) on that two more years zombieslayer. We can dream though :thumbsup:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff threw out some numbers in his chat last night further driving this point home. He noted that of the Super Bowl winners, the vast majority have had either a HOF, or Pro Bowl QB at the helm. On the few exceptions where a team won with an average QB, they had something unique(all time defense, etc) and then they were kind of a 1 year wonder.

So not only is it difficult to replace greatness, but it is virtually impossible to acheive greatness without a great QB.(I wish I could have fit in another great :rotflmao: )

Packula

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People really have no idea what they are in for.

The Rams finally went out and got their promising, "future HOF" quarterback to lead the team, and then he went and got hurt. Luckily, they had Warner on the bench, eh?

You can't annoint someone and expect them to live up to it. Brett Favre is who he is because he works hard, competes harder, and expects only to be benched when someone truly outplays him for the job.

And he's not going to let that happen until he's carried off the field.

Latest posts