No Respect

phineasfreakears

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else out there feel like the Pack is treated like Rodney Dangefield? After another win, all I hear from the talking heads on NFL Today is that the Giant must be really bad if they lost at home to Green Bay. And that the Pack didn't beat the Eagles, they beat themselves, even though our defense limited Mcnabb & company to one touchdown. If we can win at home against the Chargers, maybe we will get a little more respect from around the league.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Peter King had listed us several times in his MMQB, even said the Chargers might be running into trouble next week. It is comming.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night Mike ditka talked about how bad the Giants were.

Meanwhile, The Packers are building confidence and improving each week. This is a young team that will continue to grow and get better.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer that the media thinks we suck, we're a better underdog. When we're expected to win, that's when it gets shaky.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The national media have been slow to pick up on the Packers' improvement, even though it was very evident during the preseason. Partly it's because the Packers are a small-market team, and partly it's because the team is operating in Brett Favre's shadow at this point.

Besides, it really IS too early to tell if the Packers are any good. I think they are, but I don't blame someone from somewhere else if they're not convinced. Thankfully, this is pro football, not college, so ultimately every team gets the chance to prove itself on the field.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thankfully, this is pro football, not college, so ultimately every team gets the chance to prove itself on the field.

Amen, the AP poll / BCS is a complete joke... but that is for another forum.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen a few more heads popping up today praising the Packers.
The talking heads are starting to pay attention.

As caliph said this is a young team that will only get better.

There will be some bumps along the road but being 2and 0 against 2 playoff teams is a very good sign of things to come.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all comes down to execution. We could be a really good team with one of the best defenses in the league if our D is able to play loose. It seemed like they were trying to "not make the game changing mistake" in the first half yesterday, up until we got a decent lead. Then they started laying the lumber and flying around the field. If they play loose all the time, it could be fun to watch!
GO PACK! BEAT THOSE CHARGERS.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a bit of an obsessive-compulsive freak, and I tend to flip out when things aren't in their proper places. So when I hear analysts not giving the Pack thier props and lauding pretenders like the Broncos and Lions with praises, I fly into fits of rage and kick my dog. Not good.

When I heard Jaws talking up the Packers, I said to my dog "Dog," -that's his name- "Dog, Jaws is your hero, don't forget that" and he looked at me like, "ok".

The point is, when Green Bay gets the commentary-love, the world is a much safer place.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I'm a bit of an obsessive-compulsive freak, and I tend to flip out when things aren't in their proper places. So when I hear analysts not giving the Pack thier props and lauding pretenders like the Broncos and Lions with praises, I fly into fits of rage and kick my dog. Not good.

When I heard Jaws talking up the Packers, I said to my dog "Dog," -that's his name- "Dog, Jaws is your hero, don't forget that" and he looked at me like, "ok".

The point is, when Green Bay gets the commentary-love, the world is a much safer place.
Wait.........."Pack_in_black" is really "MICHAEL VICK!?!?!?!?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, we have people in this very forum that still do it. We won the last four last year and first two this year "but".

Our defense has been stellar this whole time, including the pre-season, where they showed us they were going to come out flying around and aggressive.

"Ya but those four teams last year weren't any good."

"Chicago didn't try."

"Ya but that was pre-season."

"Ya but it's only two games."

PHILLY has been talked about as a possible NFC team that could go all the way. We beat them.

The COWGIRLS have been talked about as a possible NFC candidate as well and they couldn't stop the Giants offense like we did.

The bottom line is our defense is as good as ANYBODY'S and Favre maybe 38 years old but he's better than about twenty five other starting QB's out there.

The big negative is that we have no known running backs. Yet New England is the best team(considered by most) in the NFL and they are beating teams with a great QB, good receivers, and a great defense.

HMMMM?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, we have people in this very forum that still do it. We won the last four last year and first two this year "but".

Our defense has been stellar this whole time, including the pre-season, where they showed us they were going to come out flying around and aggressive.

"Ya but those four teams last year weren't any good."

"Chicago didn't try."

"Ya but that was pre-season."

"Ya but it's only two games."

PHILLY has been talked about as a possible NFC team that could go all the way. We beat them.

The COWGIRLS have been talked about as a possible NFC candidate as well and they couldn't stop the Giants offense like we did.

The bottom line is our defense is as good as ANYBODY'S and Favre maybe 38 years old but he's better than about twenty five other starting QB's out there.

The big negative is that we have no known running backs. Yet New England is the best team(considered by most) in the NFL and they are beating teams with a great QB, good receivers, and a great defense.

HMMMM?

Are you putting the Packers in the same class as New England? I don't think the Pack is that good. I can not wait for the Dallas game. Thats gonna be a great game. I hope the Pack can beat Dallas, b/c they look like a playoff team.

If we can get a solid rushing attack going, have Brett & the defense keep playing at a high level, the Pack has as much chance as any NFC team top get to the playoffs.

3-0 would be a sensational start. If we start out 3-0, I'd say it is almost
%99 certain the Packers have a winning season.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there are several teams that cannot just go out in any game and run the ball well. These teams, and NE is one of them, get's the running game going by MAKING the defense respect what it does in the passing game.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont expect any more respect if we beat the chargers. I see the excuses piling up already. New coaching staff, they havent really done that good this year, and they are right, the chargers have sucked this year. I just hope it continues for one more week. As for what everybody else thinks... let them think we suck, that will be less focusing on our game plan and less people trying to break it down and expose our weak points.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think there are several teams that cannot just go out in any game and run the ball well. These teams, and NE is one of them, get's the running game going by MAKING the defense respect what it does in the passing game.

Not hard to do when you have Moss lol

I get what you're saying, not trying to knock it at all. I am pleased with the Packers, but I don't think they have the best of anything in the NFL as of yet.

Right now we're winning because we are making less mistakes than the other team and we are capitalizing on their mistakes. Which is what you are supposed to do. It's a sign of a good team.

We have youth on our side as well.

I think the Packers are getting respect. I've had my eyes an ears glued to the radio and TV when they talk about the Packers and for the most part people are saying we have a defense that is feared and only going to get better.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are starting to get a little respect. Beat the Chargers next week then the respect will come from everyone.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt Coughlin kind of disrespected us by saying the Giants aren't that bad of a team. He went on to say were 0-2 so this is my belief not a fact. He didn't say anything about GB being a good team. It seemed to me that he was saying we aren't this bad and the Packers aren't this good.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny how Aikman rarely commented when the Packers had a good play, and when they did, all he would talk about is what the Giants needed to do to prevent it from happening again. But he's always been like that during Packers games.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't care what people say right now. we win enough games, people will start to come around....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts