Nick Collins Update...

H

HardRightEdge

What an important distinction! :rolleyes: I wrote "income", not profits. Nearly everyone here understands the NFL doesn't have $9B of profit/year. Look, you've had a bug up your **** since I posted I didn't care about your point regarding to which tree the personnel people that have left Green Bay belong. Time to get over that, or do you really want to continue to nit pick this kind of crap?
"Income" is needlessly vague.

The bottom 22 teams in operating net income, i.e. profits, mean averaged about $22 million and median averaged about the same in 2012 if the Forbes numbers are to be believed. Most NFL franchises are not good businesses.

Oh yeah, the tree thing. "Nearly everybody here", as some like to say, know all those guys came up with Wolf, whether you care about the point or not. Then again, we really shouldn't presume what "nearly everybody here" might know or not know.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
"Income" is needlessly vague.

The bottom 22 teams in operating net income, i.e. profits, mean averaged about $22 million and median averaged about the same in 2012 if the Forbes numbers are to be believed. Most NFL franchises are not good businesses.

Oh yeah, the tree thing. "Nearly everybody here", as some like to say, know all those guys came up with Wolf, whether you care about the point or not. Then again, we really shouldn't presume what "nearly everybody here" might know or not know.
So nit picking and continuing to pout it is. And apparently even you know the difference between "income" and "net income". :D

H

HardRightEdge

So nit picking and continuing to pout it is. And apparently even you know the difference between "income" and "net income". :D
The difference is only know in proper context. That's why people who know what they're talking about use the term "revenue".

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

'nitpicking' is one word

The difference is only know in proper context. That's why people who know what they're talking about use the term "revenue".

'known' not 'know'

See Jack's post above for an example of using 'know' correctly.

Kudos to you HRE - you used the correct "They're" and proper punctuation throughout. Jack - good job on punctuation as well. Although I wouldn't start a sentence with "And", it is acceptable.

;)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And you persist?! This is getting a little sad. Let’s review: In a thread about Nick Collins and in response to my post asking how involved a test for spinal stenosis is and whether it would make sense for the league to include it in physicals for all draftees, your contribution was implying I posted “earnings” instead of “income” as it relates to the NFL. And then to quibble about the difference between net and gross income, a distinction of which you are aware. BTW, please contact the IRS to correct their use of the term “income”. Here’s their definition of “Business Income”: "If there is a connection between any income you receive and your business, the income is business income". http://www.irs.gov/publications/p334/ch05.html#en_US_2013_publink1000313412 You no doubt find that needlessly vague but that looks an awful lot like they're talking about gross income, doesn't it? IMO in the context of my post, the common usage of the term “income” is ‘money or other compensation a business receives in exchange for providing a service (in this case entertainment)’. But that’s not even the point. The point is you had to stray so far from the point of the thread and my post in order to nitpick, all because you’re upset about my not caring about something you care about. And you apparently just can't let it go! :D
Although I wouldn't start a sentence with "And", it is acceptable.;)
Thanks for that but I’ll take my example from a higher power: "Matthew 6:6 But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you." AND "Matthew 6:12 and forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors. 6:13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." ;) Language quoted from the Net Bible. https://bible.org/netbible/

H

HardRightEdge

And you persist?! This is getting a little sad. Let’s review: In a thread about Nick Collins and in response to my post asking how involved a test for spinal stenosis is and whether it would make sense for the league to include it in physicals for all draftees, your contribution was implying I posted “earnings” instead of “income” as it relates to the NFL. And then to quibble about the difference between net and gross income, a distinction of which you are aware. BTW, please contact the IRS to correct their use of the term “income”. Here’s their definition of “Business Income”: "If there is a connection between any income you receive and your business, the income is business income". http://www.irs.gov/publications/p334/ch05.html#en_US_2013_publink1000313412 You no doubt find that needlessly vague but that looks an awful lot like they're talking about gross income, doesn't it? IMO in the context of my post, the common usage of the term “income” is ‘money or other compensation a business receives in exchange for providing a service (in this case entertainment)’. But that’s not even the point. The point is you had to stray so far from the point of the thread and my post in order to nitpick, all because you’re upset about my not caring about something you care about. And you apparently just can't let it go! :D Thanks for that but I’ll take my example from a higher power: "Matthew 6:6 But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you." AND "Matthew 6:12 and forgive us our debts, as we ourselves have forgiven our debtors. 6:13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." ;) Language quoted from the Net Bible. https://bible.org/netbible/
And I sayeth unto you, wow, sheesh. :speechless:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey, now you know how I feel. :sad for you:

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort to deflect from another spat, Amish.

IMO, beginning a sentence with "And" may convey emphasis that might be otherwise be lost if the clause were simply attached to the preceding sentence. For this reason, I would never categorically dismiss starting a sentence that way.

A great deal of grammar is horseshit anyway: saps the artistry and imagination out of writing, nurtures lazy reading.

And that's coming from an English major, FWIW.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

IMO, beginning a sentence with "And" may convey emphasis that might be otherwise be lost if the clause were simply attached to the preceding sentence. For this reason, I would never categorically dismiss starting a sentence that way.

A great deal of grammar is horseshit anyway: saps the artistry and imagination out of writing, nurtures lazy reading.

So what are you saying, commas are the literary equivalent of the anti-Christ?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and I. That's poor English or it's perfectly fine, depending on who you ask. Or is that whom? :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I'm right with you. I was taught to 'write as you would speak' ... so, I even type in "farm boy" -- I've been told it is endearing.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the discussion evidently the Packers released him over a black spot that had formed under the plate of his vertebrae. Apparently that spot is gone now.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just for the discussion evidently the Packers released him over a black spot that had formed under the plate of his vertebrae. Apparently that spot is gone now.

I don't know where you've got this from, but his agent told Jason Wilde on Tuesday that his medical status hasn't changed.

Nick Collins clearly wants to play football again, but according to agent Alan Herman, the former Green Bay Packers safety’s medical status has not changed.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=12991&is_corp=1

D

Deleted member 6794

That's the problem, the source was Nick Collins. If the agent has said his medical status hasn't changed then it certainly looks like a closed case in Green Bay.

Collins talked to Wilde on Wednesday, and he didn´t mention anything like that on his radio show.

Latest posts