NFL Network

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love it.. Could not get into the BCS Title game at all last night.. NFL Network provided a nice alternative. A replay of the the 2008 NFC Title Game..

I had forgotten how both teams were trying their best to give that one away at the end. Obviously Favre's pick was horrible, but Tynes missed two field goals. Giants pick off a pass in the 4th quarter and then fumble the return back to the pack. Horrible play calling in the last two minutes by the giants gives the packers the ball back and then Favre did nothing giving the giants one last chance at a regulation winning field goal. But damn, that weather was brutal.. I remembered watching that game in the 4th quarter and all the talk had been about the giants not being able to deal with the weather. Yet in the 4th quarter, every time the camera hit Brett, it looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. Rodgers will be much tougher.

Reaction score
When I watched that game, I was nervous the whole time as if I was watching it live. I cheered when the Giants missed the first game winning field goal.

OP
OP
G

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what you mean.. Obviously, being a giant fan, I liked the way it turned out.. They do a good job condensing the game down to 2 hours without cutting too much out. When Tynes missed the first one, Coughlin was in his face.. After the one at the end of regulation, you could see the giants and eli talking to him to get his head back for the OT

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Brett looked like he didn't want to be there before the game started. Hes in the tunnel, his teammates are jumping around pumping their fists, and Favre just kind of sitting there looking off shivering, almost like he is sulking. I told my friends, he is going to screw this up - this is his last game. He's already done.

OP
OP
G

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that pick was classic Favre.. Also the one earlier off the scramble..He lucked out that the giants turned it over right back

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
People forget that 1st interception..Yet when Brett fans re live that game, it was no running game, and the defense couldnt stop the run, and Al Harris got owned (which he did)...They hardly mention Brett's play at all..

Then people like Skip Bayless say Brett was their best chance in 08 and 09 if they kept him...He was there in 07 and sure didnt help us at all

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget that 1st interception..Yet when Brett fans re live that game, it was no running game, and the defense couldnt stop the run, and Al Harris got owned (which he did)...They hardly mention Brett's play at all..

Then people like Skip Bayless say Brett was their best chance in 08 and 09 if they kept him...He was there in 07 and sure didnt help us at all

i think we all agree that skip bayless is a moron

I mean all he does he go for the less popular opinion and pound it in everybody's faces

OP
OP
G

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a monster game for Burress... Had to laugh when he went by the bench saying "He can't cover me"...he's a clown, but the giants would still love to have him as a target..

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a monster game for Burress... Had to laugh when he went by the bench saying "He can't cover me"...he's a clown, but the giants would still love to have him as a target..

na

if Burress was here it would of held back Cruz's production without a doubt. I am SOO happy we didn't bite on the Burress bullet as is the FO

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can remember was thinking that tom coughlin was going to die on the sidelines. His face was red as a red balloon.

Reaction score
Is it just me or does Rodgers just look so much better in the pocket and throws a lot better than the 2007 Favre?

It seems as if every time Rodgers throws, he throws it like he will complete it and when Favre throws it sometimes has that gunslinger mentality stuck onto the ball.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Rodgers just look so much better in the pocket and throws a lot better than the 2007 Favre?

It seems as if every time Rodgers throws, he throws it like he will complete it and when Favre throws it sometimes has that gunslinger mentality stuck onto the ball.

That was Brett all 15 years here...either a great throw or an int is what most people thought..

some may have closed their eyes lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Favre looked cold and disinterested in the regular season at Chicago in 2007 - that's why I too was concerned about the weather for that NFCC game. The killer for me was on the OT INT Favre picked the worst of his available options. His best option was Grant, who was wide open in the middle of the field, but that wasn't exciting enough for the ole gunslinger so the obvious positives of his career are balanced by multiple epic playoff meltdowns/blunders.

Reaction score
That was Brett all 15 years here...either a great throw or an int is what most people thought..

some may have closed their eyes lol
Lol exactly... It just looked like in the Broncos game that his throws were always a little underthrown and he was stepping into his throws a little bit too much. The cold could have been a major factor in that though even though he's probably the best cold weather passer in the history of football.

D

Dan115

I thought Brett looked like he didn't want to be there before the game started. Hes in the tunnel, his teammates are jumping around pumping their fists, and Favre just kind of sitting there looking off shivering, almost like he is sulking. I told my friends, he is going to screw this up - this is his last game. He's already done.

I agree with you. He really didn't look like he wanted to be there.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game and like the rest of you felt Brett just did not want to be there I think the cold was a factor in his play,all the years of playing hurt arthritis may have set in being in pain all these were factors Brett always said he hated to play in the cold.

Reaction score
Man, we had an awesome Defensive group in 2007
Pickett/Corey/Cullen/Jolly/KGB/Kampman on the D-Line.
AJ/Desmond/Nick/Brady/Chillar @ LB
Collins/Tramon/Al/Woodson/Atari in the secondary
Could you imagine if we had an Awesome Defensive Coordinator back then?:eek:

D

Dan115

Man, we had an awesome Defensive group in 2007
Pickett/Corey/Cullen/Jolly/KGB/Kampman on the D-Line.
AJ/Desmond/Nick/Brady/Chillar @ LB
Collins/Tramon/Al/Woodson/Atari in the secondary
Could you imagine if we had an Awesome Defensive Coordinator back then?:eek:

Al Harris just had a bad game.

OP
OP
G

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed the replay of the week 13 game last night...I was out of town in Vancouver during the first one and only saw part of the second quarter... Giants can definitely play with these guys. Looking forward to Sunday

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I felt the same way. We saw what an "Interested" Brett Fraud could do in 2009. He was anything but in that NFC Championship game.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant believe how quick you guys are to bash Favre. He was the face of the franchise for sooo long. Rodgers needs to play at this level for another 10 seasons. I always respected Favre even with his ego. Yeah he declined like all the greats do, but what a run he had. Plus, he still had a great run with the Vikings.

OP
OP
G

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only problem with Brett is he didn't know when to retire. He was good but pushed it too far...And his ego made him try risky passes.. Sometimes they worked but as he got older it got worse and he became a joke. But definitely a first ballot HoFer

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant believe how quick you guys are to bash Favre. He was the face of the franchise for sooo long. Rodgers needs to play at this level for another 10 seasons. I always respected Favre even with his ego. Yeah he declined like all the greats do, but what a run he had. Plus, he still had a great run with the Vikings.

Really? 10 years...

Since 98, he averaged 25 tds a year.. and 18 ints per year...But yeah he was great for 10 years??? I would say from 94 to 01 maybe..

With in the people I know, loved him for what he gave us, and never wanted him to leave..but he started to wear on lot of us with his late game ints and such..But we wanted to forgive him after all he won a SB in 97...Even 9 years later, any interception was forgiven, he won a SB

When he started to do the retire no retire stuff, it really started to get old..Did he have the right to do it? Sure, but he shouldnt have..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So should I assume you still love Tiki?

Members online

Latest posts