NFC Championship Game referee

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My worst fears are realized... Terry McAulay will be refereeing the NFC Championship Game. Yes, his crew called 18 penalties in Week 3 against the Packers in Chicago, including a ticky-tack "helmet-to-helmet" which cost the Packers an interception late in the game. I have a bad feeling about this...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My worst fears are realized... Terry McAulay will be refereeing the NFC Championship Game. Yes, his crew called 18 penalties in Week 3 against the Packers in Chicago, including a ticky-tack "helmet-to-helmet" which cost the Packers an interception late in the game. I have a bad feeling about this...

Now that's an interesting note...$h!t

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score

UGHGGHGHGHGHG!!!! NO!!!!!!! Talk about worst fears as well for the AFC Game. Eddie Muscles is reffing the Pittsburgh-NY game. Oh man good luck in that city dealing that!!! Isn't McAulay apart of that guys reffing crew??

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe this crap. Might as well have Bear fans Ref the game. F***. My confidence of winning just went away.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we have resolved our penalty problems.

McAulay is supposed to be the most accurate referee in the league. We just better not give him any reason to call penalties on us.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, figures.

But I was reading that this was an All-Star crew, so the other officials with him will be different. So hopefully it's called a little more fair this time and the guys are just allowed to play. I mean it's for a trip to the Super Bowl. Let them play.

The guy has a pretty impressive resume on games he's called. So I think he'll be fair. Sure hope so anyways.

L

Lunchboxer

oh no :(

Well that is a major setback. Our boys better play a clean *** game then.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow...

You guys are really worried that this team has NOT cleaned up their mistakes?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow...

You guys are really worried that this team has NOT cleaned up their mistakes?
It's not about us making the penalties, it's about fairness in officiating.

But actually, I've expected the refs to be biased since we've lost the division.

We just have to surpass it. We will have a chance to win the game, even if the refs screw us as they did in 09.

We can't let it bother us, nor the field bother us or whatever. Be focused, give your all on the field, and we'll overcome whatever comes our way.

( I know I'm not playing sunday...)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game won't be won or lost by the refs. If the Bears and the Packers both play error free games, we will win going away.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not about us making the penalties, it's about fairness in officiating.

But actually, I've expected the refs to be biased since we've lost the division.

We just have to surpass it. We will have a chance to win the game, even if the refs screw us as they did in 09.

We can't let it bother us, nor the field bother us or whatever. Be focused, give your all on the field, and we'll overcome whatever comes our way.

( I know I'm not playing sunday...)

I am more worried bout the field then the refs

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking this might actually be to our benefit if the Refs call a tight game. The Bears DB's were mugging the hell out of Seattle and GB's WRs the last two games they played. If the Refs call it tight I see a lot of P.I. and illegal contact calls on the Bears. If that happens, and our WR are able to get free (and not drop easy passes for TDs). GB wins.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Refs make mistakes of course. The first meeting against the Bears wasn't lost by the Refs! It was lost by stupid legit penalties. A certain Offensive Lineman was having trouble with Mr. Peppers.

I watched the Seattle game as well. I saw that a couple of bad calls went against the Bears. Especially the Pass interference call in the end zone when the ball was clearly thrown way out of the end zone, beyond catchable.

The Pack will win if they play like they are capable of playing. If they have to hold to keep the pass rush off of Rodgers there will likely be calls against them.

Stop the whining. The Pack should win this game, and if by some unlikely chance they lose it won't have much to do with the refs.

Thank god the Packers don't act like some of their fans or I would really be worried about the outcome of this game.

BTW the Bears really don't suck!

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I was thinking this might actually be to our benefit if the Refs call a tight game. The Bears DB's were mugging the hell out of Seattle and GB's WRs the last two games they played. If the Refs call it tight I see a lot of P.I. and illegal contact calls on the Bears. If that happens, and our WR are able to get free (and not drop easy passes for TDs). GB wins.
On the flip side of that our DBs are known for physical play and it can hurt us as well.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs are to blame

The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is?

This was the ***-clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field, in which he called holding on Tauscher to take off a TD to Finley, which was a normal block.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - You Can Not Be Serious![/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they all get graded on their performance and if its not up to par lose their job. Im not worried about him being blind again.

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to rain on your parade, but the penalties were legit. Don't worry the Pack has very little to worry about in this game. If by some chance they lose it will have very little to do with the refs. The Pack has the better overall team, if they execute as they are supposed to do the game will be over early.

The Bears are an aberration, not a lot of talent really, but they play up to their talent level every game.

Stop whining about the refs, it sounds like sour grapes!

Here Frank here is something you can dance to!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siahUz9WCVk"]YouTube - We Hate Cheeseheads[/ame]

Packer fans need to create something to counter this....

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will likely go out of his way to err on the side of not calling cheap stuff like that since this reputation now proceeds him. I wouldn't worry about it.

Members online

Latest posts