1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC Championship Game referee

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Crazy Packers Fan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    My worst fears are realized... Terry McAulay will be refereeing the NFC Championship Game. Yes, his crew called 18 penalties in Week 3 against the Packers in Chicago, including a ticky-tack "helmet-to-helmet" which cost the Packers an interception late in the game. I have a bad feeling about this...

2. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    Now that's an interesting note...$h!t

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
  4. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    it'll make revenge that much sweeter...

5. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40

UGHGGHGHGHGHG!!!! NO!!!!!!! Talk about worst fears as well for the AFC Game. Eddie Muscles is reffing the Pittsburgh-NY game. Oh man good luck in that city dealing that!!! Isn't McAulay apart of that guys reffing crew??

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Oh ****! Oh ****! Oh crap!

7. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Wow, I can't believe this crap. Might as well have Bear fans Ref the game. F***. My confidence of winning just went away.

8. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Hopefully we have resolved our penalty problems.

McAulay is supposed to be the most accurate referee in the league. We just better not give him any reason to call penalties on us.

9. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Yeah, figures.

But I was reading that this was an All-Star crew, so the other officials with him will be different. So hopefully it's called a little more fair this time and the guys are just allowed to play. I mean it's for a trip to the Super Bowl. Let them play.

The guy has a pretty impressive resume on games he's called. So I think he'll be fair. Sure hope so anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    oh no :(

Well that is a major setback. Our boys better play a clean *** game then.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Wow...

You guys are really worried that this team has NOT cleaned up their mistakes?

12. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    In a word, yes...

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    It's not about us making the penalties, it's about fairness in officiating.

But actually, I've expected the refs to be biased since we've lost the division.

We just have to surpass it. We will have a chance to win the game, even if the refs screw us as they did in 09.

We can't let it bother us, nor the field bother us or whatever. Be focused, give your all on the field, and we'll overcome whatever comes our way.

( I know I'm not playing sunday...)

14. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    This game won't be won or lost by the refs. If the Bears and the Packers both play error free games, we will win going away.

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    I am more worried bout the field then the refs

16. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    You know, I was thinking this might actually be to our benefit if the Refs call a tight game. The Bears DB's were mugging the hell out of Seattle and GB's WRs the last two games they played. If the Refs call it tight I see a lot of P.I. and illegal contact calls on the Bears. If that happens, and our WR are able to get free (and not drop easy passes for TDs). GB wins.

17. Justanobserver

Justanobserver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    The Refs make mistakes of course. The first meeting against the Bears wasn't lost by the Refs! It was lost by stupid legit penalties. A certain Offensive Lineman was having trouble with Mr. Peppers.

I watched the Seattle game as well. I saw that a couple of bad calls went against the Bears. Especially the Pass interference call in the end zone when the ball was clearly thrown way out of the end zone, beyond catchable.

The Pack will win if they play like they are capable of playing. If they have to hold to keep the pass rush off of Rodgers there will likely be calls against them.

Stop the whining. The Pack should win this game, and if by some unlikely chance they lose it won't have much to do with the refs.

Thank god the Packers don't act like some of their fans or I would really be worried about the outcome of this game.

BTW the Bears really don't suck!

18. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    On the flip side of that our DBs are known for physical play and it can hurt us as well.

19. Packerfan303

Packerfan303 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    not sure if i like this ref.

20. arrimike

arrimike Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    This is just the Commissioners' way of evening out the playing field. Haha

21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Refs are to blame

The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is?

This was the ***-clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field, in which he called holding on Tauscher to take off a TD to Finley, which was a normal block.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KIzbktgJk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - You Can Not Be Serious![/ame]

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    they all get graded on their performance and if its not up to par lose their job. Im not worried about him being blind again.

23. Justanobserver

Justanobserver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Hate to rain on your parade, but the penalties were legit. Don't worry the Pack has very little to worry about in this game. If by some chance they lose it will have very little to do with the refs. The Pack has the better overall team, if they execute as they are supposed to do the game will be over early.

The Bears are an aberration, not a lot of talent really, but they play up to their talent level every game.

Stop whining about the refs, it sounds like sour grapes!

Here Frank here is something you can dance to!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siahUz9WCVk"]YouTube - We Hate Cheeseheads[/ame]

Packer fans need to create something to counter this....

24. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    He will likely go out of his way to err on the side of not calling cheap stuff like that since this reputation now proceeds him. I wouldn't worry about it.

25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    We have a thread on this already

Merging them