Next year thoughts ??? Lol

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Adam Schefter says the Jags could shop Jalen Ramsey this offseason. Not saying it’s a good or bad idea, just throwing it out there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adam Schefter says the Jags could shop Jalen Ramsey this offseason. Not saying it’s a good or bad idea, just throwing it out there.

FWIW here's the Jaguars reaction on the rumor:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Which of this roster is not back next year on the opening 53? (some could be traded) Also assuming no management changes. I have between 30 & 35 locks to return. OL and DB depth I could be quite wrong on.
Quarterbacks
8 Tim Boyle
9 DeShone Kizer
12 Aaron Rodgers
Running backs
45 Danny Vitale FB
24 Lavon Coleman RB
32 Tra Carson
33 Aaron Jones
30 Jamaal Williams
Wide receivers
17 Davante Adams
18 Randall Cobb
11 Trevor Davis <Coin toss
82 J'Mon Moore
19 Equanimeous St. Brown
83 Marquez Valdes-Scantling
81 Geronimo Allison <Coin toss
16 Jake Kumerow WR
Tight ends
80 Jimmy Graham <Coin toss
84 Lance Kendricks
89 Marcedes Lewis

85 Robert Tonyan
86 Ethan Wolf
Offensive linemen
69 David Bakhtiari T
74 Byron Bell G
75 Bryan Bulaga T
70 Alex Light T

63 Corey Linsley C
64 Justin McCray G
62 Lucas Patrick G

78 Jason Spriggs T
65 Lane Taylor G
61 Cole Madison G <Coin toss
68 Kyle Murphy T
77 Adam Pankey T
71 Anthony Coyle G

Defensive linemen
90 Montravius Adams DE
97 Kenny Clark NT
76 Mike Daniels DE
95 Tyler Lancaster NT
94 Dean Lowry DE
96 Muhammad Wilkerson DE
99 James Looney DE
79 Deon Simon NT
Linebackers
91 Kendall Donnerson OLB
58 Brady Sheldon ILB
42 Oren Burks ILB
54 James Crawford ILB <Coin toss
51 Kyler Fackrell OLB
93 Reggie Gilbert OLB
50 Blake Martinez ILB
52 Clay Matthews III OLB
44 Antonio Morrison ILB
53 Nick Perry OLB
56 Korey Toomer ILB
47 Jake Ryan ILB

Defensive backs
23 Jaire Alexander CB
26 Bashaud Breeland CB <Coin toss
29 Kentrell Brice SS
28 Tony Brown CB
39 Ibraheim Campbell SS
36 Raven Greene FS
37 Josh Jackson CB
27 Josh Jones SS
20 Kevin King CB
25 Will Redmond CB
38 Tramon Williams FS
31 Davon House CB

Special teams <Coin toss for all 3
43 Hunter Bradley LS
2 Mason Crosby K
6 JK Scott P
Roster updated November 19, 2018

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting list Poppa. I agree with most of it. I'm not sure that I would cut Tramon Williams, Jake Ryan, or Mason Crosby but I understand why they are on the list. Assuming that we get a safety in FA, I expect Tramon to stay on the roster as a backup S/CB at the veteran minimum. Ryan is still needed for depth and I don't think there is any reason to get rid of Crosby yet. However, I would absolutely bring in competition every training camp just to have options.

We have lots of draft picks to use in 2019. I expect that they will be bundled for draft day trades unless Gutekunst sees value later in the first.

For free agency, I think that safety, OLB, and guard are the top three positions that I would target in the first wave. Then I expect Gutekunst to kick the tires on other options.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's lol? Do you think all 13 of our opponents next year will neither improve nor regress? That their drafts and involvment in free agency will mean absolutely nothing? That potential coaching changes won't make a difference? I thought it was common knowledge that preseason SOS means absolutely nothing because it never winds up the same after the season.
all that being said it's still relevant. who didn't think we'd not have a tough time this season? our schedule looked killer and it's proved to be just that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Assuming that we get a safety in FA, I expect Tramon to stay on the roster as a backup S/CB at the veteran minimum.

Williams is under contract with the Packers through 2019 scheduled to earn $4.75 million next season.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which of this roster is not back next year on the opening 53? (some could be traded) Also assuming no management changes. I have between 30 & 35 locks to return. OL and DB depth I could be quite wrong on.
Quarterbacks
8 Tim Boyle
9 DeShone Kizer
12 Aaron Rodgers
Running backs
45 Danny Vitale FB
24 Lavon Coleman RB
32 Tra Carson

33 Aaron Jones
30 Jamaal Williams
Wide receivers
17 Davante Adams
18 Randall Cobb
11 Trevor Davis <Coin toss
82 J'Mon Moore
19 Equanimeous St. Brown
83 Marquez Valdes-Scantling
81 Geronimo Allison <Coin toss
16 Jake Kumerow WR
Tight ends
80 Jimmy Graham <Coin toss
84 Lance Kendricks
89 Marcedes Lewis

85 Robert Tonyan
86 Ethan Wolf
Offensive linemen
69 David Bakhtiari T
74 Byron Bell G
75 Bryan Bulaga T
70 Alex Light T

63 Corey Linsley C
64 Justin McCray G
62 Lucas Patrick G

78 Jason Spriggs T
65 Lane Taylor G
61 Cole Madison G <Coin toss
68 Kyle Murphy T
77 Adam Pankey T
71 Anthony Coyle G

Defensive linemen
90 Montravius Adams DE
97 Kenny Clark NT
76 Mike Daniels DE
95 Tyler Lancaster NT
94 Dean Lowry DE
96 Muhammad Wilkerson DE
99 James Looney DE
79 Deon Simon NT
Linebackers
91 Kendall Donnerson OLB
58 Brady Sheldon ILB
42 Oren Burks ILB
54 James Crawford ILB <Coin toss
51 Kyler Fackrell OLB
93 Reggie Gilbert OLB
50 Blake Martinez ILB
52 Clay Matthews III OLB
44 Antonio Morrison ILB
53 Nick Perry OLB
56 Korey Toomer ILB
47 Jake Ryan ILB

Defensive backs
23 Jaire Alexander CB
26 Bashaud Breeland CB <Coin toss
29 Kentrell Brice SS
28 Tony Brown CB
39 Ibraheim Campbell SS
36 Raven Greene FS
37 Josh Jackson CB
27 Josh Jones SS
20 Kevin King CB
25 Will Redmond CB
38 Tramon Williams FS
31 Davon House CB

Special teams <Coin toss for all 3
43 Hunter Bradley LS
2 Mason Crosby K
6 JK Scott P
Roster updated November 19, 2018
Im confident that Geronimo, Williams, Perry and McCray will be back. Furthermore I do see them handing 2nd deals to Breeland and Wilkerson if they are to be had on one year contracts

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 6 of those players will most likely be back if we can get Breeland and Wilkerson to continue with us. Both provide veteran leadership on a young defense. Would love to add Earl Thomas and Clowney in free agency as well which would free us up to draft best available in the OLB, OL, OL and another impact WR to help ARod and Adams out in our first 3 rounds. We need to draft high draft picks on the offensive side. We are starting to show aging across the board on the offensive side and need an infusion on high impact offensive players.

Looking at that list... I'd include Campbell, Morrison, Adams, and Kizer as coming back as well.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I would cut Tramon Williams, Jake Ryan, or Mason Crosby but I understand why they are on the list.
All three are showing to be JAGs this season. LB is OK without Ryan. Possible the run D is better with him. I'd have no issues with his return but can you do better? I don't recall him being all that fast and now he's recovering from an ACL in a contract year. Possibly resign with an injury protection status built in, in case he is just too slow. Tramon is getting by on experience, not topflight skill and Masons value has been adequately discussed elsewhere on this board.
Looking at that list... I'd include Campbell, Morrison, Adams, and Kizer as coming back as well.
I expect Kizer to be on the trading block, probably as part of a package for draft position improvements. Or bundled with another adequate player like Adams/ King/ Jones/ Moore/ Davis for an out of favor LB, DL, or FS. As to King, I saw a rumor someplace that TT traded down and left TJ Watt on the board against the advice of his scouting dept. Campbell and Morrison could return, I didn't dig into them very far, just like most of the PS guys that weren't Gute draft picks.
Im confident that Geronimo, Williams, Perry and McCray will be back. Furthermore I do see them handing 2nd deals to Breeland and Wilkerson if they are to be had on one year contracts
This season was Geronimo's one chance to shine. He has to beat out not only the 3 rookies but Kumerow and Davis too. Plus any WR picked before round 5. Plus any FA that may get signed. I expect him to be signed and next preseason will make or break his roster chances. Same for McCray. And Patrick. And Murphy. Bulaga and Perry may be disposed of as a signal that players need to be effective when available. Especially if a new regime comes in. Which is why Wilkerson is on the bubble. Breeland has missed more games than he has been available for.
ETA: I have Breeland on the + side of the coin toss expecting a low cost contract and a full, healthy camp for him to strut his stuff.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jalen Ramsey seeks the spotlight and prime time. He is a great athlete and good player. I don't think it would work in Green Bay.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have the NFC East, AFC West, one NFC South team and one NFC West team. The two unknown teams should match our position in division.
You can bet Dallas is marking their calendar to have another crack at us again. And it'll be fun to see what Mahomes will do against us next year. And it's not often we play against Rivers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to draft a guy with legit 4.2/4.3 speed! Take the top off s defense l! Hill opens everything for the Chiefs simply because he can fly! Otherwise that’s an average Wr core minus Kelce.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I was thinking about what should be done next year to have a come back year and to be a dominating team again.

We should let go of Matthews. Perry. Cobb. Bulaga. Maybe even Jimmy. 10 million seems like too much. And never breaks away. Might clear up about 50 mil.

Free agency. Hope we get aggressive . There are couple guys like matheu or Earl Thomas. More pressure on pass rushers. Maybe go after clowny. Who else would be available ?

Let go of mcarthy . Change for the good. He is too comfortable as a head coach now. Maybe find a guy that teammates lone to play hard for like Rams coach. Don't think we should go after new England's assistant.

Draft oline and pass rushers.

We should be golden after? Lol
Graham, Bulaga and Perry would create $41 million in cap space and $20 million in dead cap. Matthews and Cobb are F/A. Dead cap is the way to build a team.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people really trust Gute with free agents/making the right moves with veterans? He whiffed with Graham, Marcedes Lewis, and Tramon. He also should have cut bait with Cobb and Clay before the year and kept Jordy. 0 for 6 right there. 0 for 7 if you include not trading a bunch of picks for Khalil Mack.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your looking for a WR barn burner like tyreek hill... your guy is Marquise Brown Oklahoma total stud. but he is early second round as of now. he will open up the O.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to draft a guy with legit 4.2/4.3 speed! Take the top off s defense l! Hill opens everything for the Chiefs simply because he can fly! Otherwise that’s an average Wr core minus Kelce.
Marquise Brown that will getter done

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do people really trust Gute with free agents/making the right moves with veterans? He whiffed with Graham, Marcedes Lewis, and Tramon. He also should have cut bait with Cobb and Clay before the year and kept Jordy. 0 for 6 right there. 0 for 7 if you include not trading a bunch of picks for Khalil Mack.
lol... let’s just say I don’t agree with much if any of that.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol... let’s just say I don’t agree with much if any of that.

Early assessment he's done well with his first draft, but I feel like my points about the veterans were 100% spot on. Only arguable points are I think Jordy should have stayed and Khalil Mack would have been worth the picks and money.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey seeks the spotlight and prime time. He is a great athlete and good player. I don't think it would work in Green Bay.

Idk sometimes guys like that need to go somewhere where they can mature and be more focused on football. No place like Green Bay are you going to be more away from any distractions non football related .....because Lord knows there’s nothing to do there.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All three are showing to be JAGs this season. LB is OK without Ryan. Possible the run D is better with him. I'd have no issues with his return but can you do better? I don't recall him being all that fast and now he's recovering from an ACL in a contract year. Possibly resign with an injury protection status built in, in case he is just too slow. Tramon is getting by on experience, not topflight skill and Masons value has been adequately discussed elsewhere on this board.
I expect Kizer to be on the trading block, probably as part of a package for draft position improvements. Or bundled with another adequate player like Adams/ King/ Jones/ Moore/ Davis for an out of favor LB, DL, or FS. As to King, I saw a rumor someplace that TT traded down and left TJ Watt on the board against the advice of his scouting dept. Campbell and Morrison could return, I didn't dig into them very far, just like most of the PS guys that weren't Gute draft picks.
This season was Geronimo's one chance to shine. He has to beat out not only the 3 rookies but Kumerow and Davis too. Plus any WR picked before round 5. Plus any FA that may get signed. I expect him to be signed and next preseason will make or break his roster chances. Same for McCray. And Patrick. And Murphy. Bulaga and Perry may be disposed of as a signal that players need to be effective when available. Especially if a new regime comes in. Which is why Wilkerson is on the bubble. Breeland has missed more games than he has been available for.
ETA: I have Breeland on the + side of the coin toss expecting a low cost contract and a full, healthy camp for him to strut his stuff.

I can see Breeland coming back...but I don’t see him coming back for what they will probably offer him. He will get a higher value from some place like Philly, KC, or New York. Corner wasn’t a huge concern of mines coming into the season but with Tramon Williams moving to FS and likely a candidate for release, and Kevin King being the most unreliable player on the roster not named Nick Perry or Bryan Bulaga, that leaves Alexander and Jackson and a couple of other guys.

I’ve been on here for months saying Josh Jackson will eventually end up at FS if the Packers are smart ..because I think he’s a ballhawk who excels when he can see the ball in front of him versus having to play man to man and running with WRs. I think Josh Jones will end up the full time SS by seasons end going into next season, and if Tony Brown can ever get his head around he probably could end up in the top 3 corner rotation. But heres another guy who played Safety in college trying to make it as an NFL corner...he’s a actually faster than Alexander and could probably end up back at safety at some point. I feel like they really need to offer Landon Collins a contract but I’m more concerned with getting pass rushers because I think the potential for a good secondary is already on the roster. King is kinda ******** that up because he’s ALWAYS hurt.

D

Deleted member 6794

I can see Breeland coming back...but I don’t see him coming back for what they will probably offer him. He will get a higher value from some place like Philly, KC, or New York. Corner wasn’t a huge concern of mines coming into the season but with Tramon Williams moving to FS and likely a candidate for release, and Kevin King being the most unreliable player on the roster not named Nick Perry or Bryan Bulaga, that leaves Alexander and Jackson and a couple of other guys.

In my opinion Breeland hasn't performed at a level resulting in another team offering him decent money next offseason. In addition he hasn't been able to stay healthy either. The Packers might be able to bring him back for cheap.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You forgot to rant about Wilkerson, Kendricks, House and Missin Crosby. Then you'd be left with Rodgers and the rookie contracts. Also starring Mike Daniels and Nick Perry.
There is something to be said about being underwhelmed with this seasons FA class. 2/3 season in and it doesn't look much better than any of sweaty uncle teddy's bargain basement dumpster dives. Players on the downside of their careers looking for a last hurrah. Players on the training table. TT always swung at the other end of the spectrum, looking out for a future gem instead a declining vet. Except for a few that weren't.

H

HardRightEdge

Graham, Bulaga and Perry would create $41 million in cap space and $20 million in dead cap.
I come up $15.7 mil in cap savings for 2019 with $20 mil in dead cap for those 3 players.

I presume you're counting the cap savings in Perry's 2020 and 2021 years and Graham's 2020 year in that $41 mil savings, most of that difference in Perry's contract. I don't find this to be a very constuctive way to look at it. For example, Perry's cap savings for 2019 is only $3.6 mil. It the Packers decide to retain him given those nominal savings, which I would consider possible but not certain, they could still release him after 2019 for $6.9 mil in 2020 savings or after 2020 for $10.4 mil in 2021 savings. It's not a now or never situation in capturing that $41 mil in savings. Same for Graham's 2020 year. Bulaga is signed through 2019 only so he is an either/or proposition.

The salient questions are whether Perry is worth that $3.6 mil in 2019 savings, or Graham worth his $5.3 mil in 2019 savings, or Bulaga worth his $6.8 mil 2019 cap savings. Those are legitimate questions. Factoring into those decisions are "who else ya got" or can get to replace them.

Members online

Latest posts