Next QB

Whose our QB next year (if Favre retires)?

• Craig Nall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JT O'Sullivan

• Doug Pederson

• I think its to early to be thinking that Favre will retire that soon

• Draft QB

• Total voters

packerbacker#4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey anyone think Craig Nall can play QB besides me? I think hes our next QB. He CAN throw the deep ball and he's got a little Brett Favre in him. He's got relative experience and he's out of everyone's league in NFL Europe. Now I know thats not saying much, but look at what he's done as a substitute. I think he'd of won the Giants game if they wouldn't have put Pederson in. He can throw the ball and make great decisions.
He's what 15-18 this year for a quarterback rating of 144.4. That's better than Peyton Manning. Just kidding, he's nowhere near Manning. But he has no INTs and 3 TDs.

Sherman, give him a chance if Brett Favre retires!

Anyone else have anything to add. (ok and if you want to disagree you can do that to)

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree with you on Craig Nall. The kid looked very composed in the pocket and looks to have a gun for a arm. The passes he threw in the eagle mop up duty, were very quick and on the mark. I hope Brett has a few more years in him, but if not i could see giving Craig a chance.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Nall looks real good. That was one positive thing that came out of the Eagles game, Nall looked good. I think if Brett put some time in to help coach him he will turn out to be a great QB. Not to mention he has Favre, the best of the best, to watch at practice and every Sunday.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
craig nall has looked great for the handful of drives i've seen him handle. you know who else looked like a great back-up....Tim Rattay.

sadly, the time is coming when soon we will have to hand over the reigns. maybe craig can do it. i'll play skeptic for now.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Brett will retire after this year. If by chance he did though, I think Hasselbeck might be the QB next year. Matt has said in the past he would like to return to Green Bay, and he recently turned down the Seahawks proposal of a contract extension.

I don't think Hasselbeck is really the answer to replace Favre, but if Favre actually retired after this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Packers make a move for Hasselbeck since he will be a free agent after the season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
My feeling with Brett is we all will know when he's ready to hang it up. I can't see Brett jus going 'bye bye guys' without giving the staff some kind of warning. For instance if we draft a QB in the first round I'm willing to bet that Brett said hey guys I'm gonna be finished after this year start looking hard for my replacement. Ya know what I mean? I don't know maybe thats jus wishful thinking too and hell who knows maybe Nall can take over that'd be awesome. With the trio of receivers we have and with ahman and the rest of the RBs and OL I'm willing to be we just need a QB who wont LOSE games for us. Kind of like how Dilfer was for the Ravens a few years back, nothing special but didn't lose games for them.

OP
OP
P

packerbacker#4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're right about us knowing when Brett Favre will pack it up. He loves this team and game to much to just pick up and leave.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packerbacker#4 said:
I think you're right about us knowing when Brett Favre will pack it up. He loves this team and game to much to just pick up and leave.

Yup, he doesn't seem Ricky W type to me.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During this year's draft, I wanted Sherman to keep Ricky Ray...
Two "Grey Cups" and 16 0f 18 games played in the outdoors(?) - yep, that's Frozen Tundra material..

The problem with Nall, is he's not a corporate suckup type (like Brett don't kiss *** either, (which is a requirement of Sherman's) and if Brett was still waitin' in the wings for his chance with "this" Coach(?) - he wouldn't be in there either, unless of course, they had no other choice.

Two scenarios -
1. Brett hangs on for one more season... just to see how things turn out; remember, he said as long as he's contributing and he feels like he's having fun(?), then he'll keep hanging around, much to the dis-appointment of the biased press corps, I might add.

2. Brett retires - because he's had it with Rossley's weak-kneed play calling, especially in tough situations. Also, he might retire just to spend more time with Deanna, his wife, pending her ability to ovcercome the cancer she's being treated for now.

Rossley has squandered the talent of a 3x MVP for the last four years and more. And, Sherman doesn't look like a Holmgren type with "asking Brett what he thinks" in a given situation... which Mikey did all the time. A long, long time ago, Brett certainly earned the right to be out in the huddle calling plays of his own, while the upstairs just listened and took notes, (think Elway) and with Rossley hiding up there in the booth, that's never, ever gonna happen.

Possible Scenario No. 3 - Harlan has an epiphony(sp) and scoots Sherman up to the Head Office and we see yet another new Coach (14th) for the Packers. So, pending that... who would we be getting(?) - I hope they don't hire from within this time. AND, pending such a thing were to happen, then Rossley would be gone(?) and moving over to the Head Office possibly, too, since him and Sherman are connected to the hip for golfing on Mondays.... (that's why Donatell got the boot, Rossley is Sherman's golfing partner) - So, if Rossley is gone - Brett will definitely stay for another year.... I don't see it happening any other way... But let's not forget the cancer bug with his wife, tho'.... Deanna's health will be the final factor this year. If she kicks the bug, then she'll stand behind her QB.. 110%... count on it!

Everyone remember Brett's comment at the beginning of the Season?

SuperBowl, or bust?! -- Rossley didn't like that one bit!
We get rid of Rossley, we get the 1996 Brett Favre back... I feel sure of it. 8)

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett will come back next year, but if he doesn't, we might have just seen his last game at lambeau against the Jaguars.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Pack can stand up against the Vikings next week and go to Chicago and win there again... we could possibly be three time NFC Nort' Champions! It "is" still possible... Which means, we would get at least one game at Home against one of the other Wild Cards... It's still pretty much up in the air at this point.. that's how busted up the NFC is right now.. I mean, geez, look at the Rams, at 6 & 7 and still a contender for a playoff spot with a losing record.... that's just plain nasty, no matter which way ya look at it.

Keep your fingers crossed guys... we may end up good enough to play (ahem) the Eagles all over again. Remember, on any given Sunday!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't studied it up all the way thru yet - that takes waay too much time at the moment for me... I gotta a Club to run. Does anyone out there know who the top contenders are for the Draft next year? Is there a listing of QB's which may be available thru FA which the Packers could take another look at? And, what about that Ricky Ray? Pennington looks a little miffed at the Press boys... so something's up there.. but does that mean anyone in the background might still be avialable (on any Team for that matter)?

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like and expect to see favre come back for atleast a season or two more...after that if we don't make any moves at a high draft pick i would be all for giving Nall a season to see what he can do...What i don't want to see is another team with a quarterback contraversy...If Nall is our starter then he should start all year so that he can get used to it, none of this Giants 04' drama like has been seen this year!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a little far fetched, but the backup to Vick in Atlanta, Matt Schaub had a great preseason. He was drafted in the 3rd round this year (after our bench warming punter) out of Virginia and shows tremendous promise. Unless Vick goes down, he's not likely to get playing time anytime soon. How about a repeat of history and send Atlanta a draft pick for this kid. It didn't work out too bad last time.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a little far fetched, but the backup to Vick in Atlanta, Matt Schaub had a great preseason. He was drafted in the 3rd round this year (after our bench warming punter) out of Virginia and shows tremendous promise. Unless Vick goes down, he's not likely to get playing time anytime soon. How about a repeat of history and send Atlanta a draft pick for this kid. It didn't work out too bad last time.
That's just plain twilight zone - but hey...
First thing I'd do? Have Ron Wolf go take a gander - get his opinion.... privately, of course... :roll:

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were the Falcons I don't think I would ever deal with the Packers again. If I remember correctly Schaub had the top QB rating in the preseason granted he probably wasn't playing with the best competition.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett will go on top no matter what It might be this year or two years from now but he will go out on top just like Elway. Whenever he gets his next ring thats when he'll retire.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold on P4 - if the talent around Brett Favre just isn't there... then another Ring is not an option - no matter which way you cut it. And, the NFL is not th NBA where, like Phil Jackson, you can trade yourself onto a SuperBowl bound Team...

Fluke of all flukes.... as I said before on this site....
Each year the Packers have come to Indy, and they have lost to the Colts...?
They have gone on.. to the SuperBowl... winning one out of two.
This is the third time the Packers have been here and lost.
Could we be headed for the SuperBowl yet again? Maybe.......!

But - everyone knows... that our Defense is just not SuperBowl caliber...
Hopefully, Brett will stay one more year and we can make something of it in FA next year.

Members online

Latest posts