new offensive philosophy

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the game, the announcer said, "this week, Aaron Rodgers really bought into the philosophy that completion percentage doesn't matter." That might not have been his EXACT words but they were something along the lines. What the hell kind of philosophy is that? I would say that it does matter. I mean, the last superbowl winner's qb had the highest season completion percentage in the history of the nfl. Coincidence? I doubt it. I know that to an extent it's true. Like when you see those qbs who are 12-15 for like 70 yards. Ya, I get it, that guy's just dinking and dunking, but completion percentage doesn't matter? Can someone please explain this to me.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I dunno, pretty dumb sounding comment, which is uncharacteristic of him. Probably a quote taken out of context.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what he meant when he said that is instead of trying to force a completion, rodgers now understands that it's OK to throw the ball away

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was just sayins a throw away is better than a forced pass. I thought AR did a great job.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And Rodgers did a good job with that new philosophy then. No picks against the jets and it allowed us to keep chipping away at the jets for the win.

He could also run with it, if he doesn't see something down field, although I don't like seeing him run the ball after what happened to Vick.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd rather see him run it (and slide). Or, just throw the little dump off/check down passes. A yard or two is better than nothing. And who knows? That player could break a tackle or two, and turn it into a nice little 20 yard gain. I know I saw Kuhn, Bjax, and Hall sitting open in the flats more than a few times.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wind was absolutely brutal today. The field goal we missed, and the one the Jets missed, were both blown further off course than any I can remember seeing for quite a long time. I'm surprised there weren't multiple picks by both teams. Both quarterbacks played much better than the numbers would indicate.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Jets had 4 or 5 dropped balls. Could have been a different game if their WR held onto the ball, and didn't get stripped for INT twice (yeah yeah, I know, they were down, but the Refs screwed up).

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that the refs screwed up. The one that was challenged held up on review, and after the ex NFL head of officiating saw the replay, he said it would hold up before the ref even went under the hood. The defender has as much right to the ball as the receiver does. Our guys wanted it more and worked harder for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts