MVS is quietly...

D

Deleted member 6794

After Game 6 in his 2nd season, MVS has already surpassed Jordy Nelson's 2 year totals. Think about that. MVS is good. He needs to up his catch %, but it's heading in the right direction these last two weeks.

With MVS primarily being a deep threat his catch percentage most likely won't significantly increase moving forward.

pThe NFL had a revenue of $8.1 billion in 2018...and you're worried about bottom of the roster types making $400k? For an educated businessman, you're pretty bad at math.

FWIW that number was solely national revenue during the 2017 season, it was up to $8.78 billion in '18. Including local revenue (a number that is estimated) the total was between $16-17 billion.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one who ain't on the MVS hype train yet. He has highlight reel catches, but is nowhere close to being a clutch receiver. I still see him closer to Janis end rather than Jordy end in WR spectrum.

Color me not impressed. Still have high hopes for him, given his talent. Fingers crossed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one who ain't on the MVS hype train yet. He has highlight reel catches, but is nowhere close to being a clutch receiver. I still see him closer to Janis end rather than Jordy end in WR spectrum.

Color me not impressed. Still have high hopes for him, given his talent. Fingers crossed.
you're not alone. I don't care what the stats say, but if Jordy were pressed into this amount of playing time at this stage of his career, i don't think he goes thru a game with that little of impact on the stat sheet.

MVS plays a role, he's a legitimate downfield threat, I think he's definitely more of a receiver than Janis was, but other than his speed, there isn't that much special about him really. There was another one last night that i thought he should have caught. a moderately difficult catch maybe, but right there and I didn't see it get tipped or anything. The defender did get his trailing arm and knocked the ball out, but the really good receivers catch that more often than not. He seems to miss those at least as often as he catches them.

You have to hit on those plays when you dial them up, otherwise it doesn't have much impact on the defense in how they're going to play you because you didn't force them to change.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
you're not alone. I don't care what the stats say, but if Jordy were pressed into this amount of playing time at this stage of his career, i don't think he goes thru a game with that little of impact on the stat sheet.

MVS plays a role, he's a legitimate downfield threat, I think he's definitely more of a receiver than Janis was, but other than his speed, there isn't that much special about him really. There was another one last night that i thought he should have caught. a moderately difficult catch maybe, but right there and I didn't see it get tipped or anything. The defender did get his trailing arm and knocked the ball out, but the really good receivers catch that more often than not. He seems to miss those at least as often as he catches them.

You have to hit on those plays when you dial them up, otherwise it doesn't have much impact on the defense in how they're going to play you because you didn't force them to change.
I really wish Equanimeous St. Brown were active right now. I had high hopes for him until the ankle injury. MVS right now is playing his role and serving his purpose as a burner down the field, and the Packers have converted on enough big plays with him to force defenses to respect it, but I was looking forward to seeing what type of year EQ could put together.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wish Equanimeous St. Brown were active right now. I had high hopes for him until the ankle injury. MVS right now is playing his role and serving his purpose as a burner down the field, and the Packers have converted on enough big plays with him to force defenses to respect it, but I was looking forward to seeing what type of year EQ could put together.
Me too, but next year will be the soonest we can see him again. this year presented a really good opportunity to get him on the field as it's played out and see what we have, but it wasn't meant to be.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EQ is that possession, smart receiver we need IMO. I hope he comes back healthy and can make an already crowded young WR room.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree that speed alone doesn't make a downfield threat. Not sure if it's the scheme or his route running abilities, but I don't see him getting open much. Kumerow has made couple of clutch catches and might soon overtake him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that speed alone doesn't make a downfield threat. Not sure if it's the scheme or his route running abilities, but I don't see him getting open much. Kumerow has made couple of clutch catches and might soon overtake him.

Overtake MVS? Sorry MVS has way too much raw skills for that to happen IMO. To me Kumerow is a better version of Janis, lot of heart and willingness to do whatever. A guy you LOVE having, and honestly would be smart to never go elsewhere and take whatever pay the Pack will give him, because I just don't see him working anywhere else....Boykin, Janis...and so many others with bigger names even know this all too well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have a clue about all the love for Equanimious. I never saw him do much. Kind of wishful thinking imho

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't have a clue about all the love for Equanimious. I never saw him do much. Kind of wishful thinking imho
of course it is. He hardly knew anything and he hardly played. But he had some decent catches, he can run routes and physically he's pretty gifted. This season would have been a prime opportunity because of how things played out to get a lot of playing time in live action and see what we have. A guy that will grow into a legitimate NFL receiver, or be some talented kid that comes and goes.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious that most of us think the packers will need to invest in the WR position with a high/mid round pick and/or a free agent. And they will have to do it soon.

The 2019 draft would have been a good time to make that investment and really good receivers were still being picked through the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Looking forward, the only sure thing is Davante Adams. Personally I like Kumerow and think he is a pretty decent #3 possession receiver. Similar with Lazard. But I am not a huge fan of MVS. Not sure why he isnt making more of an impact with his size and speed.

Factoid: Lazard led all WRs with 67% of snaps against KC

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is playing his way into more playing time, the way it should be done. He's taking advantage and making the most of it. He's had a tough drop in each of the last 2 games, but came back and then some.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
of course it is. He hardly knew anything and he hardly played. But he had some decent catches, he can run routes and physically he's pretty gifted. This season would have been a prime opportunity because of how things played out to get a lot of playing time in live action and see what we have. A guy that will grow into a legitimate NFL receiver, or be some talented kid that comes and goes.
Sounds like that Wisconsin kid that came through here a few years back. Abra something (cadabra?)

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how many white WRs, or RBs even, do you find or see in that scenario???

Let's be 100% honest here...

Why hasn't Kumerow gotten more opps? What took Thielen so long to "get a chance"

How come it took Jordy Nelson so long to develop and get a chance???

Why are guys like Welker, Edelman, Amendola always overlooked as actually being "good"? Sure they played on the Patriots in their best seasons but you still have to be pretty good to get 100/1000 every year...

hmm..........

*ps Christian Mcaffrey has shown he has the ability to be the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk.. but he's constantly overlooked. Sure the Panthers aren't any good but you can't ignore his production/stats.

Jordy Nelson was like the 1st pick of the 2nd round and played with a slew of extremely talented crew of WRs in GB.... How the **** is that being overlooked and not being given a chance?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson was like the 1st pick of the 2nd round and played with a slew of extremely talented crew of WRs in GB.... How the **** is that being overlooked and not being given a chance?
sometimes it’s better not to react and give attention to bull$hi!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like that Wisconsin kid that came through here a few years back. Abra something (cadabra?)
I think EQ is quite a bit more talented than that kid. I have no idea what he'll end up as though. So many have the talent but never make it. Doesn't mean I'm any less excited to see if he can be good or not. This would have been a good year to find out what we have.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think MVS will ever develop into a receiver consistently putting up a huge number of receptions but he has already proven to be a legit deep threat.

He's definitely a far better receiver than Janis though, already having more than five times the receiving yards Janis had in the regular season.

To me Kumerow is a better version of Janis, lot of heart and willingness to do whatever. A guy you LOVE having, and honestly would be smart to never go elsewhere and take whatever pay the Pack will give him, because I just don't see him
working anywhere else....

Kumerow is a completely different receiver than Janis, having fully grasped the playbook and being in sync with Rodgers. Unfortunately he doesn't possess the same physical traits.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see our more important needs still on the defensive side of the ball. Inside on the D line and inside linebacker. Also, O line. I like our receivers. We have done pretty well even w/o Adams. And he is going to make a big difference.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Legit deep threat in how many games. He has gone AWOL for as many games as he's had deep catches imo!

Members online

Latest posts