MLS Musings

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Some people have very strong opinions about things. I understand there were some problems down in Dresden again.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Some people have very strong opinions about things. I understand there were some problems down in Dresden again.

I haven't heard of anything going on there. We don't get much news from Saxony. Speaking of East Germany, I will be attending an Aue game this year.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
What do you mean, Sandolf ? Heidenau ?

It might of been an inappropriate comment nessie, but this "sport for girls in school" comment reminded me of people of ignorance who are absolutely convinced they are right.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm watching the U.S. Open Cup in Philadelphia right now. By golly those Union fans are singing! They don't have quite the volume of the European teams, but they are singing all along. :tup: I know it is the Philadelphia fans and not the KC fans because at the end of their "oh oh oh"s they are shouting UNION!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Truly an interesting article. British guys love MLS... because it uses a playoff system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/s...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Speaking of MLS playoffs, they start tonight. Croak's team didn't make the playoffs. Sandolf's team barely made the cut, but they have the talent win some games in the playoffs. I don't have an MLS team, I just only hope Red Bull or LA don't win... anyone else I'm good with. I think I'd like to see Seattle or Portland vs Toronto or Columbus.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Truly an interesting article. British guys love MLS... because it uses a playoff system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/s...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Speaking of MLS playoffs, they start tonight. Croak's team didn't make the playoffs. Sandolf's team barely made the cut, but they have the talent win some games in the playoffs. I don't have an MLS team, I just only hope Red Bull or LA don't win... anyone else I'm good with. I think I'd like to see Seattle or Portland vs Toronto or Columbus.

My team is lucky to even be considered an MLS team right now. They've got to do some re-organizing. They seem to have a good fan base with good turnouts, but management and player acquisition seems to want to work on the cheap.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Wow, 2 great playoff games last night with some amazing talented goals including a bicycle kick from Juan Agudelo that rivals Looney's bicycle kick against City a few years back.

Seattle beat LA 3:2 which also had some amazing goals and seeing LA lose always makes me happy.

DC United beat New England 2:1 although I would have preferred to see New England win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We had "trick or treat" night here in the neighborhood. Haven't gotten to see a playoff game yet. :cry: I read, however, that the infamous ref was up to his old tricks the other night. ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Having a hard time staying interested in a match that features Portland and Vancouver. I think I'll switch channels back to the Seasqwauks and Cowgirls....

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Not so much an MLS issue, more of an American soccer issue. Plans in place to ban heading the football until children are 11yrs old.

Now, i understand the several lawsuits investigating head injuries in American sports such as football and boxing, which are relating to illnesses later on in the individuals lives. So I'm not going to go into those cases.

But, I can categorically guarantee that nobody is suffering any type of brain injury from heading a soccer ball. This just seems insane for me?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Not so much an MLS issue, more of an American soccer issue. Plans in place to ban heading the football until children are 11yrs old.

Now, i understand the several lawsuits investigating head injuries in American sports such as football and boxing, which are relating to illnesses later on in the individuals lives. So I'm not going to go into those cases.

But, I can categorically guarantee that nobody is suffering any type of brain injury from heading a soccer ball. This just seems insane for me?

My son had a concussion playing soccer as a teen. The Doc said he sees a lot of soccer concussions *from contact with other players*. That's what happened to my boy. He was on a break away toward the opponents goal and an opponent who couldn't quite out run him, slammed into him causing him to literally "barrel roll" several yards. I don't know that I've ever heard of concussions from heading the ball.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

It's absurd... and as soon as someone new gets into a position of power... this rule (I believe) will go away.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
NYCFC reveals new jersey.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts