MLS Musings

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
*When Americans are congratulating themselves on how well they’ve embraced the sport over the past decade, they ought to face north. Canada taught them how."

For your amusement Meestor Bundesbiers. :D

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...railblazers-in-north-america/article23350012/

That is not only the worst article I've ever heard, it's simply the most homeristic as well. Thanks for the laugh.

Sure, those silly Seattle fans show up 44,000 people at a time, sing their songs loudly, and just hope that magically the ball goes into the net of their opponents without understanding how the ball got there, and then face north and thank the Canadians for showing us how to do it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
That is not only the worst article I've ever heard, it's simply the most homeristic as well. Thanks for the laugh.

You're welcome. :D

Funny thing is that this article reminded me of the old days where I used to try to agitate you over at chargers.com. This anti-American schtick is never really totally objective, but it has it's amusing aspects nonetheless. :laugh:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Sure, those silly Seattle fans show up 44,000 people at a time, sing their songs loudly, and just hope that magically the ball goes into the net of their opponents without understanding how the ball got there, and then face north and thank the Canadians for showing us how to do it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not to worry. From what I read online, Canucks think they walk on water and invented everything known to mankind. They are the most the just, the gentlest, the most honorable, the most law abiding, the most politically correct, the most wealthy, etc. etc. etc. Well...perhaps they do qualify for the most arrogant people, eh? I think the long Canadian winters tend to give their brains frostbite. :laugh:

But in MLS news. O-O for the Union is about appropriate for the temperatures here in PA this week. Today is the first decent day in a loooong time and it's in the 40's (F).

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Not to worry. From what I read online, Canucks think they walk on water and invented everything known to mankind.

There's always going to be a spirit of competition between us, much like the Netherlands and Germany. Canucklestan is somewhat more timid when it comes to the rest of the world, with most of what you described in your post reserved exclusively for the USA.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
You're welcome. :D

Funny thing is that this article reminded me of the old days where I used to try to agitate you over at chargers.com. This anti-American schtick is never really totally objective, but it has it's amusing aspects nonetheless. :laugh:

Try is the optimal word, rarely succeeded. :D

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Try is the optimal word, rarely succeeded. :D

Kelly kind of fired wide of the target with his piece. The USA has very dedicated fans. It is a question about how knowledgeable they are. Canada is a more diverse society with more diverse interests. So when it comes to the finer points of voetbol, nevermind cricket, rugby, darts or whatever, we have the more sophisticated fans. But that is not to say better fans.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Kelly kind of fired wide of the target with his piece. The USA has very dedicated fans. It is a question about how knowledgeable they are. Canada is a more diverse society with more diverse interests. So when it comes to the finer points of voetbol, nevermind cricket, rugby, darts or whatever, we have the more sophisticated fans. But that is not to say better fans.

Well, just remember, you have French Canadians in your mix. That should bring down the level of sophistication a it. :p

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
The opening weekend of MLS Soccer had an attendance of 258,378 over 10 games. EPL had 335,501 over 10 games their past weekend. Pretty good showing for MLS. Averaged 25,800/game while EPL did 33,500/game.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Yo @Croak . Saw the movie trailer for the "Sons of Ben" movie. Looks pretty good. Pretty cool for those fans.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yo @Croak . Saw the movie trailer for the "Sons of Ben" movie. Looks pretty good. Pretty cool for those fans.

That's cool. I live closer to Harrisburg than Philly. But everyone around here knows Philly people are rabid about their own hometown sports. Ever see the movie "Invincible"? It was a very accurate portrayal of how those folks treat their franchises. I don't know if I'll get to a Union game, but I intend to make several of the City Islanders games this year, and hopefully the one they play against the Union every year. So far our Union have decided that just getting draws is enough. I hope they snap out of mediocrity.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
That's cool. I live closer to Harrisburg than Philly. But everyone around here knows Philly people are rabid about their own hometown sports. Ever see the movie "Invincible"? It was a very accurate portrayal of how those folks treat their franchises. I don't know if I'll get to a Union game, but I intend to make several of the City Islanders games this year, and hopefully the one they play against the Union every year. So far our Union have decided that just getting draws is enough. I hope they snap out of mediocrity.

Letoux, Edu, and Aristagueta are very good players.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Good grief. The Union just pulled their mini version of the Packers. Winning the battle the whole game and blow it big time in stoppage time. I'm beginning to know how Nessie feels rooting for Hamburg. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What ? I thought you are British:D
Do you know or even like "Maggi" ? I grew up with Maggi in my soup or on my egg...Marmite is quite similar imho. ;)

Marmite is the devils food.............disgusting ! Black pudding however is beautiful :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts