MLS Musings

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Smart of them. I think a lot of the MLS teams could do a better job of engaging the community.

Philadelphia has the community definitely engaged, but it still has that big red ***** on the jersey. The wife and daughters laugh at me every time I wear it.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Really great 1st day of MLS action. Some really superb games and some great goals. Going to be a good MLS season.

Toronto FC beat Red Bull NY so that made me happy.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Red card minutes from the half for Seattle. KC looked bad to start but are getting it together.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Red card was for a slide tackle with both feet off the ground. It was the right call.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Red card was for a slide tackle with both feet off the ground. It was the right call.

That's a tough one. He didn't touch the defender. I know its a new rule, but I'm not a fan of that call, but I'm fine with the call as long as the refs are consistent with it all year. But yellow seems more appropriate.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
That's a tough one. He didn't touch the defender. I know its a new rule, but I'm not a fan of that call, but I'm fine with the call as long as the refs are consistent with it all year. But yellow seems more appropriate.

He doesn't touch but that doesn't make the slide any less reckless. MLS made it clear this off season they wouldn't fool with that anymore.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I signed up for MLS Live for a 2nd straight year. Wasn't happy with their coverage this first year, but so far, this year is better but their blackout rule ruined it last year. This year its a little better.

The table in the East is surprising. The 1st and 2nd place team from last year are in last and 2nd to last respectively.

Gerrard is a bust in LA...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Why does the US have to put it's MLS all star team up against Arsenal? We've got some pretty darn good teams in the MLS that could go head to head with arsenal without being an all star team.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
^^^ Can someone please do a welfare check on Croak? I think the heat may be getting to him. :p:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I think this game will be very fun to watch. Looking forward to it.

Got some IPA's in the fridge.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Ok... Let's discuss this. There was a 3 minute water break each half (at 30 minutes and 75 minutes)... Yet in both halves, the ref only added 2 additional minutes for extra/injury time... What?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok... Let's discuss this. There was a 3 minute water break each half (at 30 minutes and 75 minutes)... Yet in both halves, the ref only added 2 additional minutes for extra/injury time... What?
What was the result? I assume extra time did not matter anymore and as I know extra time is at the discretion of the ref .
But somehow strange when you have planned water breaks :cautious:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What was the result? I assume extra time did not matter anymore and as I know extra time is at the discretion of the ref .
But somehow strange when you have planned water breaks :cautious:

Aresnal beat the MLS All Stars 2:1. But because of the heat, there were planned water breaks that lasted 3 minutes each half while the clock ran. Yet, at the end of both halves, only 2 minutes were added. Not sure the ref's realized their mistake.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Alejandro Bedoya goes to Philadelphia Union from Nantes. A big grab for the Union.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Watching with great interest tonight...

Philadelphia Union vs Toronto FC. 2 good teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts