MLS Musings

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
My union got thumped. :cry:

Still in the playoff hunt.

And just like that, Seattle Sounders went from the worst team to now contending for a playoff spot with the addition of a single player 3 weeks ago... Lodeiro. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it going during International break when Dempsey and probably Jordan Morris will be suiting up for the USA in their WC qualifiers.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Let's muse shall we.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

MLS season about 5-6 game weeks away from playoffs. Been watching a lot of games this year with MLS live and their streams are far better than last years.

Toronto FC - Have the best player in the league in Sebastian Giovinco. Although he's been injured the past few weeks, Jozie Altidore has been in form and replacing Gio rather well. When these 2 guys are on the field at the same time it spells trouble for the opposing team.

NY City FC - Tied for the most road wins with Toronto FC. While they can score some goals, they defense is a big problem. They need to keep outscoring the opponent with giving up so many goals, but their road prowess may help them.

NY Red Bulls - Strong offensive team also with defensive problems and cannot win on the road.

FC Dallas - Has been the powerhouse team almost all year with an extremely talented midfield. Quite strong defensively as well. This is probably the strongest team right now and a matchup vs Toronto FC would be a game to watch.

LA Galaxy - Damn, we have to hear about Landycakes all over again.

Colorado Rapids - Extremely strong defensive team with Timmy Howard in goal and Hjoberg on the back line. They have problems scoring tho and that may hurt them in the playoffs. They are undefeated at home but struggle on the road.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It's playoff time!

EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. NY Red Bulls (1st round bye)
2. NYCFC (1st round bye)
#3 Toronto FC vs #6 Philadelphia Union
#4 DC United vs #5 Montreal Impact

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. FC Dallas (1st round bye)
2. Colorado Rapids (1st round bye)
#3 LA Galaxy vs #6 Real Salt Lake
#4 Seattle Sounders vs #5 Sporting KC

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I'm happy the USL was given provisional Div II status, but did they really have to make a mess of it by keeping NASL Div II as well? :confused:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
They should have taken this as an opportunity to create a true Div II and also implement relegation / promotions

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'm happy the USL was given provisional Div II status, but did they really have to make a mess of it by keeping NASL Div II as well? :confused:

About 3 weeks ago, NASL was folding. USL was always taking over DIV 2 status. USL was going to be the 2nd division regardless of what NASL decided. I think NASL will die a silent death very soon if not now.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schweinsteiger to the Chicago Fire. Good for the MLS, good for Basti. :tup:
Very good move. He's not good enough anymore for top teams and top leagues in Europe but should have left enough in the tank for the MLS.
And he seems to prefer the experience to play football and live in the US over money, wouldnt be surprised if he also had several Chinese offers. And Chicago is a great city to live although it hosts a football team that I can't remember but I somehow don't like....:cautious::D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of any team, unless San Diego or Las Vegas gets a team. But I watch a lot of MLS for the excitement of the game. There's some really good play right now in the MLS.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to root for anything coming out of Philidelphia

I started liking them when they used the City Islanders as a developmental team. Now their team is near Allentown and the City Islanders are left out in the cold.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of any team, unless San Diego or Las Vegas gets a team. But I watch a lot of MLS for the excitement of the game. There's some really good play right now in the MLS.

Yeah I like to watch it, I just don't have a favorite MLS team

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
What a perfect night for Podolski. Amazing player, he will be missed. Loved watching him celebrate with the fans after the game.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Staff online

Members online