MLS Musings

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. The way my boys in Philadelphia are playing I'm beginning to feel like a Mainz fan. :roflmao:;)
They did not win a single game so far ? Well I know exactly how this feels, HSV only got 2 points out of 10 games in the first half of the season :rolleyes:;)
But Schweini and Chicago Fire won their game :tup:
Btw - read that the MLS is an Option for Ibrahimovic next season.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Evidence of the impact a player with the quality and leadership of Bastian Schweinsteiger provides: Chicago currently sit at 2nd, after finishing in last place last season.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Evidence of the impact a player with the quality and leadership of Bastian Schweinsteiger provides: Chicago currently sit at 2nd, after finishing in last place last season.

He has provided that... but he's not alone.

Chicago also brought in this year:
Joao Meira - 6th highest scoring defender right now.
Jorge Bava - GK
Dax McCarty - 7th highest scoring MF right now.
Nemanja Nikolic - 2nd highest scoring forward right now.
Juninho - Playmaking MF.

Fairly amazing they've been able to put it all together so soon.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
He has provided that... but he's not alone.

Chicago also brought in this year:
Joao Meira - 6th highest scoring defender right now.
Jorge Bava - GK
Dax McCarty - 7th highest scoring MF right now.
Nemanja Nikolic - 2nd highest scoring forward right now.
Juninho - Playmaking MF.

Fairly amazing they've been able to put it all together so soon.

Yeah I meant to add a statement saying the isn't the ONLY reason, but I got busy and forgot

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the Seattle v NY match yesterday? It was raining so hard the players looked like they were playing in a lake!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the Seattle v NY match yesterday? It was raining so hard the players looked like they were playing in a lake!

I think its honestly easier to play in snow than it is rain.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think its honestly easier to play in snow than it is rain.

No kidding. They would try to pass the ball and it would just die in the water. That was a tough match to play, but it was kind of fun to watch. In other news the ref threw a bogus immediate red during the Union game to give Red Bull the advantage. :mad:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
No kidding. They would try to pass the ball and it would just die in the water. That was a tough match to play, but it was kind of fun to watch. In other news the ref threw a bogus immediate red during the Union game to give Red Bull the advantage. :mad:

Man, what is with MLS refs and straight red cards?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Schweinsteiger is such a good sport lol

(Re: MLS All Star game tonight against Real)

"When you play against Real Madrid, for me and everyone in our team, you want to win against the best team in Europe.
"If we can beat them, maybe then we can also look forward to winning the World Cup."

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
If any league wants to know how NOT to do VAR, they can just look at the MLS...

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I think I just heard there are 72,000 in attendance at ATL vs DC United, playing in Atlanta's new stadium. Quite a crowd.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zlatans way to say "Hello MLS", first goal is another stunner by him. :eek:
However, must have been an entertaining game.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its the perfect place place for him. :cool:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Gosh, that's exactly what I wanted to see, Zlatan ripping off his shirt in LA. Couldn't think of anything better. Fine, the first goal was really great, but I credit the goal more to the goalie who was playing 35 meters off his line for the goal to happen. Crap, bring Ronaldo and Pepe to LA too. Perhaps when one of them scores a goal, the whole team will rip their shirt off, the whole stadium will rip their shirt off too, the whole city will rip their shirt off in bars too. What a trend. I'll stick to cold weather cities where its too cold to rip the shirt off so we dont have these stupid moments.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Gosh, that's exactly what I wanted to see, Zlatan ripping off his shirt in LA. Couldn't think of anything better. Fine, the first goal was really great, but I credit the goal more to the goalie who was playing 35 meters off his line for the goal to happen. Crap, bring Ronaldo and Pepe to LA too. Perhaps when one of them scores a goal, the whole team will rip their shirt off, the whole stadium will rip their shirt off too, the whole city will rip their shirt off in bars too. What a trend. I'll stick to cold weather cities where its too cold to rip the shirt off so we dont have these stupid moments.

Yeah, that's ugly. :sick: But, understanding how things work in the U.S. these days, stuff like that will increase viewership and interest in the sport, even though it's for the wrong reasons. So on one hand I despise it, but on the other it will probably benefit the MLS.:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
See below. ;)... or above as it may be.
We all know they live in a kind of alternative reality there, quite clearly a very eccentric fellow as well as a good player although maybe somewhat past it now.....agreed Ronaldo, Bale, and any one of a thousand other prettyboy poser types will find LA to be just for them when old age takes them out to pasture.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.