Minkah Fitzpatrick went to Steelers

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for this to happen

I feel Minkah has the skillset, youth/age, contract, enough experience and pedigree for what we're looking for

But I just worry that this isn't as big of a "need" for the Packers as say WR or OG right now

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for this to happen

I feel Minkah has the skillset, youth/age, contract, enough experience and pedigree for what we're looking for

But I just worry that this isn't as big of a "need" for the Packers as say WR or OG right now
Take whats available, if it improves your team. Its not like if we sign a CB we cant sign someone else.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Depending on the severity of Greene's injury, this conversation about trading for Minkah could gain some steam.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on the severity of Greene's injury, this conversation about trading for Minkah could gain some steam.

With both Greene and Savage in a walking boot, the dolphins just gained some leverage. I'd say just give em their first round pick and be done with it, before some other team gets him

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Savage in a boot?

Darnell Savage, who left the locker room in a boot, got kicked in the shin and is not believed to have a serious injury, a source said. The Packers will put the rookie safety through some additional tests on Monday just to make sure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd gladly offer them a 2nd and 4th in exchange for Minkah and a 5th or so of theirs. Unless they desire something from our young receiving corps to sweeten it and keep the 4th. While we don't have a solid #2 WR we have plethora of walk in #3s with ceilings not reached

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly do not see why a R1 would be out of the realm of fair compensation. He was the #11 overall pick a year ago, and the NFL's highest rated slot DB last year. Go get him!

I might also steal FS Obi Melifonwu off of the Patriots PS. 6-4 with a 4.4.... check that, FORGET THE "MIGHT!"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I honestly do not see why a R1 would be out of the realm of fair compensation. He was the #11 overall pick a year ago, and the NFL's highest rated slot DB last year. Go get him!

While that might be what the Dolphins are asking and possibly what it will take (first round pick) to get Fitzpatrick, I would prefer not having to pay that price, especially if the Dolphins are willing to take a player and a later pick. First round picks are usually used in trades for well established proven players, not quite sure that Fitz falls into that category just yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I might also steal FS Obi Melifonwu off of the Patriots PS. 6-4 with a 4.4.... check that, FORGET THE "MIGHT!"

Because Miami is fleecing out themselves and have stated a 2nd.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to league sources, roughly 20 teams have reached out to Segal and/or the Dolphins about Fitzpatrick,

I'm sure there's going to be some competition for Minkah. And they'd definitely bag a 1st.

Because Miami is fleecing out themselves and have stated a 2nd.

Source? Every article I read mentions a 1st round pick.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage in a boot?

A boot?

Who let the canadjun in here.

I agree that a #1 could be in play for some teams. I'm not sure I would want the Packers to do it simply becasue of what we have in the secondary already (current injuries aside of course) but like you said he was a first round pick last year with rookie stats to back him up. (I almost said stats to boot) It wouldn't kill me if it happened but I do like our young secondary already. Not that it couldn't get better but at the cost of a first rounder? I don't know. A second rounder I'd do for sure.

I don't know anything about Melifonwu (tried to think of an Obi Wan reference but couldn't) but I don't think anyone is stealing anyone from BB

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah that's a good idea I liked him coming out. Think he offers more inside than will Redmond. And obviously we'd all rather not give up a first round pick and maybe his value won't reach that level but if it does I don't think that should be a deal breaker. I guess Josh Rosen went for a 2nd and he's a QB but at the same time Fitzpatrick played a lot better in his lone season

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe for the best... with Greene hurt, that hybrid LB role is where we would have needed him and he clearly wasn't interested in playing there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
BB must like him as his cap hit on the PS = 2nd year vet on the 53.

Yup, an amount equal to $645,000/year. He was a 2nd round pick of the Raiders in 2017 and has played in 2 games for the Patriots. That is one big safety, 6'4" and 224#. he wasn't invited to the combine, but at his Pro day he ran a 4.4 40 and his numbers in the short shuttle and three-cone drill would've ranked second among all positions if he would've posted those times at the NFL Combine.

I might just grab him to **** off BB :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Steelers gave up a 2020 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick, which after the season ending injury to Big Ben, was probably viewed as potentially very valuable to the Dolphins. Solid player, but I wouldn't have been that happy to give up a 1st for him.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a first round pick? I would've easily done that if that was all that was required to get him. I feel like people are over valuing first round picks.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
For a first round pick? I would've easily done that if that was all that was required to get him. I feel like people are over valuing first round picks.

With the Steelers missing their QB, Miami wasn't going to accept anyone else's first.

Members online

Latest posts