Minkah Fitzpatrick went to Steelers

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen it either, but if Gutes pulls this one off, we will have arguably the best secondary in the NFL.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we at least spell his name right as well?
You are asking too much.

I agree 100% King plus our 2nd. Fitzpatrick is a difference maker .
I cant give up on King. Not sure he has much value anyway till he proves he can stay healthy. Keep him. He can be special if he is healthy.

Josh Jackson, he was raw coming out. He needs time to work into it. Cant give up on him yet.

Besides, as mondio said, they are stock piling picks and dont want our projects.

A 2nd round pick? As i wanted to take him with our mid 1st round pick a little over a year ago, hell yeah!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are asking too much.

I cant give up on King. Not sure he has much value anyway till he proves he can stay healthy. Keep him. He can be special if he is healthy.

Josh Jackson, he was raw coming out. He needs time to work into it. Cant give up on him yet.

Besides, as mondio said, they are stock piling picks and dont want our projects.

A 2nd round pick? As i wanted to take him with our mid 1st round pick a little over a year ago, hell yeah!
Glad I'm not the only one that believes in King. But didn't Josh Jackson want out of Green Bay? Why not trade him?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that believes in King. But didn't Josh Jackson want out of Green Bay? Why not trade him?
Josh Jones, different Josh, same defensive backfield, slightly different position. :)

and King is just fine, just needs to stay healthy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh is hurt dude.I can't comprehend Packers fans bashing injured players who are working their way back to health. Why diss one of your own guys who you want to be healthy? I mean, if they are turning out to be pieces of ****, yeah, then I can see throwing some high heat, but, not in these cases.

King played great last week, and Jackson got in the game too after suffering a foot injury in TC. Jackson had more picks than anyone in the NCAA 2017 with 8 INTs, ranked 3rd in INT yds with 168 and 2 TDs. Jackson had 10 PDs for us last season, 46 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 FR. Not bad for a rookie CB learning press man coverage for the first time.

Jackson wasn't good when he was healthy.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering our 2nd rounder will be (hopefully) on the back end of the round Gute may need to offer more than just our 2nd. Fitz is VERY versatile but is looking for more position-permanence than he's getting in Miami... which I don't think he'd be getting in GB being asked to be slot corner/dime ILB.

While Fitz would add talent to the current backfield I'm not sure how much increase he would be over developing guys like R. Green, Jackson, Brown & Holman. Those guys would have less development opportunity.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Since rodell's claim is clearly far from substantive, could someone delete the part about the Packers being the front runners in the original post? Clearly misleading information.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since rodell's claim is clearly far from substantive, could someone delete the part about the Packers being the front runners in the original post? Clearly misleading information.
Well on Twitter I know it's not a better source material, I've read that The Packers were among the team that were interested in him, along with teams such as The Steelers, and the Chargers as some other teams. There are at least 5 teams including The Packers that are interested in him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

And good riddance to him I say!

Thanks for the correction you guys!
at first, between Josh Jones, Aaron Jones, and Josh Jackson I only knew were weren't talking about offensive or defensive linemen. I couldn't keep any of them straight.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
was just listening to 105.7 wssp milwaukee and a weekly guest they have said the Packers were one of 5 teams in on minkah. dude's name was paul imig (sp?).

What other 4 teams are in the running?

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegas Gambling Steam on Twitter lists Steelers, Packers, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Jets. This was 10 hours ago.

Nothing super ground breaking on their page to know how much of a legit source they are. But if you google Minkah Fitzpatrick Packers...they are the first Twitter page that pops up.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegas Gambling Steam on Twitter lists Steelers, Packers, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks, Jets. This was 10 hours ago.

Nothing super ground breaking on their page to know how much of a legit source they are. But if you google Minkah Fitzpatrick Packers...they are the first Twitter page that pops up.
Out of those teams, it certainly looks as though we have a good chance at getting him in comparison to the other teams. I'm sure they wouldn't want to trade him to someone in the division, so that eliminates the jets, I'm also pretty confident they would rather trade him outside the conference, so that eliminates, Steelers, Broncos, and Oakland. And I don't see what Seattle has worth trading since they are sorta in rebuild.

I could've sworn I saw the Chargers on there as well however...

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of those teams, it certainly looks as though we have a good chance at getting him in comparison to the other teams. I'm sure they wouldn't want to trade him to someone in the division, so that eliminates the jets, I'm also pretty confident they would rather trade him outside the conference, so that eliminates, Steelers, Broncos, and Oakland. And I don't see what Seattle has worth trading since they are sorta in rebuild.

I could've sworn I saw the Chargers on there as well however...

Like I said, that was 10 hours ago they tweeted that. I can't really find anything updated since so there is a good possibility some more teams are involved now. Chargers, especially if they find a partner for Melvin, I mean they'd be rolling on the cheap for the most part too.

If they did want to go out of division and conference I do like our chances. The way Seattle played Cincy, they are caught in between right now on offense of having a good QB but no weapons and a RB that is kind of top tier, but mostly not.

Trying to not be too bias, I think the Packers are the best option to go to right now in that sense. Only other team being Steelers that would be a nice fit. All the other are caught in between finding their identity I think.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, that was 10 hours ago they tweeted that. I can't really find anything updated since so there is a good possibility some more teams are involved now. Chargers, especially if they find a partner for Melvin, I mean they'd be rolling on the cheap for the most part too.

If they did want to go out of division and conference I do like our chances. The way Seattle played Cincy, they are caught in between right now on offense of having a good QB but no weapons and a RB that is kind of top tier, but mostly not.

Trying to not be too bias, I think the Packers are the best option to go to right now in that sense. Only other team being Steelers that would be a nice fit. All the other are caught in between finding their identity I think.
But who does the Steelers really have to trade now that their two main pieces left? XD
They're kind of in a bind themselves, trying to pick up the pieces.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be smart to make the move. The bidding is going to get high with a higher # of teams involved, but adding a CB with that level of talent for years to come, I'd offer a R1 and an R4... Whatever. A move like that could help bring us to the promised land this season. Imagine Aaron Rodgers with a #1-3 defense?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking it would be smart to make the move. The bidding is going to get high with a higher # of teams involved, but adding a CB with that level of talent for years to come, I'd offer a R1 and an R4... Whatever. A move like that could help bring us to the promised land this season. Imagine Aaron Rodgers with a #1-3 defense?
Give him a 1-3 defense, we're bringing home that Lombardi!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach Kruse as a good article up about the cons of adding Minkah. Sure, who wouldn't want to have him. But it could be a tough fit, especially with his comments that he doesn't want to be bounced around from position to position.