Minkah Fitzpatrick went to Steelers

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as always, depends on cost, but young, good player, those are guys you want to spend stuff on if you have to spend.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trade king for him.

edit: seeing they want a 2nd but might take a 3rd. gee...a 2nd or king. i still say king. you just know he's going to get hurt again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trade king for him.

I agree 100% King plus our 2nd. Fitzpatrick is a difference maker who can play anywhere in the secondary..including corner. He has a nose for the ball and he been pretty DURABLE..which is the kicker. Can you imagine a secondary with Alexander, Fitz, Savage, And Amos? Your basically going to have to have this type of secondary if you’re going to beat the Patriots. Or Khalil Mack, Von Miller and Demarcus Lawrence as pass rushers.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're probably looking for draft picks for the future, not players.

Hey who cares. Give it to them. Like I said earlier, you’re almost going to need three pro bowlers I’m the secondary to beat New England in a SB.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% King plus our 2nd. Fitzpatrick is a difference maker who can play anywhere in the secondary..including corner. He has a nose for the ball and he been pretty DURABLE..which is the kicker. Can you imagine a secondary with Alexander, Fitz, Savage, And Amos? Your basically going to have to have this type of secondary if you’re going to beat the Patriots. Or Khalil Mack, Von Miller and Demarcus Lawrence as pass rushers.
king AND a 2nd? wow...that's too much i think. how about king and a 4th?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey who cares. Give it to them. Like I said earlier, you’re almost going to need three pro bowlers I’m the secondary to beat New England in a SB.
You can't use something to trade for something of value to you, if the other person doesn't have the value in what you're offering. I don't see why Miami would trade him for King. If they were looking for a young cheap talented corner, they have one.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers really the front runners here? Where's that at?

I think I'd be willing to make it happen depending on the costs and everything associated with him of course.

I'll wait until HRE comes in and breaks down the money aspect of making this happen. They always bring the reality of "yea well this would be nice to have but it is nearly impossible!" So before I get any excited at this possibility, I'll sit on my hands patiently.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Kevin King? A proven, good, CB? No thanks.

Now, trade a 2nd and Josh Jackson? Hell yes. Honestly, I'd probably trade a 1st.

Minkah is a PERFECT fit for what Pettine does. Can play in the box. Can play single high. Can play slot CB. He's young, and cheap.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Kevin King? A proven, good, CB? No thanks.

Now, trade a 2nd and Josh Jackson? Hell yes. Honestly, I'd probably trade a 1st.

Minkah is a PERFECT fit for what Pettine does. Can play in the box. Can play single high. Can play slot CB. He's young, and cheap.

Problem being....Not sure they'd be interested in trading for a guy that went in the 2nd round of the same draft that Fitzpatrick came out of...that isn't nearly as good. Seems like it'd be counter-intuitive, but I've been wrong many times in my life. Maybe you are on to something.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think I'd be willing to make it happen depending on the costs and everything associated with him of course.

I'll wait until HRE comes in and breaks down the money aspect of making this happen. They always bring the reality of "yea well this would be nice to have but it is nearly impossible!" So before I get any excited at this possibility, I'll sit on my hands patiently.
He's on a rookie deal, so cost is minimal and shouldn't really factor for the near future in any negative way at all. Cost wise on the cap, it's great to have that talent at that pay grade

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some feedback from Dolfans.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...0190913-ebvqbwy5rvbe3gag7hog5v4try-story.html

However, having Fitzpatrick cover tight ends is a recipe for disaster because he doesn’t have the strength to match up with them one on one at the line of scrimmage. The Ravens completed 14 passes to tight ends last week. And making matters worse, without a strong pass rush — which the Dolphins don’t — he’ll have to cover forever.

That means not have him playing linebacker for most of the game, like he did against the Ravens, a game where he allowed all six passes thrown his way to be completed, and gave up at least two touchdowns.

The starting point would be to have Fitzpatrick return to the slot role, where he’ll hopefully show the Dolphins — and possibly all of his NFL suitors — what he brings to the team.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem being....Not sure they'd be interested in trading for a guy that went in the 2nd round of the same draft that Fitzpatrick came out of...that isn't nearly as good. Seems like it'd be counter-intuitive, but I've been wrong many times in my life. Maybe you are on to something.

It's an asset plus a draft pick. It's worth something. 2nd round draft picks typically aren't anything to sneeze at.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the same dude that gave him the "slam dunk" news on Josh McDaniels. ;)

I’m gonna be nice, only because it’s Friday.

Saw something on FB someone posted. We may not necessarily be front runners...but I did see he was requesting a trade, and the Packers are interested. Best I can do for you

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an asset plus a draft pick. It's worth something. 2nd round draft picks typically aren't anything to sneeze at.

Especially if you draft guys like Josh Jones, Jason Spriggs, Quentin Rollins, And Josh Jackson who can’t seem to even beat out tramon Williams.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are the front runners for him!!! This would be huge!!
All day Baby!!!! Adding Minkah Fitzpatrick to Jaire and King would be an insanely formidable secondary, especially with Amos & Savage. Whoah! 4 of the 5 players listed there can play virtually any position in the secondary, Fitzpatrick being one of them. PLEASE DO THIS GUTEKUNST!!!!

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially if you draft guys like Josh Jones, Jason Spriggs, Quentin Rollins, And Josh Jackson who can’t seem to even beat out tramon Williams.
Josh is hurt dude.I can't comprehend Packers fans bashing injured players who are working their way back to health. Why diss one of your own guys who you want to be healthy? I mean, if they are turning out to be pieces of ****, yeah, then I can see throwing some high heat, but, not in these cases.

King played great last week, and Jackson got in the game too after suffering a foot injury in TC. Jackson had more picks than anyone in the NCAA 2017 with 8 INTs, ranked 3rd in INT yds with 168 and 2 TDs. Jackson had 10 PDs for us last season, 46 tackles, 1 TFL and 1 FR. Not bad for a rookie CB learning press man coverage for the first time.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why trade King and a 2nd when reports are just a 2nd gets it done?

Bigger question is why the hell are the Dolphins looking to trade him? Yes the Dolphins are rebuilding but a 2nd year player like him on a rookie contract just seems stupid to trade

Members online

Latest posts