MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...!

kyle...I'm not blaming TT specifically for this loss...but the Pack can't run the ball right now...and that's not ALL MS' fault...they had a very productive run game when he was GM.

My overall point is this mess is not JUST MS' fault.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Musscy,

the point is that you try to win the game...

you don't play for a tie...(how stupid is that)

What if there's a bad snap on the FG try?

Then the game is over......

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TOPackerFan said:
The play didn't work because Wells snapped the ball early not because it was the wrong call. Brett wasn't ready for the snap and neither were any of the other linemen. Scott Wells had a horrible game today and was one of the largest reasons for this loss and that poor snap simply compounded the problem of his poor play.

Yeah, it did look like Favre wasn't expecting the ball when it came out. It looked like that a couple times, actually, on the final drive.

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ok, but I don't blame the lack of run production completely on the loss of Rivera and Wahle. Green has looked slow and old all season. You are right, our lack of success is not only MS's fault, I blame Rossley and Carroll as well.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A draw play into the teeth of a blitz with an O-Line that had no punch all day was a pathetic call with the game on the line. I was guessing we would see blitz and we did. A pass to the flats or short slant would have been a 1st down and maybe more.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

i think they were trying to snap it to Fisher...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pack,

true, but even though the run game sucks, the odds of getting a first down on a 3-3 are very comparable if you run a draw or pass (considering how depleted the wrs were at this point in the game). It's a horse-a-piece call IMO.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sherman has been a pain in the *** for years.. His playoff record speaks for itself and it looks like this year there won't be a playoff game to worry about. The two year extension given to him is a fine severance and i say good riddance to this poor example of a head coach. Listened to his after the game interview....now i think he is more of a jerk than ever.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yourout...

When you pass-pass-pass, a draw isn't that bad of a call because then the rushers should be anticipating pass, and rushing deep in the backfield (rather than still in front of the rb).

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bull......you do not run a draw play at that time.....end of story.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yourout...according to the radio, it was a 3-2...you've passed all drive, the d-line should be deep, if not beyond the rb, and even though the run game sucks, gaining 2 yards isn't that much to ask when you've got the d-line staggered. Just because the play didn't work doesn't mean it's a stupid play call.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I blame the whole coaching staff. Who the hell sit's on a 17 point lead? I mean i would have atleast tried to have made it 24 to nothing. But i also blame Longwell. He shanked 2 field goals. It could have been 20 to nothing heading into the start of the 3rd. I also blame TT. He should have signed somebody during the f***ing by week but no. Now we have 1 reciever whos a legitamate starter, and 2 recievers who aren't nearly capable of starting. And now we also have are best 2 runningbacks more then likey out for the year. And so many other injuries, you know I guess after thinking about it, it's TT's fault for not giving the team players that are good enough to make the team better and also not trying to keep Wahle or Rivera.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did not say it was a stupid call because it did not work....it was a stupid call even if it did work. When push comes to shove and the game is on the line......do what you do best. NOT WHAT YOU ARE DOING POORLY! When I coach kids in baseball I tell them if your best pitch is a fastball and you are at a critcal pitch in the game throw the fastball. If you get beat you get beat on your best pitch not your 2nd best.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yourout... using that logic, they should have forcefed a double-teamed DD the entire 2nd half.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Face it Musscy...

It's a moronic call by a moronic coach who couldn't even beat the moron on the other side-line....

The Packers running game has been shaky all year..so why risk it?

Sherman has no balls...and it shows in times like these...

He reminds me of Herman Edwards of the Jets who also loses many games by thinking he can "manage" them "conservatively"--what a joke...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If someone counted all of Tony Fisher's big plays over the last few years, and broke them down into categories, I bet the majority of them would have come from the shovel pass. Two yards needed, don't want to throw the ball, and Fisher's your back at the time? That's what I would have wanted to see.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Musccy.....that is not what I said. Throw the ball to the open man or the hot read on the blitz. Even with the loss of Fergeson and Driver getting doubled the passing game was still solid. Chapman, Lee, Franks, all are capable recievers. If the passing game was working and was what got you the lead then win or lose with it. Do not loose a game trying something late that had not worked all day.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe sherman has no balls, but again, what would you be saying if they threw an incomplete pass on that 3rd down and Vikes get almost a minute to take the lead instead of ~ 30 sec.?

And again, as much as I think the run game sucks, I still don't think it's that much to expect a team to get 2 yards on a draw vs. a d expecting the pass.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Draw plays are designed to work against teams rushing 3 or 4 guys and LBs dropping into coverage. Draw plays into blitzing LB die an early death. An incomplete pass at that point I could have lived with because at least we would have gotten beat doing what we did best.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mass even said a culpepper draw v. the run was effective because you've got the rushers at your level, if not behind you (as opposed to in front of you) and then you have 5-6 playing the pass. In theory, that should create a big gap in the middle of the field.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If the LBs drop into coverage. Blitzing LBs are in the gaps were the draw would go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts