1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by slowsinistermo, Dec 13, 2007.

1. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7555364?MSNHPHMA

Just an article of someone who believes Michael Vick deserves another chance to play in the NFL...Personally, I usually wouldn't care either way but with the sick incedent at hand, I want his *** out of the league forever. What does everyone else think?

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly don't care either way, but if he's really been rehabilitated and has done his time, I can't say he should be out for life. Kobe Bryant settled out of court over a rape charge, and he's still playing. The judge already gave him his sentence, and it was longer than what was recommended. He's paying the price for his actions.

3. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They were discussing this during MNF - whether he could come back as an NFL QB after over 3 seasons out of the game. A couple of points were made:

1)Sure he can work out and stay in shape but does that mean he'll be in NFL shape?
    2)He won't have Sunday Ticket and who knows if he'll even be able to watch any games - the game will change a lot by then
    3)My Favorite from Tony K. - who is he going to throw passes to in prison?

I don't think he'll be back in the NFL. At best he could be a backup but I kind of doubt any team is going to take a chance on him. Does he deserve the chance after "paying his debt" - probably. Although I don't think 23 months qualifies for that.

4. abztractmynd

abztractmynd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no one cares. hes a man who pushed it to the limit. we all have done something crazy in our lifetimes. he just did something very dumb in my opinion. but i feel he should be back in the game because its just fun watching him play, but seeing him with a different team could open up his game if he can coexist.

bottom line...who cares.

5. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post man. I don't care that Vick killed a few over-populated dogs but I also respect the right for people to be disgusted personally with it. To me it's pretty minor considering people do things 10 times worse and get off with a slap on the wrist.

Whatever the case he has a right to come back to the NFL if the people and Mr. Blank will accept him. If not I guess he learned the hard way. To me it just does not matter.

6. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

are you human

7. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No kidding! :penflag:

8. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's your right to be offended by dogs being killed, to me it's dumb but nothing that deserves 23 months.

Do you flip out when you hit a skunk on the road? Do you kill Spiders crawling around your house?

There are alot of other things worse than killing dogs that people don't spend a minute behind bars for. I don't agree with dog fighting but to me it's like deer hunting or are Deer less Human than Dogs?

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Running over a skunk...

drowning a dog because it wasn't a great fighter(which itself is torture)...

hmmm.....

I'll stay out of this one. But that's how that judge is, KGB. Another judge mighta said 'community service for you.' but he got a hardass.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,947
    Arena League get ready for Vick

11. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please this guy wasn't "just killing" dogs ( which would be bad enough ) but getting pleasure out of watching two dogs ripping each other to shreds for sheer amusement ( we are talking one very sick human being who does not believe what he did amounts to torture ).

Anyone who would like to downplay his actions has obviously never witnessed a dog fight to the death or could use a little more heart. Vick did some real disturbing ****, good riddance you &*^% of *&^% !!!

12. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Deer hunting, Fishing? Whats the difference?

13. WinnipegPackFan

Ratings:
    +0
    A swift kill for food verses getting your rocks off on watching two terrified animals rip at each other for long periods of time for an amusing bet then hanging or drowning the losing animal ? I don't see a difference, do you ?

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I get it. Satire.

He's kidding everybody.

Well played, KGB. You fooled even me.

15. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved watching Mike Vick, I don't like how harsh they were. I really hope that he can come back and give us a few more highlights before he goes out.

16. WinnipegPackFan

Ratings:
    +0
    The only highlights your going to get are Vick doing commercials for soap....because after his new life experience in the joint; he will have a lot of wisdom on the topic of soap.......oh yeah ( Bark like a dog Mike, that's it ) !!!

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,947
    most people arent aware, but in the early 1900's dog fighting was legal and I think even the kennel clubs had rules about it

18. WinnipegPackFan

Ratings:
    +0
    longtimefan,

You are right, it's true. Seems some of us have evolved a little over the last 100 years and some have not.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Easy, Winni.

This is a touchy subject. Most of us LOVE animals a lot(sometimes more than our own family, especially Uncle Chester).

20. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A swift kill for food? Most people who fish and hunt don't do it out of need, but for enjoyment.

So it's ok to kill animals if you are going to eat them and if you kill them quickly? Just seems silly to pick and choose which animals it's ok to kill.

I don't agree with dogfighting but serving 23 months for it is dumb. It's simply because dogs are pictured as "pets" so some people can't imagine thier little BUFFY getting thier heads ripped off.

21. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Vick kills dogs = 23 months
    Leonard Little killed a human = 0 months

I just do not get this...

22. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    are you a vegetarian?

For all us normal people who eat meat, it is ok to kill animals if it happens swiftly and for food purposes. Hunting also helps keeping populations in check.

23. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't ever want to see him back in the NFL. I didn't like him before he got caught killing dogs.

24. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Not only do I think he should play again... but Id be ecstatic to see him backing up Aaron Rodgers on the Packers. Hes a weapon, like him or not.

I love dogs more than people maybe, I've got two of em.... but to me pit bulls are bred specifically to fight and kill. I hate em pretty much, the less pit bulls the better. and longtimes right... dog fighting along with **** fighting were legal almost everywhere.

Just like you can walk down the street in London, walk into a book and place a bet on a sports team. In America you would go to jail if you got caught doing it. Just different perceptions of morality. Should someone go to jail for 2 years because of a different perspective?

25. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But one isn't harming anyone except the loser of money where the other is harming a living animal.