McCarthy's Playcalling

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol....You are honestly impossible. People are attempting to humor you but you won't have it. You simply get deeper and deeper into completely illogical ramblings. You are as bad as the brent apologists that believed everything green and gold was created by and for brent favefer.

There's not a bigger Aaron Rodgers fan on the planet than me. I love this guy. I thank the Lord above every day that we have him as our QB in Green Bay. That's doesn't mean however that I disregard the positive impact others have had on him, and the role anyone else might play to help the team win.

Let it go for God's sake. He's a great HOF QB and the Pack is a good team with a good coach. Enjoy the ride ...or... you could become a Bear's fan. THEY have a "brilliant" offensive minded head coach...so I'm told.

Once again black and white with you. Apparently either you are a homer or a hater. Grow up. The world exists outside your narrow world view.

And Farve is a great example of a guy who was developed. He got traded for Christ sake. On the other hand, you have a guy who apparently everyone realized right away was great in rodgers. Enough so that they gave the middle finger to Favre himself.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again black and white with you. Apparently either you are a homer or a hater. Grow up. The world exists outside your narrow world view.

And Farve is a great example of a guy who was developed. He got traded for Christ sake. On the other hand, you have a guy who apparently everyone realized right away was great in rodgers. Enough so that they gave the middle finger to Favre himself.

GOT IT! I have a "narrow world view" given that I believe many factors played into Aaron Rodgers being the best QB in the game. YOU on the other hand have a ginormous world view in that YOU believe Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers thanks to Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers with help from Aaron Rodgers. GOT IT OSKI! I'll work on expanding MY...ahem..."world view". :roflmao::D:D:roflmao::roflmao:

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GOT IT! I have a "narrow world view" given that I believe many factors played into Aaron Rodgers being the best QB in the game. YOU on the other hand have a ginormous world view in that YOU believe Aaron Rodgers is Aaron Rodgers thanks to Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers with help from Aaron Rodgers. GOT IT OSKI! I'll work on expanding MY...ahem..."world view". :roflmao::D:D:roflmao::roflmao:

I believe he'd be the same qb if drafted by a different team. I don't believe Mccarthy has some secret sauce that made Rodgers great. I'd point out the fact McCarthy hasn't developed another even above average qb as clear evidence of that. You think differently. Fine. Agree to disagree.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe he'd be the same qb if drafted by a different team. I don't believe Mccarthy has some secret sauce that made Rodgers great. I'd point out the fact McCarthy hasn't developed another even above average qb as clear evidence of that. You think differently. Fine. Agree to disagree.

I consider Matt Flynn as an above average backup QB and Tolzien showed some promise last season as well.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I consider Matt Flynn as an above average backup QB and Tolzien showed some promise last season as well.

He certainly didn't look like an above average backup qb last year and has been cut by many different teams. Tolzien looked decent in the preseason, last year he was terrible.

D

Deleted member 6794

He certainly didn't look like an above average backup qb last year and has been cut by many different teams. Tolzien looked decent in the preseason, last year he was terrible.

Flynn´s passer rating of 86.1 last season would have ranked 19th in a list of qualified QBs, better than Stafford, Flacco and Eli Manning. Tolzien had some really terrible interceptions last year but there´s no denying he showed some promise IMO.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn´s passer rating of 86.1 last season would have ranked 19th in a list of qualified QBs, better than Stafford, Flacco and Eli Manning. Tolzien had some really terrible interceptions last year but there´s no denying he showed some promise IMO.

His qbr was 3.1 which would have ranked him dead last in the NFL.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
On the other hand, you have a guy who apparently everyone realized right away was great in rodgers. Enough so that they gave the middle finger to Favre himself.
That's not true - see the article I linked to in the "Why do the Packers struggle..." thread.

D

Deleted member 6794

His qbr was 3.1 which would have ranked him dead last in the NFL.

I think a 61.4% completion percentage and 7 TDs compared to 4 INTs are pretty decent numbers for a backup QB who was signed during the regular season. In addition he had two comeback wins and another tie coming back from 16 points down.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a 61.4% completion percentage and 7 TDs compared to 4 INTs are pretty decent numbers for a backup QB who was signed during the regular season. In addition he had two comeback wins and another tie coming back from 16 points down.

I too think they are decent. Though 4 of those qbs came in the dallas game. I just don't think that indicates that McCarthy is a qb guru.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:confused: So now you are going to go on and on to attempt to prove Flynn sucks in an effort to prove Aaron Rodgers is the Aaron Rodgers that was once and will always be Aaron Rodgers thanks to Aaron Rodgers and only Aaron Rodgers.

GOT IT!

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:confused: So now you are going to go on and on to attempt to prove Flynn sucks in an effort to prove Aaron Rodgers is the Aaron Rodgers that was once and will always be Aaron Rodgers thanks to Aaron Rodgers and only Aaron Rodgers.

GOT IT!

No. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm suggesting he's mediocre which frankly I'm shocked anyone here disagrees with me about. I'm suggesting if McCarthy was some sort of qb guru that he would have developed some other qbs other than Rodgers. Like the patriots with matt cassel and ryan mallett, andy reid with Stephen Garcia and kevil kolb, and jim harbaugh with colin kapernick and alex smith.

D

Deleted member 6794

No. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm suggesting he's mediocre which frankly I'm shocked anyone here disagrees with me about. I'm suggesting if McCarthy was some sort of qb guru that he would have developed some other qbs other than Rodgers. Like the patriots with matt cassel and ryan mallett, andy reid with Stephen Garcia and kevil kolb, and jim harbaugh with colin kapernick and alex smith.

Mallett has nine career attempts (although I don´t know how great he looks in practice ;)), Stephen Garcia (who BTW has never been on the Eagles or Chiefs roster) has never thrown a pass in the league Kolb threw more INTs than TDs in Philadelphia. I think Flynn should be rated higher than all of the QBs you listed.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mallett has nine career attempts (although I don´t know how great he looks in practice ;)), Stephen Garcia (who BTW has never been on the Eagles or Chiefs roster) has never thrown a pass in the league Kolb threw more INTs than TDs in Philadelphia. I think Flynn should be rated higher than all of the QBs you listed.

Sorry. Jeff Garcia is what I meant. As for mallet, do you think we could get a draft pick for Flynn? Flynn would be rated higher than matt cassell, alex smith, or colin kaepernick?

D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry. Jeff Garcia is what I meant. As for mallet, do you think we could get a draft pick for Flynn? Flynn would be rated higher than matt cassell, alex smith, or colin kaepernick?

Flynn got more than $20 million from the Seahawks so I guess at that time we could have gotten a pick for him if he would have been under contract after the 2011 season.

I would rate him on par with Cassel, obviously behind Kaepernick and Smith.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn got more than $20 million from the Seahawks so I guess at that time we could have gotten a pick for him if he would have been under contract after the 2011 season.

I would rate him on par with Cassel, obviously behind Kaepernick and Smith.

Agreed. But he was cut by the seahawks (beaten out by a rookie. a great rookie, but still a rookie) and two other teams with terrible qbs. I don't think he's anywhere close to cassel. and to be clear, I don't think cassel is great. simply serviceable. but he's still earned the starting job long term with two different teams. something Flynn couldn't manage.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oski...sorry...if you are going to endlessly say the stupidest things you're gonna get the responses you deserve.

you are monumentally nonsensical.

so now "player a" is better than "player b" for the lone reason that "player a" was able to "earn a starting job" on a couple teams? by that assessment the nfl should be full of all-pros that went from a good team to a bad team and got to start.

here is a new flash. ANY QB COMING TO GREEN BAY IS GOING TO BACK UP AARON RODGERS. kind of hard to "earn a starting job" when the guy in front of you is the best in the NFL. JUST SAYIN OF COURSE!

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oski...sorry...if you are going to endlessly say the stupidest things you're gonna get the responses you deserve.

you are monumentally nonsensical.

so now "player a" is better than "player b" for the lone reason that "player a" was able to "earn a starting job" on a couple teams? by that assessment the nfl should be full of all-pros that went from a good team to a bad team and got to start.

here is a new flash. ANY QB COMING TO GREEN BAY IS GOING TO BACK UP AARON RODGERS. kind of hard to "earn a starting job" when the guy in front of you is the best in the NFL. JUST SAYIN OF COURSE!

he was cut by the cardinals and raiders. Not exactly aaron Rodgers in front of him. Not sure why you find this so complicated to understand. There is a reason why he was available to be picked up by the packers in the first place and it's not because he's generally regarded as a capable qb. Your argument might make some sense if he had spent his entire career at the packers, but that isn't the case. And you call my arguments dumb?

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes...yes I do.

I'd say it's a pretty dumb argument to say we can't say he isn't good because he couldn't beat out aaron Rodgers despite the fact he couldn't beat out the likes of Terrell pryor. You know a guy who isn't even in the league anymore?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say it's a pretty dumb argument to say we can't say he isn't good because he couldn't beat out aaron Rodgers despite the fact he couldn't beat out the likes of Terrell pryor. You know a guy who isn't even in the league anymore?

Of course he's not in the league any more. Poor bastard didn't have a great QB teacher like Mike McCarthy.

D

Deleted member 6794

he was cut by the cardinals and raiders. Not exactly aaron Rodgers in front of him.

FWIW it was the Raiders and the Bills. While I get your point about Flynn Cassel is a marginal starter at best.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks threw 107 TD's versus 67 INT's with the Saints under McCarthy between 2000 and 2004. Once McCarthy left, Brooks, despite being young and supposedly in the prime of his career, collapsed. He only had 16 TD's versus 25 INT's once his partnership with MM ended.

I'm not saying Brooks was a stud, but he had some solid seasons. Certainly an above average QB for a number of them. And his career went downhill immediately after MM left. Similar to Flynn. Flynn has been mediocre everywhere else, but has been a solid backup in GB. I believe MM had a good bit to do with Rodgers' development.

Oski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Brooks threw 107 TD's versus 67 INT's with the Saints under McCarthy between 2000 and 2004. Once McCarthy left, Brooks, despite being young and supposedly in the prime of his career, collapsed. He only had 16 TD's versus 25 INT's once his partnership with MM ended.

I'm not saying Brooks was a stud, but he had some solid seasons. Certainly an above average QB for a number of them. And his career went downhill immediately after MM left. Similar to Flynn. Flynn has been mediocre everywhere else, but has been a solid backup in GB. I believe MM had a good bit to do with Rodgers' development.

That's a good point. that argues his scheme is good rather than him developing qbs. otherwise brooks and Flynn would be successful elsewhere. but obviously you could make the point that his scheme is making Rodgers look better than he would elsewhere. shrug

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts