Matt Birk in GB last weekend?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that i would complain about bringing him in. But i thought Center was a pretty solid spot for the Packers.

i mean enough so that we wouldnt wanna drop the big money Birk would want.

but bring him in ...we got the money and depth and competition baby.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's under contract with the Vikings so the Vikings would have to trade him to the Packers. Not happening.

He can't be in here for contract discussions for say next year because that would be tampering.

My guess he probably was just visiting some friends.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing, I don't remember where but I was on a football rumor website and found a listing for Matt Birk's home in Minnesota, apparently he's selling it.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wants a new contract as bad as Chad Johnson, just quieter. In the cities they can't believe they haven't signed him. I don't think a trade to here is going to happen. My point really is that he is quite versatile at the guard position as well, which is why I found this intriguing.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather draft someone like SUllivan from Notre Dame, Justice from Wake Forest or Legursky from Marshall

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our center was pretty good. Who knows what, if any truth there is to any of this, or WHY he might have been in GB.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our center was pretty good. Who knows what, if any truth there is to any of this, or WHY he might have been in GB.

Maybe he just wanted to visit the Packer Hall of Fame.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why he was in Green Bay, but I like Matt Birk. He had the balls to confront/call out Randy Moss when he left the field with time left on the clock a few years back, saying something to the effect of, "It better not happen again." I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

...or maybe he heard the Prime Rib was excellent at Brett Favre's Steakhouse!

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOOOOO he wouldn't play for the Packers! He grew up in MN! He wouldn't even think of putting on green and gold. That would make me sick!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that i would complain about bringing him in. But i thought Center was a pretty solid spot for the Packers.

i mean enough so that we wouldnt wanna drop the big money Birk would want.

but bring him in ...we got the money and depth and competition baby.

Scott Wells is doing fine.
Spitz is a decent backup.

I doubt we pick up a Center.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF he was really in GB recently, he couldn't talk to the Packers at all. Since it's happened so often before though, he may just be yanking the Vike's chain a bit. He will NEVER play for the Packers.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
cheesey said:

...or maybe he heard the Prime Rib was excellent at Brett Favre's Steakhouse!

LOL. Well, since Matt Birk owns an amazing supper club in St Paul called Matty B's (as well as a great bar by the same name in Minneapolis), I think he can find better things to do in Green Bay.

Then again, there really isn't much to do in Green Bar when it's not football season, is there? ;)

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's under contract with the Vikings so the Vikings would have to trade him to the Packers. Not happening.

He can't be in here for contract discussions for say next year because that would be tampering.

My guess he probably was just visiting some friends.

Vikings players have friends?!?!?!? what is this you are saying, its blasphemy!