martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe he's active tonight. What a ****ing POS, going after Pat saying he was forced to play just to play the very next week after his release.
Biggest scumbag ever worn a packer uniform!

Never wished injury to a player, but I definitely wouldn't feel a bit sorry, if somebody cracks his shoulder tonight.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers have too much professionalism to get involved in that stuff. They'll get some signing bonus back and that will be the end of it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be shocked if he isn't struck by lightening someday.....actually he would be the one shocked.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m very surprised that there isn’t a lot more outrage leaguewide...this guy straight up quit on GB and makes outrageous claims against the training staff and out and out REFUSED to play while under contract..ask any player in the league and to a man(of course NE and his brother are out) they would denounce a player quitting like MB did..this wouldn’t and shouldn’t sit well in any locker room in the league..no team would pass this guy physically if he had a torn rotator cuff and labrum and then immediately put him on the field and play..the NFL themselves should be looking into this because if allowed to go unpunished Bennett won’t be the last guy to ditch his team and try to get on a contender

H

HardRightEdge

Bennett: 3 catches on 3 targets for 38 yards

OK, yeah, he is a bullsh*tter.

H

HardRightEdge

more like total POS.
If you prefer.

I don't mind him making for the door. He was not contributing anyway when he was actually trying. This will save some cap, maybe a big chunk of cap if the Packers can claw back some of that signing bonus. You should thank him for getting gone.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you prefer.

I don't mind him making for the door. He was not contributing anyway when he was actually trying. This will save some cap, maybe a big chunk of cap if the Packers can claw back some of that signing bonus. You should thank him for getting gone.
Oh I totally agree... doesn't make him any less of a POS though lol.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Doc sues the **** out of him for defamation.

He absolutely should. Dr McKenzie isn't only the Packers team doctor. He has his private practice as well and what the elder Douchbag brother did is libel and it is potentially damaging to his professional reputation. He should sue Bennett on principal and maybe use the money from the suit to set up a fund to help families of injured kids who can't afford the medical bills incurred for his services.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I think there is more to this story than meets the eye. I also think the NFL should fully investigate both Bennetts and the Packers story to clear it up.

Something doesn't smell right here.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Here's my problem with Bennetts story. First he claims he wanted surgery. Then he claims the Packer knew he had a shoulder problem. Then he claims he told his agent to tell teams not to claim him. And then, after talking to Belicheat after the Pats claim him all of a sudden his surgery can wait. What? Now to the Packers. If he did tell the Packers that he was hurt and they did nothing............then that's on them. Not sure how it works but if what he said is true that he told them, wrote it down and they did not address it..............This is what I am interested in. "He said he circled his shoulder “pretty much” every week when given a body evaluation sheet by the team and that the pain got worse when he stopped taking anti-inflammatories during the bye in Week Eight." That paperwork.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how it works but if what he said is true that he told them, wrote it down and they did not address it..............This is what I am interested in. "He said he circled his shoulder “pretty much” every week when given a body evaluation sheet by the team and that the pain got worse when he stopped taking anti-inflammatories during the bye in Week Eight." That paperwork.

Not really relevant now, is that? If he can play voluntarily with that for the Pats, he has no claim against Packer staff for playing him.

It's a load of BS and nobody is buying it. Worst kind of player who bails out on his team. I can understand if he criticized something, but just to bail out....literally scumbag attitude.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His paperwork does t matter, if the Packers doctor determined he was healthy enough to play, they were right. He played last night.

He was looking for a doctors excuse because he didn't want to climb the rope in gym class. He's a quitter, that's it. If they find something with the Pats and him so be it. I hope the whole thing comes crashing down.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Not really relevant now, is that? If he can play voluntarily with that for the Pats, he has no claim against Packer staff for playing him.

It's a load of BS and nobody is buying it. Worst kind of player who bails out on his team. I can understand if he criticized something, but just to bail out....literally scumbag attitude.
It only doesn't matter if your a Packer fan and blinded by fandom. If he had been putting this down since week 3, and every week since, why hasn't he shown up on the injury report? Sorry, it does matter. If someone complains about shoulder pain for 6 weeks in a row and nothing is looked at then someone needs to say why. If Rodgers complained about Shoulder pain for 6 weeks in a row do you think he would have been treated the same? Not saying that is what happened, but the paperwork will show it or it won't. The paperwork will matter, especially if the Packers go after the bonus money.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It only doesn't matter if your a Packer fan and blinded by fandom. If he had been putting this down since week 3, and every week since, why hasn't he shown up on the injury report? Sorry, it does matter. If someone complains about shoulder pain for 6 weeks in a row and nothing is looked at then someone needs to say why. If Rodgers complained about Shoulder pain for 6 weeks in a row do you think he would have been treated the same? Not saying that is what happened, but the paperwork will show it or it won't. The paperwork will matter, especially if the Packers go after the bonus money.

How will a paperwork make a difference when he's fine to play with another team? It just proves that he's been listing stuff that's not really worth listing....as somehow the "injury" seems to have vanished when he played with Pats.

There's been ample confirmation from rest of players in our team in support of Dr. Patrick McKenzie and I tend to believe them as against Bennett.

Edit:

Bennett said he got opinions from six or seven doctors while trying to decide if he should have season-ending shoulder surgery. Last week, he said three of those doctors advised him to get the procedure, which he ultimately informed the Packers that he intended to do. When he relayed that wish to the Packers, they released him with the designation that Bennett failed to disclose his medical history.

3 of 7 doctors advising him means it's not a clear cut case at all. And why would we keep him for a season ending surgery, when he tweets he plans to retire at end of season?

He just did not want to play and the shoulder injury is just a convenient excuse. We called him out, He bailed and not proved he was lying by playing for another team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol

You have no idea what was looked at or not. He said he couldn't play and needed surgery, yet there he was last night playing for someone else. Someone is blinded by fandom alright lol

benbos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory alert: Does anyone think the Patriots facilitated this? They have clearly been lacking production in the passing game with many injury concerns. I know many people thought they facilitated Blounts questionable departure from Pittsburg walking off the field and signing with the Patriots the next day. Personally, I think Martellus orchestrated this, but if the league looks into it and finds foul play, is that a tampering charge against the Patriots?

The Patriots lead the league in passing yards going into the bye week. There were not lacking production in the passing game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Lol

You have no idea what was looked at or not. He said he couldn't play and needed surgery, yet there he was last night playing for someone else. Someone is blinded by fandom alright lol
Point of fact. The Packers are claiming he didn't disclose the injury when they signed him. So, when was he injured? Last year with the Pats? During the Super Bowl? After the Super Bowl? He showed up on the Super Bowl injury report with knee and ankle problems, but not a shoulder issue. So, if he tore his rotator cuff, when did he do it? You all think it doesn't matter. But what if he tore it during the playoffs last year and it was never reported by the Patriots? Or did it happen between Feb 6th 2017 and the day the Packers signed him? How long has he been complaining about it? The Packers don't get to just cut a guy claiming he didn't disclose health issues without something to back it up. The fact that so many Packer fans think the organization is squeaky clean is almost cute.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm a Packer fan and I view it as a win. Or a win-win-win with Bennett where he may have preferred to be (30 other teams could have claimed him) and if the Patriots get some use out of him.

From the pragmatic as opposed to the emotional perspective, given his lousy performance, this is addition by subtraction for the Packers, whether they claw back some of the signing bonus or not.

If Bennett is lying about the whole thing (or even just a critical part of it) then he did us a favor.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So are you saying if this whole fiasco happened in Minnesota you`d see it differently ? I was a big fan of the signing originally but the guy has showed no class what so ever.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm a Packer fan and I view it as a win. Or a win-win-win with Bennett where he may have preferred to be (30 other teams could have claimed him) and if the Patriots get some use out of him.

From the pragmatic as opposed to the emotional perspective, given his lousy performance, this is addition by subtraction for the Packers, whether they claw back some of the signing bonus or not.

If Bennett is lying about the whole thing (or even just a critical part of it) then he did us a favor.

I agree with this. As you have posted he looked slow out there in Packers offense. Basically RR speed with no hands. I suppose he offered an upgrade blocking but far from worth the price tag.

Pass. Hope the Packers get some $ back against the cap.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So are you saying if this whole fiasco happened in Minnesota you`d see it differently ? I was a big fan of the signing originally but the guy has showed no class what so ever.
I see it for what it is. No matter where it happens. The Packers have made statements about him and he has made statements about the Packers. Somewhere in between is the truth. There are a few questions that need to be answered to get to the truth.

1) When did Bennett injure his shoulder? Because it wasn't before the Super Bowl. I don't remember him injuring it during the game, does anyone else?
2) If the Packers did an x-ray on it, as he claims, why? That would indicate that he told them there was a problem with it, or would it?
3) Did he really put it down that his shoulder hurt and when did he start complaining about it?
4) What about the so called 7 doctors he supposedly talked to. I believe in getting a second opinion or a 3rd, but 7?
5)Did he injure it last year playing for the Pats and have them cover it up?
6)There were 34 days from the end of the Super Bowl to the Packers signing him. Did he see a doctor about his shoulder during that time period?

My bet. The Packers don't try to reclaim any bonus money paid to him. Because if they do, all of these questions will have to be answered.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I see it for what it is. No matter where it happens. The Packers have made statements about him and he has made statements about the Packers. Somewhere in between is the truth. There are a few questions that need to be answered to get to the truth.

1) When did Bennett injure his shoulder? Because it wasn't before the Super Bowl. I don't remember him injuring it during the game, does anyone else?
2) If the Packers did an x-ray on it, as he claims, why? That would indicate that he told them there was a problem with it, or would it?
3) Did he really put it down that his shoulder hurt and when did he start complaining about it?
4) What about the so called 7 doctors he supposedly talked to. I believe in getting a second opinion or a 3rd, but 7?
5)Did he injure it last year playing for the Pats and have them cover it up?
6)There were 34 days from the end of the Super Bowl to the Packers signing him. Did he see a doctor about his shoulder during that time period?

My bet. The Packers don't try to reclaim any bonus money paid to him. Because if they do, all of these questions will have to be answered.

It just read that because it`s the Packers, and I understand YOUR point if it was, we think we are squeaky clean and badly treated. Given the Bennett brothers attitude in general, something stinks here. Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.