Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this mean we are not going to resign Cook? Or do we want a double TE threat? Hmmmm.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook is already all but gone it's been reported. So Bennett is definitely our an at TE.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asked about this when it was rumored cook was gone. I like the signing.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy ****

Gotta love how this is just a massive signing for us, which when we are used to TT moves I guess it is. :)

Seriously though, as long as the money isn't absurd, good signing.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A downgrade if you ask me. The only positive in this is Bennett has been healthy for the most part. Unless we're going to have a dual threat like Chmura-Jackson, Teddy just made the team worse. #ThanksTed.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A downgrade if you ask me. The only positive in this is Bennett has been healthy for the most part. Unless we're going to have a dual threat like Chmura-Jackson, Teddy just made the team worse. #ThanksTed.

not sure if serious...
use emoticons
you're confusing me

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A down grade? Seriously? Bennett has been better then Cook pretty much his entire career. Outside of being older he's better at pretty much everything.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nm, math is hard

dayum, this got moved to sticky section fast
quickdraw mods

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree! Bennett is not a game changing TE, but Cook is and has more downfield talent. Bennett played in Dallas, Chicago, & NE and wasn't a difference maker at all like Cook was for us this past season. He opened up more on the outside because of his threat down the middle. Away, only time will tell if he works out to be a better TE in our system. As of right now he is just Bubba Franks Big.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda shocked that there is any negativity surrounding this signing. I guess I shouldn't be, but c'mon, Packers fans!

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree! Bennett is not a game changing TE, but Cook is and has more downfield talent. Bennett played in Dallas, Chicago, & NE and wasn't a difference maker at all like Cook was for us this past season. He opened up more on the outside because of his threat down the middle. Away, only time will tell if he works out to be a better TE in our system. As of right now he is just Bubba Franks Big.

You think Bennett wasn't a difference maker for the Bears or NE? You can't be serious?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda shocked that there is any negativity surrounding this signing. I guess I shouldn't be, but c'mon, Packers fans!

Honestly this kinda proves the idea that some will never be happy and TT is damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't

Bennett has been a better player then Cook his entire career so what's the reaction when replacing the latter with the guy who's been better his entire time in the league? "Should've kept Cook. TT failed"

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bennett averaged 13 ypc and had 7 tds last year. No reason to think he won't be able to duplicated that in gb.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol glad he got his ring last season because a division champs t-shirt is the only thing he'll ever win in Green Bay haha. The defense still is garbage. 30 points a Gm still won't be enough. If your going to sign a Tightend like Bennett you need a blazer to pull the safety ...they don't have that either.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice signing. Loved cook especially for that miracle grab Vs Dallas, but Bennett is an upgrade in almost every facet. red zone offense:tup:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lol glad he got his ring last season because a division champs t-shirt is the only thing he'll ever win in Green Bay haha. The defense still is garbage. 30 points a Gm still won't be enough. If your going to sign a Tightend like Bennett you need a blazer to pull the safety ...they don't have that either.

They could draft Carlos Henderson as a blazer and this would be the most potent Packer offense ever.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if serious...
use emoticons
you're confusing me
I'm very serious. Cook is a far better talent than Bennett. You think Bennett could make that catch against Dallas? Like I said, at least Bennett has proven he can stay healthy but this is a lateral move at best. Teddy is supposed to be adding pieces, not replacing them. They're no closer to a Super Bowl than they were two days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts