martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, it's not.
So he does really need season ending surgery despite doctors from 2 different teams clearing him to play and him actually playing for another team in a week where he was out injured for another is merely a side fact? LOL

Reaction score
So he does really need season ending surgery despite doctors from 2 different teams clearing him to play and him actually playing for another team in a week where he was out injured for another is merely a side fact? LOL
I don't wanna make any presumptions about what other people have and have not said about this, but flipping from "the simplest answer is not that he is lying" to what you just said is pretty incredible in terms of flipping the narrative to a total 180 to server your purpose. There are plenty of totally reasonable simple answers aside from him specifically lying which explain what has happened, and your post above does little to help us discuss it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are plenty of totally reasonable simple answers aside from him specifically lying which explain what has happened, and your post above does little to help us discuss it.

But none requires fewer presumptions than the fact that he is a proven liar.

Reaction score
But none requires fewer presumptions than the fact that he is a proven liar.
This is utterly absurd. I can prove that you are a law breaker. Have you ever surpassed the speed limit in a vehicle? Then you have broken the law, and we should not consider the opinions of proven criminals. See how easy -and ridiculous -that is?

I'm guessing you read my thoughts just below Mr. Raptorman's on the previous page, yet you chose not to discuss that possibility. I would suggest that example of a possible solution includes deductions, rather than mere presumptions, yet I'm sure you would disagree. I've always liked saying that one tells a troll not by what they say, but by what they choose to ignore. Are you just a troll?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wanna make any presumptions about what other people have and have not said about this, but flipping from "the simplest answer is not that he is lying" to what you just said is pretty incredible in terms of flipping the narrative to a total 180 to server your purpose. There are plenty of totally reasonable simple answers aside from him specifically lying which explain what has happened, and your post above does little to help us discuss it.
I flipped the narrative huh? you guys acting like a pain chart is a diagnosis and injury disclosure LOL. and i'm flipping narratives :)

anyway, reach as far into the what if's that you need to to explain a guy getting hurt during the bye week and sitting out for 2 weeks then being cut and him saying he needed surgery and they wouldn't do it, to signing and playing in a week where he was already ruled out by another team LOL

Reaction score
I flipped the narrative huh? you guys acting like a pain chart is a diagnosis and injury disclosure LOL. and i'm flipping narratives :)

anyway, reach as far into the what if's that you need to to explain a guy getting hurt during the bye week and sitting out for 2 weeks then being cut and him saying he needed surgery and they wouldn't do it, to signing and playing in a week where he was already ruled out by another team LOL
Did you even READ what I wrote? Or did you simply latch onto what you wanted to see? I'll repost for you...

"The most likely answer, to my mind, is that circling an area to indicate pain does not meet the threshold for the medical staff for reporting an injury. Likely that (reporting player indicated pain and/or discomfort as an injury on the official injury report) requires further data, including but not limited to previous injury of the affected area being known by the medical staff, consultation between medical staff members and the player concerning the area of pain/discomfort, etc.

Just because he "circled" his shoulder on a sheet, that does not mean he should be disclosed as an injury, and it also does not mean that he actually disclosed an injury in any way. It just means he circled something on a sheet, and what that actually means has been left up to individual interpretation."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read it, and what does it have to do with a guy who basically took himself out of the rotation of players because he said he was too hurt to play and needed surgery, to suddenly being cleared by another team to play in a week in which he was already ruled out with an injury? He's a liar, plain and simple. I don't care about the pain sheet. put a circle around he entire body, I don't care. He said he couldn't play and needed surgery, and there he was playing, cleared by another doctor after however many he said told him he needed surgery on his off week? Tell me how that happens? and Bennett is not a liar?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here are known facts:
- Per Marty's own words 3 of 7 doctors says he needs surgery. Does not really attest to its severity, does it?
- He says Packers forced him to play...which is universally panned by all Packers players.
- He says he wanted to put his personal health over Packers team (which in a way is fair) but then goes and plays for the Pats (and that makes him a *********).
- Since he has played for both teams, it can be presumed that both Packers and Pats doctors have certified him fit. Having problems with Packers not Pats is bulls*it.

The only dispute is whether that surgery was really necessary at this point of time. I think he genuinely has a shoulder injury and it needs surgery....but it's not really severe and does not warrant immediate surgery. After AR got injured and our season tanked, he was trying to play it smart by getting himself a surgery at our expense. Once we cut him and Pats picked him, he sees opportunity for another ring, so shelves his scheme, gives a ***** interview and continues playing for the Pats.

He's just a glory hunting scumbag and no two ways about it.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is utterly absurd. I can prove that you are a law breaker. Have you ever surpassed the speed limit in a vehicle? Then you have broken the law, and we should not consider the opinions of proven criminals. See how easy -and ridiculous -that is?

I'm guessing you read my thoughts just below Mr. Raptorman's on the previous page, yet you chose not to discuss that possibility. I would suggest that example of a possible solution includes deductions, rather than mere presumptions, yet I'm sure you would disagree. I've always liked saying that one tells a troll not by what they say, but by what they choose to ignore. Are you just a troll?

I see. So then I guess that makes you a troll by choosing to ignore the fact that Bennett is an established liar. Funny how that works, huh? The fact remains that the most simple explanation is that the turd was lying about the severity of his "injury." Go ahead and argue until you're blue in the face. Isn't that what trolls do?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read it, and what does it have to do with a guy who basically took himself out of the rotation of players because he said he was too hurt to play and needed surgery, to suddenly being cleared by another team to play in a week in which he was already ruled out with an injury? He's a liar, plain and simple. I don't care about the pain sheet. put a circle around he entire body, I don't care. He said he couldn't play and needed surgery, and there he was playing, cleared by another doctor after however many he said told him he needed surgery on his off week? Tell me how that happens? and Bennett is not a liar?

Just curious... did he also libel the doctor who cleared him to play in NE?

Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling you're following an entirely different line of dialogue than I am.

Raptorman said "If he had been putting this down since week 3, and every week since, why hasn't he shown up on the injury report?"

MrUdonta replied "Per Occam's Razor, the most obvious and likely explanation is that Bennett is a liar."

Raptorman replied "Actually, it's not."

Now, out of that, given that the point we are discussing here is why he wasn't on the injury report, why is me discussing what he said he did might match up with reality to explain this?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious... did he also libel the doctor who cleared him to play in NE?
must have, that guy clearly doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground if he cleared him to play, because just last week like 7 other doctors told him he needed to sit this one out and have surgery :)

Ted Thompson's Mind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t think of it as cutting and losing Bennett, think of it as trading him to no one for a compensatory 5th round pick.:tup:

Reaction score
I see. So then I guess that makes you a troll by choosing to ignore the fact that Bennett is an established liar. Funny how that works, huh? The fact remains that the most simple explanation is that the turd was lying about the severity of his "injury." Go ahead and argue until you're blue in the face. Isn't that what trolls do?
My favorite part about this: I too think that Bennet was scheisty and tried to worm out of the contract so he could get another ring - something which I'm just presuming you think - yet, because I dared cross your obvious conclusion that the bad man said lies on the television, you've gone off the deep end.

Moderation has no place in your world, does it?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling you're following an entirely different line of dialogue than I am.

Raptorman said "If he had been putting this down since week 3, and every week since, why hasn't he shown up on the injury report?"

MrUdonta replied "Per Occam's Razor, the most obvious and likely explanation is that Bennett is a liar."

Raptorman replied "Actually, it's not."

Now, out of that, given that the point we are discussing here is why he wasn't on the injury report, why is me discussing what he said he did might match up with reality to explain this?
we are, the circles on the charts mean nothing for this. he never showed up on an injury report because you can circle what hurts and then we go in and look. do some tests, look for what's an injury and what just hurts. None of this prevented him from doing anything until he decided himself that he was done. Then he starts telling doctors he can't play cause he's too hurt. The doctors i assume found no reason why he couldn't so they told him to go and get some other opinions. Which apparently he did according to him, but since they weren't team doctors, nothing will ever get disclosed to the public because that would fall under HIPPA where as there is no HIPPA when it involves team doctors and players. But the Packers usually release very little out of respect anyway.

So while he might have hurt, nobody found a reason he couldn't play, and neither did NE despite him being ruled out in GB for the same weekend game. So who's lying?

Reaction score
we are, the circles on the charts mean nothing for this. he never showed up on an injury report because you can circle what hurts and then we go in and look. do some tests, look for what's an injury and what just hurts. None of this prevented him from doing anything until he decided himself that he was done. Then he starts telling doctors he can't play cause he's too hurt. The doctors i assume found no reason why he couldn't so they told him to go and get some other opinions. Which apparently he did according to him, but since they weren't team doctors, nothing will ever get disclosed to the public because that would fall under HIPPA where as there is no HIPPA when it involves team doctors and players. But the Packers usually release very little out of respect anyway.

So while he might have hurt, nobody found a reason he couldn't play, and neither did NE despite him being ruled out in GB for the same weekend game. So who's lying?
You know what? Nevermind, man. I've read enough of your comments to believe that you think things well through, but you seem to think I am saying something entirely other than what I am actually saying, and I've lost the energy to try to clarify.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of words that mean nothing to me. On the Packers he claimed he could not play in last Sunday's game despite the team doctor clearing him to play... He is subsequently cut ... and picked up by his former team where he is again cleared to play ... he plays and catches 3 balls. Simple as that .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
PEOPLES: STAY CLEAR OF THE ACCUSATIONS OF TROLLING just because you disagree with how they are making their arguments. Accusations of trolling (whether true or not) will be viewed as a personal attack and dealt with as such under our site rules. Trolling behavior is already covered under the rules. Report such instances and make your case. I and the other mods will determine if it has merit.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He came from the Pats, got to experience real coaching, comes to us, probably had several meetings discussing pad level. Arod, gets hurt, says I'm outta here! Gotta almost respect the guy, willing to do anything for a ring.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PEOPLES: STAY CLEAR OF THE ACCUSATIONS OF TROLLING just because you disagree with how they are making their arguments. Accusations of trolling (whether true or not) will be viewed as a personal attack and dealt with as such under our site rules. Trolling behavior is already covered under the rules. Report such instances and make your case. I and the other mods will determine if it has merit.
I'm sorry but after a guy suggested that someone else go do something lewd in the corner and was allowed to stay .... this seems like a ridiculous over reaction to me.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but after a guy suggested that someone else go do something lewd in the corner and was allowed to stay .... this seems like a ridiculous over reaction to me.
Has he posted since then? Sometimes we take a few hours to come to a consensus. Or even get around to this board.

Reaction score
Here are known facts:
- Per Marty's own words 3 of 7 doctors says he needs surgery. Does not really attest to its severity, does it?
- He says Packers forced him to play...which is universally panned by all Packers players.
- He says he wanted to put his personal health over Packers team (which in a way is fair) but then goes and plays for the Pats (and that makes him a *********).
- Since he has played for both teams, it can be presumed that both Packers and Pats doctors have certified him fit. Having problems with Packers not Pats is bulls*it.

The only dispute is whether that surgery was really necessary at this point of time. I think he genuinely has a shoulder injury and it needs surgery....but it's not really severe and does not warrant immediate surgery. After AR got injured and our season tanked, he was trying to play it smart by getting himself a surgery at our expense. Once we cut him and Pats picked him, he sees opportunity for another ring, so shelves his scheme, gives a ***** interview and continues playing for the Pats.

He's just a glory hunting scumbag and no two ways about it.
Why, in any world, do you people think I am defending Bennett, simply because I think there are other explanations aside from him specifically lying about a specific thing? Is it because I failed to virtue-signal enough for you guys, by taking part in the shouty echo chamber? When did PF become the youtube comments section? I mean, ffs, really.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, in any world, do you people think I am defending Bennett, simply because I think there are other explanations aside from him specifically lying about a specific thing? Is it because I failed to virtue-signal enough for you guys, by taking part in the shouty echo chamber? When did PF become the youtube comments section? I mean, ffs, really.
he's probably not lying about making a circle around his shoulder, but that part isn't really important. It's a pain chart. It's probably the same thing you get when you visit the PT or Chiro or AT. Then they check you over, if red flags pop up you see the next man up, or more imaging or more tests until it's determined you're injured or just sore.

So he's probably telling the truth about a sore shoulder but it's rather insignificant in the entire issue. once we start getting into what was known before he came here and what happened after can be up for debate. Since a rotator injury doesn't always mean surgery, there's a chance he knew about it and so did NE and that's why they didn't try and re-sign him? and it was disclosed as a sore shoulder to GB? and not a torn rotator or labrum tear? I don't know. Those are holes I don't really need to go down because at this point he is a liar. Plain and simple.

Doctors in GB said he could play, he said he couldn't and sat out, they told him to go get opinions. He says he did and a few of them said he needed surgery. I think it was rather clear he quit on the team, but let's just say he didn't and GB just wanted to cut him anyway for underperforming. that would be odd to me too considering how many guys they've kept on big contracts after a down year and given a chance to redeem themselves, but let's say they didn't like Bennett at all and used this as a reason to cut him. it still doesn't make what Marty said the truth by any stretch.

He didn't need to sit out with surgery and he somehow played on a weekend he was initially ruled out for for another team. He didn't need surgery, he didn't need his season ended, he quit. he could play before his mysterious injury and he can play now. he just proved it. and 2 different team doctors also verified that Marty was physically fit to play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts