martellus Bennet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What gets me is what he said on Twitter. Dr. McKenzie wanted him to play through his Owee and Bennett wouldn't? LMAO :laugh: One of the most conservative teams/doctors in the league?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wanted to quit and the doctor wouldn't write him an excuse. I don't believe there is any more to this story.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a bum this guy turned out to be. Chirping the Packers medical staff now.

A lot of Packers (current + former) have already stepped up and defended Dr. Mckenzie (Kuhn, Jordy, Janis, Crabtree)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a bum this guy turned out to be. Chirping the Packers medical staff now.

A lot of Packers (current + former) have already stepped up and defended Dr. Mckenzie (Kuhn, Jordy, Janis, Crabtree)
and Butler and many more will i'm sure.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeeze Ted got burned extra crispy by signing this Bum.

Would have more respect if he just came out and said I quit the team as the Pack arnt going anywhere this season with Rodgers hurt.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But is it a surprise that the guy that just quit on the team and the community doesn't have the guts to stand up and own his decision? Blasting ******** on social media to try and play the victim seems more the family style at this point. Still can't believe I ever defended the bum

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should sign Tight End Bucky Hodges for depth at the position. 1 injury away from being in bad position. There isn't much out there on the market that is intriguing. Bucky is a mismatch nightmare. Not much inside block help. But I've seen him dominate his opponent when lined up outside.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
So why is no one asking this question, if 3 doctors told him he needed surgery, why was he practicing With the patriots today?

This man is a pathological liar, just like his brother.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why is no one asking this question, if 3 doctors told him he needed surgery, why was he practicing With the patriots today?

This man is a pathological liar, just like his brother.
I think everyone knows the answer to that question

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem players don't seem to act up for Belichick because he commands their respect. Bennett apparently played our front office for a bunch of fools.

H

HardRightEdge

You know, he looked pretty slow from the get go and then dropped a lot of balls. He was blocking pretty well but you can get that for a ton less money.

Instead of being angry with Bennett for being a rat jumping the sinking ship, you guys should look at the positives. He stunk and wasn't helping matters any even when he was behaving. He did the team a favor once you get past the embarrassment of having been conned.

Imagine him limping along through the season and then making it to opening day next season with a $3.6 mil base plus $2.6 mil in roster bonus.

Or look at it this way: All of his guarantee was in the signing bonus; the Packers were going to summarily cut him anyway before that roster bonus came due. He just expedited his exit.

Who knows, the Packers might even claw back some of that signing bonus, though I doubt it.

Next man up, or men in the case of Kendricks and Rodgers. While Kendricks is not the blocker Bennett might be, he's been more dynamic in the passing game with a whole lot fewer snaps. Kendricks can actually run a seam route! Fancy that

Now, if Bennett looks speedier and more sure handed with New England, then you'll know he took the signing bonus and then tanked from day 1. If that turns out to be the case, then feel free to go back out on the ledge and I won't blame you.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Wait, what?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...te-martellus-bennett-torn-rotator-cuff-labrum

So the guy really was injured, and not in some minor way. How we assess this matter depends a lot on when those injuries occurred. Does anybody recall if Bennett ever reached above shoulder height for a ball? I don't. That would be a problem with these injuries. If he came in with these injuries, that's one thing. If he incurred them while playing with the Packers, that puts a whole other paint job on the matter.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
apparently not bad enough to keep him from failing a physical and participating in practice with a new team. My guess is he had it, he's had it for a while. Maybe not, either way I don't care. If he had it before, maybe that is why NE didn't try and re-sign him. It's funny though, now Ted will get railed for that decision, when BB's decision was to not re-sign him and then trade for what he thought was a suitable replacement in Dwayne Allen who doesn't have a single catch in half a season might get rectified because Bennett quit on this team.

But whether he got it here, or he got it there, if he's not on season ending IR by Monday and no more practices or playing for Marty Bennett this year starting now, he's a liar and a quitter. Even if it occurred with the Packers, he's being paid to play, a lot of money. If he can, he should. Unless he's a quitter. If our ultra conservative doctor said he could play and now he's practicing for another team after passing their physical, it appears he can play. He just wanted to quit.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see Bennett's miraculous recovery from his shoulder injury now that he's a Patriot and will no longer need that surgury he decided on.

Please, he's trying to throw our doctor under the bus? The guy notorious for his conservative diagnoses?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's funny though, now Ted will get railed for that decision, when BB's decision was to not re-sign him and then trade for what he thought was a suitable replacement in Dwayne Allen who doesn't have a single catch in half a season might get rectified because Bennett quit on this team.

Just to put it on record, in my opinion it was a good move by Thompson to sign Bennett. Unfortunately it didn't work out as planned because it seems Martellus is POS. There's no reason to blame TT for it though.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Just to put it on record, in my opinion it was a good move by Thompson to sign Bennett. Unfortunately it didn't work out as planned because it seems Martellus is POS. There's no reason to blame TT for it though.
I couldn’t agree more. My Patriots friend told me I was being rediculous getting mad at MB instead of TT. I told him the signing was not a problem, I have never been a fan of Martellus Bennett but the contract was fair considering the entire league thought we were adding another weapon for AR. His attitude, lack of production, embarrassing lack of loyalty, and conniving tendencies were not something anyone saw coming. I have always said in business there are some wild cards you just cannot control, Martellus Bennett is one. He is a lying POS and belongs with a team that is fine with that.

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As anti Ted Thompson as I have been over the years, I certainly don't blame Ted for this debacle.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Conspiracy theory alert: Does anyone think the Patriots facilitated this? They have clearly been lacking production in the passing game with many injury concerns. I know many people thought they facilitated Blounts questionable departure from Pittsburg walking off the field and signing with the Patriots the next day. Personally, I think Martellus orchestrated this, but if the league looks into it and finds foul play, is that a tampering charge against the Patriots?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since he was subject to the waiver wire this time of year, I'm not really going to entertain conspiracy theories about this.

I don't think it extends any further than Bennett quit on the Packers and they released him because of it. He happened to land back with the Patriots, but he could have easily landed with the Browns.

Though the Pats probably knew of his injury before hand, knew he could play with it, and were willing to take the chance.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This piece of **** is active tonight. What he did to Mr McKenzie is one of the most gutless and cowardly things I have ever seen an athlete do. Trainers don't go on social media or do interviews (as far as I know). Martellus Liar Bennett went after a guy that can't defend himself just to blame somebody for the 5th team in his career moving on from him. Not much makes me angry, but my blood boils when a player does something as disgusting as Bennett did. I'm not even going to mention how he always acts like he's the victim with all of his social activism BS, I'm going after him with what he did to Pat. I hope the remainder of his NFL career ends up terribly because this guy is a loser and by far my most hated Packer. He quit on this team once Rodgers got injured. He was better off giving two middle fingers to the organization and mooning them on the 50 yard line during practice. I was fooled by this guy, I wanted to believe he was going to be a good fit on this team even if he was overpaid. He did have that penalty when he was protecting Rodgers in the Seattle game which I actually appreciated, but looking back on it now it feels like he only cared for Rodgers but nobody else on this team. One of the most despicable things I have seen a player do

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need what NE has in their water. Bennett is active tonight. Healed already.Bum

I'm excited to see how he responds if someone asks him how did he get healthy so fast. Biggest scumbag maybe in league history.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Can’t wait to watch him drop Brady’s passes right now and give Denver the big W

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't post on this when the Pack signed Bennett. I was for the move and was a little pissed at Cook wanting a larger contract than Bennett agreed to, after being injured more than not...blah blah blah. I leaned toward Cook personally but thought Bennett was just as good. I was already thrilled Ted got Kendricks too. I wasn't too impressed by Bennett and am less so now ... Sounds like his former teammates aren't too enamored right now neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.