Marquez Valdes-Scantling

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS has caught 37% of targets with air yards of 25 or greater.

While that may seem low, it ranks him fairly high in the league. Just FYI.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that targets of any length that hit an NFL receiver in the hands or chest should be caught.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think that targets of any length that hit an NFL receiver in the hands or chest should be caught.

I gave you an agree.....with my logical brain, but......

I did a quick search on depth of targets, but I don't have a subscription to PFF or any other paid site that gets into the details, so I came up short. But it would be interesting to see drop rates as you expand out from the LOS. No doubt MVS has had a lot of deep balls thrown to him, I'm just not sure if statistically its fair to be too critical of all his drops from "way out there".

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to give up on the ignore list for the most part... the forum got really boring when I couldn’t see anybody :D

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to give up on the ignore list for the most part... the forum got really boring when I couldn’t see anybody :D

Concur, I won't use ignore - doesn't make the forum better just creates a boring bubble to live in.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Concur, I won't use ignore - doesn't make the forum better just creates a boring bubble to live in.

Has made it a better experience for me :D Sometimes its nice to filter out a bit of the noise, makes it more desirable to be here to enjoy what I come here for, other Packer fans and their wisdom. I don't need the ones who try to shove their so called wisdom (right or wrong) down others throats by consistently belittling others.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It's a minor miracle that I didn't make your ignore list early in my tenure here :cool:

You`re okay in my view. Different opinions are fine mate, I only ignore if people behave like ******** about it. You`ve never done that.

trabob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop illustrating a supreme lack of understanding of how game plans, play calling, and football in general works. MVS is not your #2 option (Jones) on offense for us, he isn't even always our #3 option (Lazard)...I'd argue he isn't our #4 either (Williams)...he is literally in a group of guys like Tonyan/Stern/Lewis/MVS/EQ. Those guys are going to get targeted on maybe 15% of the pass plays a game, sometimes the defense will remove one as an option, other times the defensive schemes will not spotlight or assist in one of them and their skillset to shine.

MVS had a heck of a game against the Bears, honestly I bet the staff would say it was a Top 2 or Top 3 performance out of him when tape is reviewed. Merely because his statline of targets, receptions and yards is 0 is not the whole story - especially for a guy operating as a teams #4 or #5 option on offense at best.
MVS has been blocking well, his only knock is he drops a lot of balls the one in the philly game was right in his arms.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS has been blocking well, his only knock is he drops a lot of balls the one in the philly game was right in his arms.

Honestly, it is his only GLARING issue. He does struggle in my opinion in the route running category, however he has improved on this since last year. You are 100% correct in his blocking is insanely improved, I'd argue most improved on the offensive side of the ball for sure.

Members online