Mario Williams going #1 overall?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching "Total Access" last night and there is speculation around the league that Houston is going to either draft Mario, or trade down for him.

I have also read that New Orleans really wants A.J Hawk. If Houston drafts Mario, and lets New Orleans take Reggie Bush, we could then be natural trade partners with the Saints.

This of course would all be predicated on signing Arrington prior to the draft. I think Bush would be the kind of player that would sway Brett back for not only this year, but next as well.

April 29th is going to be an interesting day! Hash it out boys, we need something new to talk about!

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. This one's tough to hash out... I just can't believe that Houston wants Mario. If they were going to do anything (other than draft Bush) I think it would be to trade down to #2 or #3 and draft Ferguson. This sounds like smoke and mirrors to me.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, Since69. Davis is a pretty good back, so i can see where they would go with someone other than Bush. But they NEED to shore up that horrible offensive line. there o-line is even worse than ours. how many times did David Carr get sacked last year, like 150?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
I was watching "Total Access" last night and there is speculation around the league that Houston is going to either draft Mario, or trade down for him.

I have also read that New Orleans really wants A.J Hawk. If Houston drafts Mario, and lets New Orleans take Reggie Bush, we could then be natural trade partners with the Saints.

This of course would all be predicated on signing Arrington prior to the draft. I think Bush would be the kind of player that would sway Brett back for not only this year, but next as well.

April 29th is going to be an interesting day! Hash it out boys, we need something new to talk about!

How about the deal I mentioned where they trade with the Packers and the Packers get Bush?
It's beginning to look like I am NOT the only one who is leaning that way...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I think Houston would be stupid not to take Bush or Ferguson.
Now they have someone who used to coach us as their asistant head coach,,, we know he wasnt a very good guy at the draft,,,,so,,, anything can happen !!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kipers latest draft has us taking hawk in the first because mario is going to the saints. hes an idiot but that scenario seems likely. He also has us taking tambi hali in the second round, and max jean giles in the third. our fourth round pick he has us taking CB derek martin from wyoming.

I hope to god it plays out like that it really cant get any better for us... i mean there are some dream scenarios but this one is very very likely.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taking Mario #1 would be stupid. Pulling off some kind of trade down and getting as much value as possible out of that pick would be smart.

IMO if they did trade down they would be better served going after Ferguson than Williams.

We talk ofter about how bad our "O" line is. Carr got sacked 68 times last year. Which means he was hurried or run out of the pocket probably 80% of the times he went back to pass.

I think they need a couple of stud lineman, or, get four deep in QB's. It's a miracle Carr made it through the season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Houston is just covering their basis. Talking with Mario Williams about contract just gives them leverage when the talk to Reggie Bush.. Bush will go #1..

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Sherman down there they might take a kicker.

only kidding shermans a good guy not a good coach though. this is just a bunch of crap so the media has something to talk about.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Taking Mario #1 would be stupid. Pulling off some kind of trade down and getting as much value as possible out of that pick would be smart.

IMO if they did trade down they would be better served going after Ferguson than Williams.

We talk ofter about how bad our "O" line is. Carr got sacked 68 times last year. Which means he was hurried or run out of the pocket probably 80% of the times he went back to pass.

I think they need a couple of stud lineman, or, get four deep in QB's. It's a miracle Carr made it through the season.

I've felt for some time that there was a good chance that Houston would trade the #1 pick to the Jets at #4, where they should be able to get either Mario or Ferguson. Bush ends up in New York where he makes a gazillion bucks on endorsements.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Texans are taking Mario.
Saints are trading down to 5.
Packers are taking Reggie at 2.

I'm very disapointed. I don't feel Reggie merits a top five pick.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Texans are taking Mario.

Not me. I'd love it.....but don't leave us hangin'....what did we have to give up to move from #5 to #2? Please tell me it was Robert Ferguson :lol:

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Houston Chronicle, the only way the Texans will not take USC running back Reggie Bush, is if his agent, Joel Segal, prices him out of the top pick. If that happens, the Texans will turn their attention to North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
Texans are taking Mario.

Not me. I'd love it.....but don't leave us hangin'....what did we have to give up to move from #5 to #2? Please tell me it was Robert Ferguson :lol:

Ferguson and a shoe box (they needed at least one thing useful from the trade)

Latest posts