Manny Lawson?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a first round pick by SF a few years back.

He looked very solid last year. He's definitely an upgrade over Zombo and Walden.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Picking him up would allow TT to draft a DB or my prefrence a DT to replace Wynn/Wilson/Neal so I would be very much down for this move

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Back when Jerry Hughes was being drafted he was often compared to Lawson. So, yes he fits what the Packers want on defense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on 3 guys this off-season.
Of course Jerry Hughes.
Adam Carriker.
And Manny Lawson.

I actually sent letters to Teddy about each guy.
Yes I am the fanatic in fan.

Carriker was kept by the Redskins as he thrived in their 3-4 defense.
Hughes, who knows... still under contract and the Colts appear ready to give him a chance in their new 3-4 defense.
Now here's Lawson.

Also wanted Kamerion Wimbley but he just signed a large deal with Tennessee today. Too much $ for us. But he would have been a beast of a OLB compliment to the Bloodline.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Picking him up would allow TT to draft a DB or my prefrence a DT to replace Wynn/Wilson/Neal so I would be very much down for this move

I disagree. He does virtually nothing to help our pass rush. He has averaged less than 3 per year as a starter.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on 3 guys this off-season.
Of course Jerry Hughes.
Adam Carriker.
And Manny Lawson.

I actually sent letters to Teddy about each guy.
Yes I am the fanatic in fan.

Carriker was kept by the Redskins as he thrived in their 3-4 defense.
Hughes, who knows... still under contract and the Colts appear ready to give him a chance in their new 3-4 defense.
Now here's Lawson.

Also wanted Kamerion Wimbley but he just signed a large deal with Tennessee today. Too much $ for us. But he would have been a beast of a OLB compliment to the Bloodline.

Frank and his ongoing bromance with Jerry Hughes :tup:

OP
OP
7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. He does virtually nothing to help our pass rush. He has averaged less than 3 per year as a starter.
If he can cover like they say he can and can hold contain on the run then you can rush more with the ILB's and with db's. The easiest way to get to the QB is not always to rush the edge....look at the insane paths Clay has to take just to get there and he is elite. If he can be trusted to cover and hold his edge then Capers can become more exotic with the blitz packages.

I don't think it would be ideal to have a clone of Clay on the other side or the other teams will just hit the flats quickly as no one will be home on either edge.

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm down, this kid has good potential. Don't forget the years that he was with Niners ... they we're the one of the worst teams in the NFL. I think with our defense he could excel! Sign him up ... all tho draft a LB as well.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd definitely be an upgrade over what we have. But he hasn't shown he can rush the passer. We need that from the position. I say sign him and cut Walden and the other stiffs. At least he could defend the edge it seems.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He looks like he could be a real addition at a sore spot on defense. They report he isn't a great pass rusher, but others have posted some good points. If he opens the door for a better lineman, is it necessary for him to be an outstanding pass rusher? If he takes pressure off Clay and the secondary, is it also necessary that he be a great pass rusher?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also wanted Kamerion Wimbley but he just signed a large deal with Tennessee today. Too much $ for us.

AJ Hawk...5 Years/ $33.75 mil
K Wimbley...5 years/ $35 mil

Whenever I hear someone say a guy like Wimbley is too expensive, I can't help thinking of AJ Mediocre Run-of-the-Mill Hawk that we gave that fat contract to. For a guy that normally gets it right, Ted screwed the pooch on that one. I know he was his baby at #5 and all...but come on!

I'm 100% against he notion of signing free agents for the sake of it (which lots of teams seem to be doing)...but this Wimbley kid is a real solid 3-4 DE and it would have made sense bringing him in and giving him an offer. If you cut Hawk then a guy like Wimbley is suddenly more affordable.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read up on Lawson and he sounds interesting. He played last season for only $3M. If we can sign him for 2 years at that rate, I think he is worth a shot. Not sure why he doesn't seem to get to the QB much, but it sounds like he is great in run and pass defense. As others have said, its a step up in what we have now.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk...5 Years/ $33.75 mil
K Wimbley...5 years/ $35 mil

Whenever I hear someone say a guy like Wimbley is too expensive, I can't help thinking of AJ Mediocre Run-of-the-Mill Hawk that we gave that fat contract to. For a guy that normally gets it right, Ted screwed the pooch on that one. I know he was his baby at #5 and all...but come on!

I'm 100% against he notion of signing free agents for the sake of it (which lots of teams seem to be doing)...but this Wimbley kid is a real solid 3-4 DE and it would have made sense bringing him in and giving him an offer. If you cut Hawk then a guy like Wimbley is suddenly more affordable.

Depends on how the contract is structured. I believe Hawk received around $8 million as a signing bonus and Wimbley $13.5. I was hoping we could sign Wimbley, but his production the past few years hasn't matched the money the Titans gave him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts