making a trade

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about trading for a RB. But is there anyway we can get a better linebacker than Brady P. I like the guy, but he's killing us on pass defense.

Reaction score
I don't think so.

Any LB that we get would need time to understand our scheme. That'd limit the amount of work that new LB would see.

The only other LB that could challenge Popp is Bishop. But not sure Bishop is capable of playing the SLB.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's impossible for any team to really have no weakness unless your New England right now and even then I think they have some problems. Trading in mid season is not solving anything in my opinion unless we bring in Michael Turner or Marion Barber III.

I saw Cooley beat Bush, Bigby, Hawk, and Collins today too.

I also saw Cooley contained in the 2nd half for around 10 yards.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a lot of talk about trading for a RB. But is there anyway we can get a better linebacker than Brady P. I like the guy, but he's killing us on pass defense.

I agree we definitely need help on the secondary coverage, but even that pales in comparison to the help we need at RB. I must admit I can't remember the last time a team as one-dimesional on offence as the Pack were 5-1.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May be we should trade our cheerleaders for the Tampa Bay Cheerleaders.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady P. just looks totally lost in the passing game.
Maybe we have to play more nickel if we can't find linebacker help.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think TT is going to trade for a RB before Tuesday when the trade deadline happens. He's probably content letting our young quartet of RBs develop.

It'd be awesome if we did, but I can hopefully see us making a run at Turner in FA. I don't see the Lions trading Bell to a division rival.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers could mortgage the future for a running game this year.

There are alot of teams who are desperate for a QB and the Packers have a first rounder sittng on the bench with no sign of getting off soon.

I would not do it. But teams woud be interested. Ederrin James?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I do not see any move forthcoming. We are stuck with the hand we have been dealt.

I think we could, and should see improvement as the young backs learn and Morency returns to full health. We also need to get the OL healthy and blocking to open up some holes to get backs past the 1st level of the defense.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well since the deadline is tomorrow, probably not.. no one is far enough out of the race with HB's to spare that would deal them.. Ronnie Brown in Miami is about the only player out there on a team that has little chance to win a game or two.. other "bad" teams don't have viable depth to deal and have any impact.

Other issue.. the teams with some talent wasting away are in our division with MN and Lions.. no trade comming there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am confident that we'll see a positive change now that we'll be facing teams that are ranked outside the top 10 in rushing defense. we ran respectably against the #6 ranked Washington defense with two of our startin o-linemen out. i, for one, like what we have in Wynn and Mo. that's not to say that I don't think we shouldn't shell out for a FA RB in the offseason, but I don't hate what we've got.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
but I don't hate what we've got.

I don't hate what we have either.. but it is apparent that Wynn and especially Mo don't have the wiggle once they get past the LOS to break runs for alot of extra yards.. Mo and Wynn ran hard yesterday... but I thought I was going to throw a brick at the TV when Mo couldn't make anyone miss in the open field. Wynn has broke a couple of runs.. but it is apparent that he isn't an everydown workhorse because of conditioning or whatnot.. They justed don't seem to run with an attitude... speaking of which did anyone see Barber yesterday for the Cowboys, talk about running with a intention to punish the other team.. that is old school running.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless the philosophy of the offense is going to change and we flipflop to more running than passing I just don't see where this will help and am not sure the guys we have wouldn't do just fine if they did get the ball more.

When your 5-1 why would you even think about doing that? Do we need to run it better? Yes. Do we need to change the offense? No.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't think so.

Any LB that we get would need time to understand our scheme. That'd limit the amount of work that new LB would see.

The only other LB that could challenge Popp is Bishop. But not sure Bishop is capable of playing the SLB.

bishop can not be any worse than Brady!

Brady & bush are huge liabilities on the Packers defense!

Members online

Latest posts