1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

making a trade

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by billv, Oct 14, 2007.

1. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a lot of talk about trading for a RB. But is there anyway we can get a better linebacker than Brady P. I like the guy, but he's killing us on pass defense.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think so.

Any LB that we get would need time to understand our scheme. That'd limit the amount of work that new LB would see.

The only other LB that could challenge Popp is Bishop. But not sure Bishop is capable of playing the SLB.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's impossible for any team to really have no weakness unless your New England right now and even then I think they have some problems. Trading in mid season is not solving anything in my opinion unless we bring in Michael Turner or Marion Barber III.

I saw Cooley beat Bush, Bigby, Hawk, and Collins today too.

I also saw Cooley contained in the 2nd half for around 10 yards.

4. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Poppinga did make some nice plays today also. Other then pass coverage he's doing pretty well

5. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree we definitely need help on the secondary coverage, but even that pales in comparison to the help we need at RB. I must admit I can't remember the last time a team as one-dimesional on offence as the Pack were 5-1.

6. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How much money can we give Tiki Barber to come out of retirement???

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't think Poppinga had a bad game. Not every pass caught by the opponents' TE is his fault.

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We won't be making any moves for a RB.

9. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    May be we should trade our cheerleaders for the Tampa Bay Cheerleaders.

10. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1st round pick for Mewelde Moore? :D

11. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How about the 3rd, 4th, and the 7th Cheerleader for the Packers entire cheerleader squad?

12. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not gonna work.....Dome has artificial grass....what would the Pack cheerleaders graze on? :D

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Uh.....hmmm.....maybe the carcasses of all the Viking players??? :lol:

14. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brady P. just looks totally lost in the passing game.
    Maybe we have to play more nickel if we can't find linebacker help.

15. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I don't think TT is going to trade for a RB before Tuesday when the trade deadline happens. He's probably content letting our young quartet of RBs develop.

It'd be awesome if we did, but I can hopefully see us making a run at Turner in FA. I don't see the Lions trading Bell to a division rival.

16. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We would have to trade farve and our cheerleaders for the tampa bay cheerleaders There like the the new england pats of cheerleaders

17. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our 2007 number 1 pick should be worth something in a trade, right!

18. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    The packers could mortgage the future for a running game this year.

There are alot of teams who are desperate for a QB and the Packers have a first rounder sittng on the bench with no sign of getting off soon.

I would not do it. But teams woud be interested. Ederrin James?

19. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but I do not see any move forthcoming. We are stuck with the hand we have been dealt.

I think we could, and should see improvement as the young backs learn and Morency returns to full health. We also need to get the OL healthy and blocking to open up some holes to get backs past the 1st level of the defense.

20. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Well since the deadline is tomorrow, probably not.. no one is far enough out of the race with HB's to spare that would deal them.. Ronnie Brown in Miami is about the only player out there on a team that has little chance to win a game or two.. other "bad" teams don't have viable depth to deal and have any impact.

Other issue.. the teams with some talent wasting away are in our division with MN and Lions.. no trade comming there.

21. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i am confident that we'll see a positive change now that we'll be facing teams that are ranked outside the top 10 in rushing defense. we ran respectably against the #6 ranked Washington defense with two of our startin o-linemen out. i, for one, like what we have in Wynn and Mo. that's not to say that I don't think we shouldn't shell out for a FA RB in the offseason, but I don't hate what we've got.

22. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I don't hate what we have either.. but it is apparent that Wynn and especially Mo don't have the wiggle once they get past the LOS to break runs for alot of extra yards.. Mo and Wynn ran hard yesterday... but I thought I was going to throw a brick at the TV when Mo couldn't make anyone miss in the open field. Wynn has broke a couple of runs.. but it is apparent that he isn't an everydown workhorse because of conditioning or whatnot.. They justed don't seem to run with an attitude... speaking of which did anyone see Barber yesterday for the Cowboys, talk about running with a intention to punish the other team.. that is old school running.

23. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I say we trade a 1st rounder for Turner.

24. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Unless the philosophy of the offense is going to change and we flipflop to more running than passing I just don't see where this will help and am not sure the guys we have wouldn't do just fine if they did get the ball more.

When your 5-1 why would you even think about doing that? Do we need to run it better? Yes. Do we need to change the offense? No.

25. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    bishop can not be any worse than Brady!

Brady & bush are huge liabilities on the Packers defense!