Lose SB or NFC Champ game...which is worse?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all feel like we've been kicked in the gut this morning, so I was thinking...lets say that the Packers pulled out a victory yesterday, but then went on to lose in the SB...which do you think is/would have been more demoralizing for fans/players?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure...all I know is that this game hurts bad. I think b/c the Packers are the better team but didn't play like it. At least losing to the Patriots, one could say, "hell, nobody else beat them either"...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we had to lose glad it happend now it hurts and yea it would have been nice to win the tiltle of north but i would hate to lose to brady

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I'd say Superbowl, but I think losing to a team that shouldn't have beaten us in this game is FAR worse then getting to the superbowl and losing to an 18-0 team.. and who knows maybe the upset could have happened, sadly we will never know now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all feel like we've been kicked in the gut this morning, so I was thinking...lets say that the Packers pulled out a victory yesterday, but then went on to lose in the SB...which do you think is/would have been more demoralizing for fans/players?

Actually, it's better to lose the CG. Losing the SB is cursed. In the 2000s, I think only one team that lost the SB even returned to the playoffs the next year. But a few teams who lost in the CB went on to win the SB.

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in the Conference Championship is worst THIS YEAR. If we would've losted in the SB, we would've lost to "The Best Team ever". But we losted to a Giants team that we could probably beat 7 outta 10 times.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in the Conference Championship is worst THIS YEAR. If we would've losted in the SB, we would've lost to "The Best Team ever". But we losted to a Giants team that we could probably beat 7 outta 10 times.

:D Thanks for the post and I'm not trying to make fun of you..."losted" is just funny right now. Didn't think I could laugh today...thanks (I mean that).

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The higher the stakes, the more the loss hurts, at least in the short term. But when you look back on the season after some time has gone by, I think it's always better to have gone farther. There are more good memories and more positive things to build on. That's just me, though.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think winning the NFC would be better, either way we got beat and it hurts.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say losing the SuperBowl would hurt more. If I have to choose between losing the NFC Championship to the 9 Game Win Streak Giants, and losing the Superbowl to the undefeated Patriots... I'd much rather see the Giants getting their ***** kicked in Superbowl highlights for the next half-century than the Packers. I still get upset when I watch the highlights from the Superbowl we lost to the Broncos.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing the NFC game is worse for me. I still believe today, that we were a better team than the Giants. We beat ourselves. Yes the Giants deserve to go to the SB. But going to the SB and losing, i would know for a fact that we were beat by the best team in NFL for quite a long while. So it hurt me more to lose this game because we really didnt show up and in my opinion we were better on almost all fronts.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think it has so much to do with the game. but for me, i think losing the NFC championship to the Giants, a team that I think aren't as good as the Packers, would be harder on me than losing to the Pats, a team that i think is better than the Packers... and everyone else, in the SB

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which would you folks rather take in a tournament of any kind? 2nd or 3rd?

Therein lies the answer.

Slagathor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither really, sure it would have been nice to go to the SB, but think about it, who thought we would get this far???

They lost yes, it sucks yes, but come on, 4 wins, then the next year 8 wins, then 14 wins, absolutly nothing to hang your head about here......

Look out next year.......
Packers 19-0

hawaii50

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it sucks either way, I would have rather lost in the superbowl THIS year. As another poster mentioned, we would have lost to the "best team ever", and it would have been fun to watch b/c we would have been huge underdogs with (maybe a personal bias) an actual chance to win the game. Like other here, i thought (and still think) that we are a better team than the giants. But they outplayed us, outcoached us, and deserved to win the game yesterday.

Another reason why I'd rather lose in the superbowl is that for the next two weeks, i can't watch espn or nfl network because all they're gonna show or talk about is the GIANTS in the superbowl...and my bitterness that it should be the PACKERS in the superbowl is going to drive me crazy. If we lost in the superbowl, they'd talk about it for a few days and it would be over. I was also looking forward to the 2-week long frenzy of articles and packer coverage. what am i going to do now?

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather lose in the superbowl to the best team ever, than the NFC to the Giants who made it this far with part luck, part us not playing it best and part bad calls.

Jake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You nailed it, Hawaii50. This was a game we could have and should have won. We gave it away on a silver platter, and in the process probably sent waves of doubt about the Packers talent across the country. I'd like to make the guarantee that we'll be back next year, but as Woodson said in his postgame, you just don't know until next year.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but going down in history as the team that lost the Superbowl to the undefeated Patriots doesn't really have a nice ring to it.

slowsinistermo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO....THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THAT LOSING IN THE SUPER BOWL WOULD BE AS BAD AS THIS, WE WERE FAVORED AT LAMBEAU WITH FAVRE AND IN THE SUPER BOWL WE WOULD HAVE BEEN HUGE UNDERDOGS, AND I WOULD NOT MIND A LOSS BUT SIMPLY EXPECT IT......It costs all of us the chance of watching 1 more game played by the packers, and potentially the first or last chance for some of us to see them in the Super Bowl. i knew we would probably lose, but i just wanted to watch them in the super bowl and would have loved it

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no point in watching a game if you "expect" to lose. Anyone who's seen the highlight reel from the Packers/Broncos Superbowl should know the feeling I'm talking about... you know the outcome of the game already... but you feel compelled to watch. And at the end, you feel just as ****** as you did when you saw it live. It sucks!

So, rather than seeing the Packers make it all the way to the big show, only to be dominated by a team going down in NFL history as the first to go 18-0 (so far, possibly 19-0 in two weeks) and having to watch Green and Gold get blown up in the Superbowl highlights for the rest of my life. I'd much rather have them go out now. Get fired up for next season, knowing that they played a ****** game, come back and whoop some *** in 2008. That's just my take on it. I'm done here :)

LindyInfante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather be the Kings of something(NFC) than just another team watching the Superbowl from home. Even if it is the weaker conference, Being the NFC champions is at least an accomplishment. Winning one playoff game and then choking at home is not.!!!!

Reaction score
I'd have rather lost the Conference Championship game.

Why? Something likle 6 of the last 7 teams to lose in the Superbowl didn't make the playoffs the next year. That's kinda freaky.