Which was worse?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we're 1-4 in conference championship games.

I won't even bring up Seattle b/c we all know that that is by far the most painful, but which one is worse. This years lost or the one last year? Tbh I feel this one is worse because we had blown so many opportunities to win. And then that flag at the end was icing on the cake. I'm just deflated right now. This one stings.

Last edited:

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we're 1-3 in conference championship games.

I won't even bring up Seattle b/c we all know that that is by far the most painful, but which one is worse. This years lost or the one last year? Tbh I feel this one is worse because we had blown so many opportunities to win. And then that flag at the end was icing on the cake. I'm just deflated right now. This one stings.

Last year, the 49ers just exploited our OBVIOUS weakness which was running Defense

This year, we just didn't make enough key plays on Offense...

You intercept Tom Brady 3 times in the 2nd half, that should be good enough to win

But Tom, as usual, made enough plays to just WIN.

I mean stats don't really matter in the playoffs.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I expected the Packers to be blown out at SF last year. This year I had hope that the Packers had finally fixed their defensive issues and could survive on offense with 1 good WR and some jags. The end of the first half and beginning of the second took a big ol' healthy dump on my hopes.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should be thankful we got Jay Cutler in the first one, otherwise it'd be 0-5.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean the NFCCG's with Atlanta and San Fran...those were honestly teams where we were playing over our heads and with house money

Today and 2014, we were the better team both times overall, but just couldn't make enough plays to win...and really that's all that matters. That's why you play the game

Can't blame the refs, calls, BS, etc... The "better team" LOST today and in 2014, but the only thing that matters is that the team that made enough/more plays to win won the game... and that's what happened in 2014 and today.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we had that CLUTCH Burnett interception in 2014 that we didn't get ANY POINTS off too that year, I forgot about that lol

Kind of like the 2 from J'Aire today lol

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we had that CLUTCH Burnett interception in 2014 that we didn't get ANY POINTS off too that year, I forgot about that lol

Kind of like the 2 from J'Aire today lol

Yeah Seattle game had 5 INTs and only 2 FGs. Similar to today.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are all bad. Team is soft and is mentally weak from top to bottom. If I'm Gute, heads should role for the last two minutes of the first half. It never happens, there is little accountability and the choking continues.

OP
OP
Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is close to 2014.
I agree. I'm gonna describe my feeling right now the best way I can. This was a very tough loss, and seeing it happen again and again, it's deflating. And that's how I feel right now. Deflated. Last year we got our ***** whooped, but this year? This year was our best chance.
We had everything. HFA. We were the best team. But it's the way we lost. We were clawing our way back into the game. We had opportunities, but we didn't capitalize. And then an opportunity stolen from us at the end.

It feels like you're so close to the finish line, only to have the rug pulled under you, and then as soon as you get back up, you get stabbed in the chest from out of nowhere. And now you're just on the ground bleeding out, wondering what just happened, and where did it all go wrong. And everything is becoming numb, and then the chill comes in, as the realization that it's all over sinks in.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I'm gonna describe my feeling right now the best way I can. This was a very tough loss, and seeing it happen again and again, it's deflating. And that's how I feel right now. Deflated. Last year we got our ***** whooped, but this year? This year was our best chance.
We had everything. HFA. We were the best team. But it's the way we lost. We were clawing our way back into the game. We had opportunities, but we didn't capitalize. And then an opportunity stolen from us at the end.

It feels like you're so close to the finish line, only to have the rug pulled under you, and then as soon as you get back up, you get stabbed in the chest from out of nowhere. And now you're just on the ground bleeding out, wondering what just happened, and where did it all go wrong. And everything is becoming numb, and then the chill comes in, as the realization that it's all over sinks in.

I totally feel you man... so many over the past 20+ years with Brett and AR now....

I mean can you believe that we've ONLY BEEN in 3 Super Bowls with 2 first ballot HOF, Top 15 QB of all time types????

It's actually kind of laughable at this point.

OP
OP
Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally feel you man... so many over the past 20+ years with Brett and AR now....

I mean can you believe that we've ONLY BEEN in 3 Super Bowls with 2 first ballot HOF, Top 15 QB of all time types????

It's actually kind of laughable at this point.
It's a cruel sick joke.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does AR have any desire to play for a team that takes the ball out of his hands down by 8 with 2 minutes left? Lafleur can call plays but is dense as a brick when it comes to managing a game. He's in over his head. He can beat the mediocre teams but gets his *** handed to him in big games.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to be an a** but we can say the same as MM and not winning games, but the only tangible consistent piece here is Aaron....

So either he is cursed or something

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can't that one year with Brett and MM, we're actually 1-5 as we lost to the Giants in the NFCCG in 2007 and MM was the HC that year so...

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one hurts a lot more. That decision to kick a field goal on 4th down with just over 2 minutes to go, and still needing a touchdown. Felt like surrender.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we're 1-4 in conference championship games.

It's comparable to 2014 mostly in that we didn't cash in off of turnovers the way we should have. And of course LaFleur had a Mike McCarthy type of moment when he just kicked the FG and didn't go for it. Just can't do that in a game like this.

Think the toughest thing about it was just not getting to take advantage of being at home and rewarding the fans who were able to attend. Green Bay hasn't gotten to experience the thrill of hoisting the Halas trophy in the stadium since 1996 when they won that one.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was worse. We had the game and dug out own grave. We got all the breaks and didn't do nothing.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one hurts a lot more. That decision to kick a field goal on 4th down with just over 2 minutes to go, and still needing a touchdown. Felt like surrender.
Maybe Rodgers should have run it in for the td, then the 4th down would have never happened.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one definitely. Although I didn't think we'd win today, it wasn't like we had no chance. We had no chance of beating the Niners last year so I was prepared for losing that game.

Members online

Latest posts