Which was worse?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranking the worst losses of the Rodgers era.

1. Seattle 2014. This is by far the worst, because we dominated that game and I think the 2014 team was one of the best we've had.
2. Today.
3. Falcons 2016
4. Giants 2011
5. Cardinals 2009
6. SF 2019
7. SF 2012
8. Cardinals 2015- We would have been blown out by Carolina even if we won.
9. SF 2013- It was a close game, but we really had no business even being the playoffs that year.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ranking the worst losses of the Rodgers era.

1. Seattle 2014. This is by far the worst, because we dominated that game and I think the 2014 team was one of the best we've had.
2. Today.
3. Falcons 2016
4. Giants 2011
5. Cardinals 2009
6. SF 2019
7. SF 2012
8. Cardinals 2015- We would have been blown out by Carolina even if we won.
9. SF 2013- It was a close game, but we really had no business even being the playoffs that year.

Don't forget we had 5 interceptions in the 2014 game too LOL

...we only had 3 today

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and Savage getting bumped out of the way by Godwin on that duck from Brady would have been 5.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I'm even more depressed after watching the Rodgers post game interview.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is very comparable to 2014 because the Rodgers run is nearing the end. The events that happened in that 2014 game were worse but everything outside of that would say this game is more devastating. Best team we've had in a long time. At Lambeau vs Brady too. It will take me a long time to even care about 2021 season, just feel like we can't finish it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Last year, the 49ers just exploited our OBVIOUS weakness which was running Defense

This year, we just didn't make enough key plays on Offense...

You intercept Tom Brady 3 times in the 2nd half, that should be good enough to win

But Tom, as usual, made enough plays to just WIN.

I mean stats don't really matter in the playoffs.

That right there, the 3 INTs, should have sealed the deal for them. Crazy it didnt.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This one is much worse than last year's because the Packers are the better team. Their own mistakes and the egregious malpractice of the officials cost them a game they should have won.

I am not saying that they would have absolutely beaten the Chiefs, but they would have had a shot. This team was legitimately good enough, whereas last year really hit a firm ceiling in the NFCCG.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was much worse. This team was playing good ball going into the playoffs and actually had the talent to win it. Poor execution and no run game killed us. I couldn’t figure out why Dillon wasn’t a bigger part of the plan today.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe Rodgers should have run it in for the td, then the 4th down would have never happened.

I highly doubt Rodgers would have been able to score but he could have moved the ball closer to the end zone, possibly resulting in MLF deciding to go for it.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally feel you man... so many over the past 20+ years with Brett and AR now....

I mean can you believe that we've ONLY BEEN in 3 Super Bowls with 2 first ballot HOF, Top 15 QB of all time types????

It's actually kind of laughable at this point.

no, no-one has mentioned it before

This one hurts a lot more. That decision to kick a field goal on 4th down with just over 2 minutes to go, and still needing a touchdown. Felt like surrender.

you must be pretty used to the disappointment after the last few years though, hugely disappointing to still be in league 1. as a Scottish Sunderland fan, imagine my disappointments for over 20 yrs

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
4 in a row no less. Yet, losing IN the Super Bowl in 98 is still the big kick in the berries. So would our defense have stopped KC?

OP
OP
Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 in a row no less. Yet, losing IN the Super Bowl in 98 is still the big kick in the berries. So would our defense have stopped KC?
About as much as KC would do at stopping our offense I think. If Mahomes ends up torching The Bucs I'm gonna be pissed.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not a chance.

But I think our offense would've racked up the points on their defense.

So it could've went down to the wire.

Oh well.

Guess it doesn't matter now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2014 and 2019 were much worse IMO. I enjoyed Sunday's game from a fan perspective. The game was close until the final minutes. The San Francisco blowout in 2019 made us sit through 60 minutes of torture. The 2014 game seemed like we were the victors, until Clay Matthews started high-fiving everyone on the sidelines and thus angering the football gods. That loss was a gut punch. Yesterday's 2020 loss was just a good 'ol punch to the face. It hurt but in a manly way.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers should have run it in for the td, then the 4th down would have never happened.

I'm not sure he'd have reached the goal line, there was a linebacker (White I think) with eyes on him, but he'd have got to the 3-4 yard line at least. But not going for it on 4th down regardless makes me feel the same way Bostick in 2014 did.

you must be pretty used to the disappointment after the last few years though, hugely disappointing to still be in league 1. as a Scottish Sunderland fan, imagine my disappointments for over 20 yrs

Packers in the NFC Championship is like Sunderland at Wembley mate.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one I had no real expectation of getting a SB last year the 49ers and Chiefs both looked to be clearly better teams that wasn't the case this game we just shot ourselves in the foot.

The entire first half we could not stop them on 3rd down and that in essence hail mary at the end of the half was disgusting.
We also had a lot of costly drops.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year they got smoked a couple of times in the regular season and really felt like pretenders, this season they really started to look like a Super Bowl team down the stretch. This hurts like 2014 did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts