Lions pre game chatter

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions, 4 losses by 14 points against some pretty good teams; 2 blow-out losses to N. Eng and Dallas. When Goff throws the ball around for yardage and TD's they are going to be in the game. Likely that GB D can hold them but in a shootout, who knows.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I would love for this to be the 38-17 game we've all been waiting for.

No reason for the offense not to have its way against their awful defense. And if the Packers can't figure out a way to bottle up Jared Goff...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for this to be the 38-17 game we've all been waiting for.

No reason for the offense not to have its way against their awful defense. And if the Packers can't figure out a way to bottle up Jared Goff...
Goff is playing pretty well, and has a lot of outlets to throw to. He may make a boneheaded play or two, but they will score points. This has shootout potential and Detroit can very well beat the Packers. Jamaal Williams is playing well, definitely better than Dillon this year - so even if Swift isn't at 100% that run game can keep Rodgers on the sidelines.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throw my hands up and hope. Hope that our vaunted run D can stop the Leoans in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but w a DC that cannot adjust, I rather doubt it. Barry should already be gone with the hand he has been dealt.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re going to keep that Offense to a soft roar and Beat them like Rocky on a slab of refrigerated Beef!

I apologize. I got a little excited there for a second. I think we can take ‘em :)
I think we have a decent chance. But we have yo score more than they do no matter what.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Throw my hands up and hope. Hope that our vaunted run D can stop the Leoans in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but w a DC that cannot adjust, I rather doubt it. Barry should already be gone with the hand he has been dealt.

What bothers me with the Barry situation, and I don't believe it's all his fault but he plays a big part in it, is that this week is the second time I've been reading about rumblings from the players on defense about the calls game plan and adjustments on D. Then when asked if he's considering a change at the coordinator, MLF basically says he won't even consider it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff is playing pretty well, and has a lot of outlets to throw to. He may make a boneheaded play or two, but they will score points. This has shootout potential and Detroit can very well beat the Packers. Jamaal Williams is playing well, definitely better than Dillon this year - so even if Swift isn't at 100% that run game can keep Rodgers on the sidelines.

To be fair they're playing quite similar really from a production standpoint - the only big difference is touches in the redzone...but if you removed TDs from the equation:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one side it's the movable object (Packers' defense) vs the unstoppable force (Lions' offense). On the other side it's the confusing mystery (Packer's offense) vs the non-existent object (Lion's offense).

The Packers should win, but I could also see a scenario where Joe Barry puts Jaire on Josh Reynolds and Amon-Ra goes off for 200+ against Eric Stokes and the Packers lose 24-35.

I expect the Packers to run the heck out of the ball against a rush defense that's actually worse than the Packers, control the game, and win by a TD.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair they're playing quite similar really from a production standpoint - the only big difference is touches in the redzone...but if you removed TDs from the equation:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Glad we spent that second-round pick on a carbon copy of Jamal Williams! Seriously though, what the heck happened to Dillon? Did the massive workload in college finally catch up to him? He was really good last year but he's been pretty bad this year (for a second-round pick).

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goff & their offense are capable of putting up a lot of points on anybody. Hopefully AR can get this offense clicking & keep up. Our D-line needs to apply steady pressure & get home a few times to force punts. Tonyan due for a huge game which should free-up Doubs & Watkins in the 2nd half for a few scores. Will be a nail-biter, so refill your heart meds tomorrow! ;)
Packers 38 - Lions 31

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad we spent that second-round pick on a carbon copy of Jamal Williams! Seriously though, what the heck happened to Dillon? Did the massive workload in college finally catch up to him? He was really good last year but he's been pretty bad this year (for a second-round pick).

The entire offense is struggling and with it many are going as well. Everyone knows I was in the camp of fiscal responsibility said to keep Jamaal and let Jones go since we drafted Dillon...BUT I also being a fan of Dillon still didn't feel we should have drafted him given at the time who we had already on the roster with Jamaal and Aaron.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire offense is struggling and with it many are going as well. Everyone knows I was in the camp of fiscal responsibility said to keep Jamaal and let Jones go since we drafted Dillon...BUT I also being a fan of Dillon still didn't feel we should have drafted him given at the time who we had already on the roster with Jamaal and Aaron.

I agree to a point but Aaron Jones isn't struggling to the extent that Dillon is, so it can't just be the offensive line or the offense as a whole. I also fully agree on not being a fan of wasting a 2nd round pick on a running back.

Reaction score
Goff & their offense are capable of putting up a lot of points on anybody. Hopefully AR can get this offense clicking & keep up. Our D-line needs to apply steady pressure & get home a few times to force punts. Tonyan due for a huge game which should free-up Doubs & Watkins in the 2nd half for a few scores. Will be a nail-biter, so refill your heart meds tomorrow! ;)
Packers 38 - Lions 31
Well let’s hope we can do what’s the Dolphins, Cowboys and Patriots have done the last 3 weeks.
33pts total- 11 points per game
With our high affluent 18.5 points per game Offense this should be a 2 score Win!
Lions 11 Packers 18.5 :)

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree to a point but Aaron Jones isn't struggling to the extent that Dillon is, so it can't just be the offensive line or the offense as a whole. I also fully agree on not being a fan of wasting a 2nd round pick on a running back.
I think Dillon was drafted to push piles, but he's getting caught at the line it seems or not breaking tackles. I suspect it's an injury, or the accumulation of several minor injuries holding him back. But he doesn't look fast or strong on some runs. Others, he seems to have burst so I dunno. I am actually hoping we see Kylin Hill make some plays.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
On one side it's the movable object (Packers' defense) vs the unstoppable force (Lions' offense). On the other side it's the confusing mystery (Packer's offense) vs the non-existent object (Lion's offense).

The Packers should win, but I could also see a scenario where Joe Barry puts Jaire on Josh Reynolds and Amon-Ra goes off for 200+ against Eric Stokes and the Packers lose 24-35.

I expect the Packers to run the heck out of the ball against a rush defense that's actually worse than the Packers, control the game, and win by a TD.
Lol, the "Unstoppable force" of the Lions offense is averaging 11 points a game over their last 3 games.

Reaction score
Dillon's burst looked more normal this last week against Bills actually I thought. Entirely different back to my eye.
Dillon is Dillon. Give him an initial good block and he’s going to rumble for 6 yards. If he’s getting confronted -1 yards behind LOS he’ll generally get you your 1 yard bsvk and plus 1 (instead of a more typical -1)

#33 is going to take that -1 and end -1 in short yardage. But often Jones has better vision and possesses an almost authoritative sense in finding the best Avenue to maximizing a Run. He’ll take that 6 yard Run Dillon had and turn it into 11 yards or bust it for 25 if you’re not careful.

#33 (4TD)is ahead of Dalvin Cook (5TD) in Rushing and All Purpose with just 1 more target, but 94 more total yards

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon is Dillon. Give him an initial good block and he’s going to rumble for 6 yards. If he’s getting confronted -1 yards behind LOS he’ll generally get you your 1 yard instead of a -1

1000%. You get just the initial blocking assignments that man will give you minimum four yards I bet, MINIMUM. He gets two/three full strides going and not a lot of human beings will stop him cold. He is not one to make a hole with wiggle like Jones or similar backs...but all of them cannot fall forward with Aaron Donald tackling them either.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Both Jones and Williams contracts were expiring after the 20 season. That is why Dillon was chosen in the 20 draft to replace one of them in the 21 season. Standard draft procedure for the Packers through the Gutekunst/Thompson eras.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Jones and Williams contracts were expiring after the 20 season. That is why Dillon was chosen in the 20 draft to replace one of them in the 21 season. Standard draft procedure for the Packers through the Gutekunst/Thompson eras.

Oh I understood getting a RB draft pick, and I was actually high on Dillon, but I was not a fan of taking a RB that early - I understood the logic of it however for sure.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I understood getting a RB draft pick, and I was actually high on Dillon, but I was not a fan of taking a RB that early - I understood the logic of it however for sure.
I really had NO problem with the Dillon pick at that spot. The 2 picks that were unmitigated disasters were Love in the 1st and Deguara in the 3rd.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really had NO problem with the Dillon pick at that spot. The 2 picks that were unmitigated disasters were Love in the 1st and Deguara in the 3rd.
I think the jury is still out. They need to throw to Deguara.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last 3 games notwithstanding, I hope the defense shows up, I also think that the TJH loss will affect their pass game pretty significantly. Run, run, run better be their offensive scheme this game. The Lions can't shutdown anyone defensively, so I hope they use the run to setup the pass. Doubs is progressing but for now we can't expect a passing game like years past.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts