Lions Home/Road

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we beat Detroit? I’m envisioning a FA signing to boost the Offense. Possibly even OBJ or another veteran depth option.
OR, if things go as they usually do, OBJ or another veteran teases that they want to come to Green Bay, only to be revealed that they were using us to drive the price up for another team to sign them.

Reaction score
The 2011 New York Giants are currently the team with the worst regular season record to have won the Super Bowl at 9-7. Therefore no team which has lost eight games in a season has won it so far.
Ok. Yet we were a 6th seed when we won our last Super Bowl.

There’s an old saying. Everyone in the Playoffs are 0-0

I know this might sound strange (because it is). I often wonder if homefield advantage or bye weeks in the playoffs have softened our resolve?

D

Deleted member 6794

OR, if things go as they usually do, OBJ or another veteran teases that they want to come to Green Bay, only to be revealed that they were using us to drive the price up for another team to sign them.

As mentioned in another thread, there's no wiggle room for negotiations for postseason compensation.

D

Deleted member 6794

Interesting. What's the rationale for that?

The compensation for playoff games is preset in the CBA.

Players on a division winner receive $46.5K to play in the wild card round, the ones on teams that didn't win their division $41.5K.

In addition players get paid $46.5K playing in the Divisional round, $69K in the conference championship and another $82K in the Super Bowl. The players on the winning team get an additional $75K this season.

There's no room for negotiating any of that as the contracts signed by the players solely include pay for regular season weeks.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition players get paid $46.5K playing in the Divisional round, $69K in the conference championship and another $82K in the Super Bowl. The players on the winning team get an additional $75K this season.

There's no room for negotiating any of that as the contracts signed by the players solely include pay for regular season weeks.
So that would mean Aaron Rodgers earns the same amount as anyone else on the team?
There can be no individual incentive clauses for getting further in the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The compensation for playoff games is preset in the CBA.

Players on a division winner receive $46.5K to play in the wild card round, the ones on teams that didn't win their division $41.5K.

No signing bonus or other guaranteed $$$$$$$?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Players can have that worked into contract

Brady had one in 2021 for 500k if made the playoffs

500,000 if playoffs are made
$750,000 wild card round win
$1.25 million Divisional round win
$1.75 million Conference Championship win
$2.25 million Super Bowl win

D

Deleted member 6794

So that would mean Aaron Rodgers earns the same amount as anyone else on the team?
There can be no individual incentive clauses for getting further in the playoffs, or winning the Super Bowl?

Correct, Rodgers earns the same amount of money playing in a playoff game than every other player on the roster.

It's allowed to agree to incentives in a contract (my bad, I got that wrong in one of my previous posts) but hardly any player has such bonuses included in their deal.

The Packers could offer OBJ a deal running through next season which includes a signing bonus or guaranteed money but as far as I know not solely for this year's playoffs.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2011 New York Giants are currently the team with the worst regular season record to have won the Super Bowl at 9-7. Therefore no team which has lost eight games in a season has won it so far.
So the odds are really against the Packers.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most interesting would be if the pack gets in and OBJ signs. Would remind me of bad moon back in the day - but he played some games previous to playoff time. My gut tells me OBJ's knee isnt fully healed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The most interesting would be if the pack gets in and OBJ signs. Would remind me of bad moon back in the day - but he played some games previous to playoff time. My gut tells me OBJ's knee isnt fully healed.
So he gets one week to adjust?

McCaffrey was able to adjust and he did it well. But he was healthy. My guess is he isnt healthy yet

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
A few years back, didn't the Packers sign Tramon during the playoffs and then didn't activate him?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years back, didn't the Packers sign Tramon during the playoffs and then didn't activate him?
They did activate him before the playoff game against the Bucs, but he never got on the field for some reason. Instead Kevin King had 2 big mistakes in that game.

Members online

Latest posts