lets be optimistic for a change....

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, not ALL of us are. :)
Far as I can tell, you're a fallen-away-Packers-fan. Someday you'll wake up and realize the error of your ways, and return to the one true religion. Why stay in hell?:D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No intention to rebuke you. You're a good fan, and so are the people that are upset. Best just to state your case, whatever it is, and move on.

I know you by now JB ;). I took no offence. I was just being stupid.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What some of you need is a field trip. When you think your situation is really bad, it helps to take a field trip. Visit any Bear's fan forum, spend 20 minutes reading, and come back on Packerforum.com and tell us how bad we have it.

All is not perfect in Green and Gold land but there's more reason for optimism than there is on most teams in the NFL.

THAT... is quite simply a fact Jack.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
offense wasn't the problem, refs was calling momentum breaking calls. The Defense oh boy now thats another story, our inside LBs need to fill gaps and do a lot better. No pressure on the qb leaving the db's out to dry. through it all I'm loving the way HA HA is playing him and guion can't do it all.

Here is the prescription for "filling gaps".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Really? Again, why the need to try so hard to give other teams the benefit of the doubt but your own team none of that? You take the glass half full with the other team but always half empty with the Packers.

On the other side you take the glass completely full with the Packers and completely empty with all other teams.

Clearly it's the same mentality on that team given that Mosley even pulled that! If they were "way more disciplined" he wouldn't have pulled that. I suspect Ndamukong Suh's pending free agency probably has juuuuuusssst a little to do with his being a good little boy in Detroit. It's not exactly new news that guys hitting free agency are known to clean up their acts.

...and again... I didn't see anyone suggesting the Lions wouldn't be there at the end. Being there and winning it however are two different things. I'll say it again...and I've said it and been correct 100% of the time the past 3 years. The Lions, Bears and Falcons are all the most consistently over-rated teams in football. For some reason they're constantly kicked around as one of the leagues top teams and ones to watch out for...and it never happens! You can't even give me any legit reasons we should think it's a different team, other than some nebulous say nothing comment about "discipline".

I´ve never said anything about the Bears or Falcons, but I expected the Lions to compete with the Packers for the division crown before the season started. It´s kind of ignorant not realizing the Lions are a different team than over the last few years.

They´ve won three games in a row without Megatron (the last one vs. the Falcons without their top RB and all of their three TEs). The last two wins, coming back from huge deficits, showed the team has character. In addition their defense plays superb this season, leading the league in both yards and points allowed.

It´s really not that hard to understand this year´s Lions are a different team.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other side you take the glass completely full with the Packers and completely empty with all other teams.

I´ve never said anything about the Bears or Falcons, but I expected the Lions to compete with the Packers for the division crown before the season started. It´s kind of ignorant not realizing the Lions are a different team than over the last few years.

They´ve won three games in a row without Megatron (the last one vs. the Falcons without their top RB and all of their three TEs). The last two wins, coming back from huge deficits, showed the team has character. In addition their defense plays superb this season, leading the league in both yards and points allowed.

It´s really not that hard to understand this year´s Lions are a different team.

You really are comical. You are exactly the type of person that gets off on internet debates because it allows you to spew on and on and say nothing, other than little google generated comments. I've never seen anyone be so outspoken about things and say absolutely nothing most of the time.

The Falcons SUCK. As in S-U-C-K. The Lions better beat them! Did you happen to notice they barely did?!! It's "kind of ignorant" to think it's impressive that the Lions beat the Falcons in the final seconds of the game. (To say the least)

The Lions have been talked about by many for the past 4 years as "the" team to beat in our division. That's just a fact. It's been endless posts exactly like the ones you spew about them now. I suppose at some point over the next 30 years you will be right captaingooglmeister! lol What is the definition of insanity?

I won't be shocked in the least if the Lions lose 3 of their next 4 and I will be surprised if they win more than 2 of the next 4.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lions are different because they dont have the old mentality of their head coach---I said it before, they have one of the best def fronts in the league..They have talent on offense and like it or not..Stafford is a very good q.b

They beat the Falcons with out 4 of their starters...So it was kind of hard for them to win in the 1st place. Technically they should have lost, that 1st kick should have counted. But they still won

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions are different because they dont have the old mentality of their head coach---I said it before, they have one of the best def fronts in the league..They have talent on offense and like it or not..Stafford is a very good q.b

They beat the Falcons with out 4 of their starters...So it was kind of hard for them to win in the 1st place. Technically they should have lost, that 1st kick should have counted. But they still won

I'll believe it when they win the division and until then they are the Lions we've always known. I'm so confident that they can't do it that I'm really hoping they get Johnson back so the annual "the Lions are the team to beat" crowd can't use him as an excuse.

Ya...I agree Stafford is pretty good and Johnson is the best AND Sue is a beast. I still just don't see enough for me to think they're the new kings of this division. (Well... in large part because I think Stafford is no more than "pretty good" and they need more)

You are suggesting a 7-9 team is suddenly a totally different team simply because of a coach change and "attitude". I don't buy that and almost never does a coach change alone have that much impact. Yet, year after year here we are talking about how teams are suddenly "all that" because of a coach change. Fact is, the Lions are LUCKY they don't have 2 more loses. I have no problem calling that luck.

They perennially are pathetic in the second half of the season. They're 2-14 over the second half the past two years. The year before when they were in the playoffs they were only .500 in the last 8.

This is just a difference of opinion I guess. At the very least, I don't think there can be much debate that for every team you want to give me where a coach change turned a loser into a playoff team, I can give you 10 (or probably more) where the coach didn't do that. The facts would prove that some sort of team wide "attitude change" is a tad bit over-stated and nothing more than fan speak.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'll believe it when they win the division and until then they are the Lions we've always known. I'm so confident that they can't do it that I'm really hoping they get Johnson back so the annual "the Lions are the team to beat" crowd can't use him as an excuse.

Ya...I agree Stafford is pretty good and Johnson is the best AND Sue is a beast. I still just don't see enough for me to think they're the new kings of this division. (Well... in large part because I think Stafford is no more than "pretty good" and they need more)

You are suggesting a 7-9 team is suddenly a totally different team simply because of a coach change and "attitude". I don't buy that and almost never does a coach change alone have that much impact. Yet, year after year here we are talking about how teams are suddenly "all that" because of a coach change. Fact is, the Lions are LUCKY they don't have 2 more loses. I have no problem calling that luck.

They perennially are pathetic in the second half of the season. They're 2-14 over the second half the past two years. The year before when they were in the playoffs they were only .500 in the last 8.

This is just a difference of opinion I guess. At the very least, I don't think there can be much debate that for every team you want to give me where a coach change turned a loser into a playoff team, I can give you 10 (or probably more) where the coach didn't do that. The facts would prove that some sort of team wide "attitude change" is a tad bit over-stated and nothing more than fan speak.
I totally agree with LTF, the Lions were able to stockpile talent for a very long time always picking in the top half and at the top of the draft. Their former HC just didn't have what it takes to bring all that talent to fruition. Jim Caldwell is that kind of coach, he is a Superbowl winning coach and he has all the firepower he needs to get them there. They have two vulnerabilities. No run game and weak DB's. We have seen that front four dominate the line week after week, their O just hasn't put it all together yet. This definitely could come down to the last game, which suits me just fine. Keeps the season exciting and keeps the team challenged to the end.

You want examples of coaches who made an instant difference when they took over a team stockpiled with talent? just look at the 3 teams in the NFC west. 5 years ago that division was a joke, look at the Eagles, The Jets went to two AFC championships just after Ryan took over.

By the way, when did Sue start playing again, I thought she was on IR ;)

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What some of you need is a field trip. When you think your situation is really bad, it helps to take a field trip. Visit any Bear's fan forum, spend 20 minutes reading, and come back on Packerforum.com and tell us how bad we have it.

All is not perfect in Green and Gold land but there's more reason for optimism than there is on most teams in the NFL.

THAT... is quite simply a fact Jack.

It is funny that you mention that because just light not I went to a Chicago Blackhawks game at the United Center in lower lever corporate suite. Yes, I am a fan of Chicago sports team for no other reason that geographical proximity. Anyway, was at the hotel getting ready, threw on my obscure Bryan Bickell jersey and by pure habit threw on my Packers hat without even thinking about it, which was extremely funny going in and getting the same greeting over and over again...

"Hey how you doing? Great jersey, wtf is that on your head?"

Needless to say the suite was full of Bears fans and I am telling you, that is a completely demoralized fan base, they KNOW, they are going no where with Cutler at QB and are completely respectful, in awe, and jealous of the QB play they have had to face from Packers over the past 30 years, and especially of Rodgers.

These guys know they should be better, Marshall, Jeffries, Bennet, Forte, the Bears are football team that should be winning ball games, but they are not and all the bears fans I talked to consider their season over all ready.

So ya, we all recognize there are quite a few issues with the Packers but at least we know that if we can get the defensive woes fixed in the next 4-6 years, another SB win is very probable, the guys I talked to know they have no chance because of their QB.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is funny that you mention that because just light not I went to a Chicago Blackhawks game at the United Center in lower lever corporate suite. Yes, I am a fan of Chicago sports team for no other reason that geographical proximity. Anyway, was at the hotel getting ready, threw on my obscure Bryan Bickell jersey and by pure habit threw on my Packers hat without even thinking about it, which was extremely funny going in and getting the same greeting over and over again...

"Hey how you doing? Great jersey, wtf is that on your head?"

Needless to say the suite was full of Bears fans and I am telling you, that is a completely demoralized fan base, they KNOW, they are going no where with Cutler at QB and are completely respectful, in awe, and jealous of the QB play they have had to face from Packers over the past 30 years, and especially of Rodgers.

These guys know they should be better, Marshall, Jeffries, Bennet, Forte, the Bears are football team that should be winning ball games, but they are not and all the bears fans I talked to consider their season over all ready.

So ya, we all recognize there are quite a few issues with the Packers but at least we know that if we can get the defensive woes fixed in the next 4-6 years, another SB win is very probable, the guys I talked to know they have no chance because of their QB.

Yep! I still maintain that it's just a common theme for fans to anoint players (and teams) before they prove themselves and they'll do it more quickly when talking about an opposing team than their own team, which is kind of odd. It's not just Jay and the QB. Jeffries was the second coming of Jerry Rice and Marshall was supposed to be All World the past few years. It is the SAME EXACT THEME guys are now talking about with the Lions that they were talking about with the Bears in the recent past.

It really is amusing to listen to. Some of us were mocked for saying we didn't believe the Bears would be nearly the team some were trying to tell us they would be. All I am saying now is, it would be wise to temper comments about this Lions team before they do anything. They have a he## of a lot more to do before they prove anything.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with LTF, the Lions were able to stockpile talent for a very long time always picking in the top half and at the top of the draft. Their former HC just didn't have what it takes to bring all that talent to fruition. Jim Caldwell is that kind of coach, he is a Superbowl winning coach and he has all the firepower he needs to get them there. They have two vulnerabilities. No run game and weak DB's. We have seen that front four dominate the line week after week, their O just hasn't put it all together yet. This definitely could come down to the last game, which suits me just fine. Keeps the season exciting and keeps the team challenged to the end.

You want examples of coaches who made an instant difference when they took over a team stockpiled with talent? just look at the 3 teams in the NFC west. 5 years ago that division was a joke, look at the Eagles, The Jets went to two AFC championships just after Ryan took over.

? The Jets are very possibly the worst team in the NFL and Ryan is going to get fired. It's also a tad bit disingenuous to suggest he played such a major role in that teams turn around when he took over. That was a very different team.

The two biggest stories in the NFL this year regarding coaches that have locker rooms in big trouble come out of the NFC west with Seattle and San Fran. The Eagles? Ummmm....OK...what are we looking at?

H

HardRightEdge

Here is the prescription for "filling gaps".

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
A middle-of-the-field enforcer is what the doctor ordered. There's a strong bias in the league against 5'11" LBs so he should be available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Coaching in the NFC West has probably helped, but I'd argue much better QB play for the Seahwaks and 49ers has helped more with getting good quickly.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
? The Jets are very possibly the worst team in the NFL and Ryan is going to get fired. It's also a tad bit disingenuous to suggest he played such a major role in that teams turn around when he took over. That was a very different team.

The two biggest stories in the NFL this year regarding coaches that have locker rooms in big trouble come out of the NFC west with Seattle and San Fran. The Eagles? Ummmm....OK...what are we looking at?

We had a class in basic training called "Rumors and Propaganda" anytime is see stories about locker room issues I chalk it up to that. unless you are in that locker room you don't know what the hell is going on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All I am saying now is, it would be wise to temper comments about this Lions team before they do anything. They have a he## of a lot more to do before they prove anything.

Dont think anyone is crowning the Lions in anything..

Simply stating this team has a diff head coach who isnt allowing his players to be idiots..

It is okay for people to praise other teams right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that the Packers still have a shot at getting into the P S.
But watching the beat down against the Taints was a reality check for me.
It showed me that they are beatable and now raises doubts that were napping before.
That and their recent history of losing PO games, especially at Lambeau, the last few times doesn't leave me with much hope to see them get into the SB.
I really, really want to be proven wrong on this.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a class in basic training called "Rumors and Propaganda" anytime is see stories about locker room issues I chalk it up to that. unless you are in that locker room you don't know what the hell is going on.

Ya...I get that... but the issues in Seattle and San Fran are real. Especially Seattle... it's bad. Have you read anything at all about that?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont think anyone is crowning the Lions in anything..

Simply stating this team has a diff head coach who isnt allowing his players to be idiots..

It is okay for people to praise other teams right?

ya LTF. :rolleyes: It's okay to praise other teams. I often do it.

Is it okay to point out facts to dispute somebodies opinion? Captaingooglemeister tends to make these idiotic statements where he thinks his "opinion" is "fact" and anyone that disputes it he calls names.

I'll say it again. The Lions are a horrible second half team. The Lions are lucky to be 6-2. This Lions roster is basically the same roster that went 5-3 to start the year last year before pizzez down their legs the second half like they do every year and finishing 7-9.

I'm actually a big Matthew Stafford fan but even with the best receiver in the game, he's proven that more often than not he's not able to put the team on his back and that's what they need. He's a good QB but not a guy that frightens anyone like Brees, Rodgers or Manning. He's just not.

Sooooooooooooooooo.... I think there's all the evidence in the world to suggest that of the two opinions regarding the Lions, it's a greater reach to suggest they'll win the division than it is that they won't. The only thing to point to, regarding some major reason why they would win it, is some hyperbole fan speak about a new "attitude".

Vegas has them 25/1 for the Superbowl and the Pack 10/1. Guess they aren't quite willing to lay their money on that Lions new and exciting "attitude". I am...of course... just sayin.