Letroy Guion expected to sign 1 yr deal with Pack

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Release him. That's it. We aren't like other teams who are willing to keep child abusers, woman abusers, druggies etc... I would like to think the Packers are a bit more classy than that.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest thing to take from this is it just got a little easier to sign Cobb, Bulaga, and either House or Williams - maybe even both.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Release him. That's it. We aren't like other teams who are willing to keep child abusers, woman abusers, druggies etc... I would like to think the Packers are a bit more classy than that.

As a poster pointed out earlier, we brought back Jolly who had drug charges and kept Walden who beat his girlfriend.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT will let this thing play out and then make the decision of whether or not to offer him a new contract. It looks sketchy but maybe he was just going to a party and had money for the bottle service and strip club. I can't imagine this guy needs the weed dealing money. He most likely was planning on smoking the whole bag with his crew.

This should lower the contract offer quite a bit if he gets one. He seemed to be well liked by the players and staff so I doubt they will just kick him to the curb like that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I can see a plea deal down on the drug charge, which will wipe out the gun charge, and even possibly a pre trial intervention program since it is his first offense.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weed, on the other hand, can only be gotten away with in Colorado or Washington.

And Alaska now too. I haven't done any pot in 40 years, but a plant being illegal is just plain stupid. Maybe the NFL should get in front of things and announce that they are going to stop persecuting people for possessing a God made plant

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the NFL could magically ID every player that smokes pot during any given year (testing for pot and other street drugs ceases once the season begins) I would guess that half the league (includ

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember SMOKIN Joe Johnson (?) got stopped on the interstate in his caddie with some pot, they wrote him a ticket and sent him on his way..,, when it came court time his defense was...."huh?.....wasn't me?!?!?.....musta been some gigantic guy that LOOKED like me that temporarily stole my car without me knowing it"..... Unfortunately for him the judge was NOT on drugs that day...

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't look down on people who smoke weed. Honestly, that stuff should be legalized everywhere in America by now.

And so he had a gun too...so what. A lot of people own guns. I own several guns.

I hope we keep him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't look down on people that smoke weed either, though I do not. I think it's assinine that you can walk around with some stupid prescription from your doctor on any number of mood altering meds, drive, work, child care, etc and go buy a bottle of whiskey and drink till your passed out, but **** the mary jane and you're the devil :)

and the gun looks like it was in a hard case, so it's not like he was walking around gangsta style ready to pop caps. Having or not having a gun doesn't bother me either.

That amount of cash is a bit sketchy, but it isn't illegal to have money in this country and the more you have, the more illegal things it seems you can get away with. So kudos to him for that.

But you're FA looking to get a decent contract after a decent year. Why are you putting yourself in that position?

Anyway, I don't know all the details, could be a lot more to this, or maybe there isn't much to it and they're giving us just enough to make it look like there is a lot there and things pointing at him are actually close to zero. I'm in different on the odds they keep him or not. I know he'll be cheap at this point, vet minimum and if he can play (not suspended) i'm sure they can keep him on the straight and narrow for at least a year. If they let him go too, it's not as if he isn't replaceable.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Alaska now too. I haven't done any pot in 40 years, but a plant being illegal is just plain stupid. Maybe the NFL should get in front of things and announce that they are going to stop persecuting people for possessing a God made plant

I imagine we'll have to end up in the Atrium forum eventually, but for starters, is your argument that 'if it's found in nature, it's OK'? Also, I didn't see anything thus far about the NFL taking any action against Guion. If they do, it'll be because he's violated the law (whether the guns/drugs/cash/conduct should be illegal is another matter).

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cocaine comes from a plant so should that be legal too? And tobacco does too so should that be legal for all ages?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cocaine comes from a plant so should that be legal too? And tobacco does too so should that be legal for all ages?
cocaine is different than smoking some weed. Now if you want to talk Hash and Coke, that's more of a comparison. Much more processed. As for the coca leaf, they're chewed all the time by locals in South America. I did too, when I was down there. Coca tea is a big thing and it's like drinking coffee. Once you process the heck out of it, you get coke.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ***** Poppy is just a God made plant.
and poppy seeds are hugely popular and used in all sorts of baked goods. Again, it's processing the heck out of it to make heroine that makes it different and even then, i can get a prescription for any number of opiod drugs ( oxycontin, hydrocodone, methadone, Avinza, Codeine, etc) from a doctor and it's A OK for me to be walking around in the general population. Heck I can even mix them with some good muscle relaxers and walk around all buzzed up, no problem.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This actually could really work out in the Packer's favor. Poor publicity aside (as we maintain one of the most reputable reputations in the league), this could benefit the Packers. Here's why:

Ted Thompson was looking at what I am sure is a large contract for this guy. Was he a great addition to the team? Yes. Are there better options in the FA market/draft? Yes. The Packer's tend to keep personnel internal and rarely enter the free agent market. When we have, it has worked (Guion, Peppers and Woodson). With B.J. Raji coming off of a biceps tear and a few quiet seasons, I think it is safe to say that he will not be a Packer next year, or he takes a huge pay cut opening almost 3-4 million to go after a strong veteran, run stuffing nose tackle like Terrance Knighton from Denver or Damon Harrison from Jets. But remember, we have Mike Daniel's, who is young and has played some solid football the past 3 years. This is also a great year for the defensive line in this draft.

So let's assume we will play it conservative and not make any big signings in the FA. I have two words for Green Bay Packers fans: Danny Shelton. This kid could be exactly what we need at the position. Maybe a trade is in order or we luck out and the quarterback kick comes early or no one else needs a NT. Regardless, this is the guy we want. Malcom Brown a close second.

Unfortunately for us there are no real solid inside linebackers in FA. So taking Denzel Perryman in the 1st-2nd round would compliment our defensive scheme as well.

So, this leaves us plenty of room to resign the guys we need (Cobb, Bryan Bulgara, Tramon Williams and/or Davon House, Kuhn and Jarrett Bush), with some room in the budget to make 1-2 big signings. Imagine Jason Pierre Paul in green and yellow? Would cutting Tramon Williams to get a guy like Brandon Flowers or Darell Revis be a bad thing? Maybe we want to fully stock our offense and put Julius Thomas on the line? Losing Guion really may have opened up some great opportunities.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

This actually could really work out in the Packer's favor. Poor publicity aside (as we maintain one of the most reputable reputations in the league), this could benefit the Packers. Here's why:

Ted Thompson was looking at what I am sure is a large contract for this guy. Was he a great addition to the team? Yes. Are there better options in the FA market/draft? Yes. The Packer's tend to keep personnel internal and rarely enter the free agent market. When we have, it has worked (Guion, Peppers and Woodson). With B.J. Raji coming off of a biceps tear and a few quiet seasons, I think it is safe to say that he will not be a Packer next year, or he takes a huge pay cut opening almost 3-4 million to go after a strong veteran, run stuffing nose tackle like Terrance Knighton from Denver or Damon Harrison from Jets. But remember, we have Mike Daniel's, who is young and has played some solid football the past 3 years. This is also a great year for the defensive line in this draft.

So let's assume we will play it conservative and not make any big signings in the FA. I have two words for Green Bay Packers fans: Danny Shelton. This kid could be exactly what we need at the position. Maybe a trade is in order or we luck out and the quarterback kick comes early or no one else needs a NT. Regardless, this is the guy we want. Malcom Brown a close second.

Unfortunately for us there are no real solid inside linebackers in FA. So taking Denzel Perryman in the 1st-2nd round would compliment our defensive scheme as well.

So, this leaves us plenty of room to resign the guys we need (Cobb, Bryan Bulgara, Tramon Williams and/or Davon House, Kuhn and Jarrett Bush), with some room in the budget to make 1-2 big signings. Imagine Jason Pierre Paul in green and yellow? Would cutting Tramon Williams to get a guy like Brandon Flowers or Darell Revis be a bad thing? Maybe we want to fully stock our offense and put Julius Thomas on the line? Losing Guion really may have opened up some great opportunities.

Thompson will not go out and sign any of the big name free agents you mentioned and I´m totally fine with that. It´s possible he´ll look to pick up some second- or third-tier guys to fill some glaring needs (ILB and NT) but I expect him to mostly use the draft to address those positions.

Members online

Latest posts