Letroy Guion expected to sign 1 yr deal with Pack

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have an offer on the table for Raji as well. If Raji is signed, Pennel takes a step forward, Guion is on ice for four weeks or so, and then they add another youngster through the draft....I'll be happy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

They have an offer on the table for Raji as well. If Raji is signed, Pennel takes a step forward, Guion is on ice for four weeks or so, and then they add another youngster through the draft....I'll be happy.

It would take a motivated Raji for the entire 2015 season for the moves to make me happy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

According to a league source Guion's deal is worth $2.75 million, a figure that probably includes some incentives.

H

HardRightEdge

No, they don´t. But I worked it out just for you. ;)

PFF ranked Guion 15th out of 19 NT playing at least 25% of the team´s snaps at the position in a 3-4 defense in 2014.
It seems to me Guion was pretty bad the first 3 games or so, and then had a couple of up and down game. I'd be curious to see pre- vs. post-bye rankings if you can rustle them up.

Since he's not a 2-gap NT and Raji is penciled in for that job, I'd expect to see him get snaps at base DE once he's back from the presumptive suspension.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guion did have a rough start, but he had no training camp either. Those first few weeks were just getting into playing shape for him. I'd be curious to see the rankings too. He played much better after they bye.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me Guion was pretty bad the first 3 games or so, and then had a couple of up and down game. I'd be curious to see pre- vs. post-bye rankings if you can rustle them up.

Since he's not a 2-gap NT and Raji is penciled in for that job, I'd expect to see him get snaps at base DE once he's back from the presumptive suspension.

Here are his pre- vs. post-bye rankings. Not what you would expect.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As you can see he graded pretty good from week 5 to week 7, and pretty bad versus Atlanta and in the play-offs.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also interesting is this PFF career comparison of Raji and Guion. I recalculated all grades to 1000 snaps for comparison reasons. Both generally scored ok versus the pass, but not so good versus the run (Raji still has a positive career pass rush grade). These career grades would have ranked close to the 75% mark among defensive tackles this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts