Let’s all take a minute or two....

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or just jump on the Dallas Cowboys bandwagon lol. Just brought that up because they do seem to usually be the style points team that never gets it done in the big games.

I think that's my main problem is when these so called fans find these pretender teams and try to project greatness on them based on nothing. But hey, at the end of the day almost all of those teams are out and the Packers are still in. Gotta be a good team to get to the NFCCG and that's what the Packers are.

I’ve only been following the Packers for a few years now (sorry :(), but I’ve really enjoyed the season. The games haven’t always been great but we’ve managed to grind out a result when we needed it (isn’t that the sign of a good team) ;). MLF great first season and there are plenty of seedlings planted for the future.

Favourite game this season was definitely against the cowboys. It was one of those games where we just never looked like getting beat, despite conceding a few points. Worst game was the Chargers. It was almost like the players never left the locker room. Most frustrating, the Eagles. How we never managed to convert some of them 1st and goals, I’ll never know.

Hoping for 2 more highs. 1st a NFC Championship then a SB win :cool:.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thankful that I am able to follow the packers win lose or draw.

It brings back memories of my father and I in the garage tuning up the sleds for the winter. Everytime I watch I think of my father who has passed on. I feel like him and I are watching together.

So bring on the next game. Pops always said " lets tee the ball up and see what happens"

Here's to a great game by the pack, here's to win where I can point to heaven and say" this ones for you pop,, just one more to go!"

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thankful that I am able to follow the packers win lose or draw.

It brings back memories of my father and I in the garage tuning up the sleds for the winter. Everytime I watch I think of my father who has passed on. I feel like him and I are watching together.

So bring on the next game. Pops always said " lets tee the ball up and see what happens"

Here's to a great game by the pack, here's to win where I can point to heaven and say" this ones for you pop,, just one more to go!"

Nice sentiments. I’m sure your Pops and others that have passed over, will be looking down from the Lambeu in the sky rooting us on.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what happens on Sunday our young GM has shown he will do all he can to improve this roster so this offseason Gute will address a couple of issues on the offense along with the defense and we might not be the underdog in 2020.
If he has this team going to the NFC title game almost as perennially as the Patriots who can complain?

D

Deleted member 6794

If he has this team going to the NFC title game almost as perennially as the Patriots who can complain?

Before this season the Patriots had made it to the AFCCG eight times in a row. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect Gutekunst to have the same kind of success.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before this season the Patriots had made it to the AFCCG eight times in a row. I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect Gutekunst to have the same kind of success.
Very unrealistic....But we can dream.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I doubt we'll ever see another team have the success NE has enjoyed in our lifetime but it is pretty remarkable how Gute assembled a roster going to the NFCC game this quickly. :D

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want the team to play for 60 minutes, not give up an easy ****** touchdown and give it their best. Leave it on the field. I'm already proud of their accomplishments. I just want to see what they can do against the cream of the NFC with good sound football - not a mistake laden repeat of their first matchup.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike the “newer Packer fans”, I would just like to take a moment to thank Murphy, Gute, and MLF for making this season special and watching football fun again! Its been really fun to watch this team grow and improve from week 1 and making it all the way to the NFC Championship game. Win or lose this week I’m great full to have the opportunity to watch meaningful Packer football this late in the season! What a ride!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great point. While I love winning it all, I love great seasons just as much. There are 28 fan bases that wish their team was still playing this weekend. In the future we may look back and lament a bad last game, but that shouldn't cloud a great season. The 2011, 1995, 1994, 1989, and many other seasons were a load of fun to watch despite losing at some point in the playoffs!

The management structure that Murphy put in place appears to be working.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike the “newer Packer fans”, I would just like to take a moment to thank Murphy, Gute, and MLF for making this season special and watching football fun again! Its been really fun to watch this team grow and improve from week 1 and making it all the way to the NFC Championship game. Win or lose this week I’m great full to have the opportunity to watch meaningful Packer football this late in the season! What a ride!
if this season has taught me anything, it's that there are more than a handful of people that really seem to hate winning LOL

The teams has grown and improved and overcome a lot. Many times they've had to overcome themselves in fact. Frustrating, but still satisfying to watch them come together and get it done.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's save this till after the game on Sunday. For all we know, the ride's not over just yet! And if I'm right, we won't be finished.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Too early for one imo. Our ride isn't over just yet. And honestly I don't think it will end come Sunday.
I didn't create either one.

FYI I predicted a SB loss as the tiebreaker in the contest mentioned in my signature. I hope to have underestimated the results.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't create either one.

FYI I predicted a SB loss as the tiebreaker in the contest mentioned in my signature. I hope to have underestimated the results.
Where is that prediction thread now? Think I predicted a championship game loss. Pray I’m wrong!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we'll ever see another team have the success NE has enjoyed in our lifetime but it is pretty remarkable how Gute assembled a roster going to the NFCC game this quickly. :D

You could already be seeing it with Kansas City. 2 in 2 years.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Where is that prediction thread now? Think I predicted a championship game loss. Pray I’m wrong!
Seems quite a few posters would still be in the running for a hypothetical contest on when the Packers season would end.
Tie Breaker 1: When will the Packers be eliminated from competition (examples - miss playoffs, wild card round, divisional round, NFC Championship game, Super Bowl, Super Bowl champions)
C-Lee - 11-5 TB1: Super Bowl champions
Do7 - 11-5 TB1: Super Bowl Champions
G0P4ckG0 - 12-4 TB1: Super Bowl champions
Joe C. - 11-5 TB1: Super Bowl champions
Mondio - 16-0 TB1: Super Bowl Champions
mongoosev - 15-1 TB1: Super Bowl champions
PackAttack12 - 11-5 TB1: Super Bowl champions
PackerfaninCarolina - 10-6 TB1: Super Bowl champions
Poppa San - 13-3 TB1: Super Bowl loss
TEXPAC - 11-5 TB1: Super Bowl champions
tynimiller - 12-4 TB1: NFC championship
Pkrjones - 12-4 TB1: NFC championship
OldSchool101 - 11-5 TB1: NFC championship

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think this relates the reasoning/feeling of at least a portion of us Negative Nancies. While I don't agree that the whole list applies to all of 'us', the concept is certainly valid. My point is that the operative word, to me, is You ARE Here. I didn't expect to be, but now that I am, I will be disappointed if the ride doesn't continue. There are folks who have expressed being happy with good/great seasons, I just not one of those. 2011 and 2014 were two of those, and even in Super Bowl terms, I am more disheartened by the one loss (and how it affects the Pack's overall standing in SB history). The addition I'd plug in is, of course "Can't win the Super Bowl, so even if they win tomorrow (about which I'd be happy even with an ugly win, because they're not supposed to win, as opposed to the ugly win over Seattle), the You ARE Here moves down one notch. Obviously, how one looks at a game or a season is a purely personal thing, and I have no problem with folks who are fine with reaching goals set before the regular season - just asking that those of us who adjust our expectations be allowed to do so.

Latest posts