Let’s all take a minute or two....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
and seriously think about and appreciate what this team has accomplished, even before we take on the 49ers next week.

2017, we start hot, but ultimately find our demise with the loss of Rodgers for basically the season.

2018, extremely tough season all around. A myriad of factors led to a 6-9-1 record.

Many surmised that our outlook moving forward was bleak at best.

But...

We have a second year GM, a first year head coach, an almost completely different coaching staff, new offensive system, etc.

To be in this position that we are in is quite remarkable. We are going to compete in the NFC Championship game against a team that yes, took it to us the first time around. But we know we can play better. We have useful tape to lean on, which will be highly beneficial.

Being one win away from a super bowl is something that every single one of us can be proud of for this season, given the circumstances.

Do we want more? Of course we do. But no matter what, I am so proud of this football team and what they have accomplished this year.

Here’s to letting the 49ers know that we ain’t done yet.

GPG.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win lose or draw, Packers for life, till the day I die!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and seriously think about and appreciate what this team has accomplished, even before we take on the 49ers next week.

2017, we start hot, but ultimately find our demise with the loss of Rodgers for basically the season.

2018, extremely tough season all around. A myriad of factors led to a 6-9-1 record.

Many surmised that our outlook moving forward was bleak at best.

But...

We have a second year GM, a first year head coach, an almost completely different coaching staff, new offensive system, etc.

To be in this position that we are in is quite remarkable. We are going to compete in the NFC Championship game against a team that yes, took it to us the first time around. But we know we can play better. We have useful tape to lean on, which will be highly beneficial.

Being one win away from a super bowl is something that every single one of us can be proud of for this season, given the circumstances.

Do we want more? Of course we do. But no matter what, I am so proud of this football team and what they have accomplished this year.

Here’s to letting the 49ers know that we ain’t done yet.

GPG.
Simply said......Stuff happens

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope....you're clearing missing all the bad things....idiots post it all the time here. You're optimism in a team no one expected to be this good with a novice head coach is extremely misguided. We're pretty much a 3-13 team that got lucky...have a QB that David Carr is better than and an ILB that is worse than my aunt Sally at card games....

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s amazing given the huge void of draft talent from Ted Thompson’s last few years. Just like 2010/11 we have to get hot at the right time. It’ll have to be for 4 quarters next week.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are 2 games away from winning a championship. Can't imagine being a fan that has entered each week with the polluted mindset of 'worst team ever' or 'what does it matter, we are going to lose' then look back on a season and realize you didn't enjoy any bit of it because you were too busy ranting and raving every week. Oh well, sucks to be you. What's weird this season for me is I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl not to puff out my chest to other teams, but to puff it out over many of these 'fans'.

You want style points, go watch figure skating.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The packers are one win away from the Super Bowl. If you uttered those words to me in August I would have told you to stop trolling me. BG and MLF deserves some serious credit here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are 2 games away from winning a championship. Can't imagine being a fan that has entered each week with the polluted mindset of 'worst team ever' or 'what does it matter, we are going to lose' then look back on a season and realize you didn't enjoy any bit of it because you were too busy ranting and raving every week. Oh well, sucks to be you. What's weird this season for me is I want the Packers to win the Super Bowl not to puff out my chest to other teams, but to puff it out over many of these 'fans'.

This could be repeated a few thousand times for a couple people around here.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's unbelievable. gute has to be thrilled. heck...murphy has to be thrilled. murph's always been a business genius but everything he's touched football wise since the thompson ouster has been gold. the gute hire is the biggest thing. he's done a great job.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love where they are, never would have expected it, sure. However, is it really too much to ask for a team that's coming off a bye, obviously not rusty because of it, at home against a team playing a retiree, and up by 21-3 to not let it come down to a 'whew' first down?

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love where they are, never would have expected it, sure. However, is it really too much to ask for a team that's coming off a bye, obviously not rusty because of it, at home against a team playing a retiree, and up by 21-3 to not let it come down to a 'whew' first down?
Dont forget we had a retiree playing for us too...and i love Gute for picking him up. you never can have to many big guys... store them on the shelf youll need them...and draft the big guys early.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We won a playoff game. Made the critical plays down the stretch to make it happen. I'm not going to worry myself with how they were actually able to win it.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If winning is the only criteria, then yeah. To repeat the most used term of this season, it is never enjoyable to watch your team "bend not break". I'll admit that for me, the happy feeling of a win was always tempered with anxiety over next game. Very few games, I actually enjoyed this season...Cowboys, Raiders, Giants.

Irrespective of what happens next week, the team has exceeded all expectation and I'm actually happy with the core players we have, MLF's coaching and excited for next season.

I'll take it however, but don't expect me to be happy with underdog victories. No fan should be "happy" for their team to be a underdog on consistent basis.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed all except chargers and 9ers. They keep the heart pumping for sure, but I like to see them overcome. Even if it was an obstacle of their own doing.

I stopped listening to all the analysis, it just detracts from the game anymore and I’ve found it much more enjoyable to just watch football.

but how they rank or how people view them is how they view them. I don’t care anymore if people think we’re the worst team to make the playoffs. I get to watch them at least one more week, I’ll find a way to enjoy that too.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or just jump on the Dallas Cowboys bandwagon lol. Just brought that up because they do seem to usually be the style points team that never gets it done in the big games.

I think that's my main problem is when these so called fans find these pretender teams and try to project greatness on them based on nothing. But hey, at the end of the day almost all of those teams are out and the Packers are still in. Gotta be a good team to get to the NFCCG and that's what the Packers are.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If winning is the only criteria, then yeah. To repeat the most used term of this season, it is never enjoyable to watch your team "bend not break". I'll admit that for me, the happy feeling of a win was always tempered with anxiety over next game. Very few games, I actually enjoyed this season...Cowboys, Raiders, Giants.

Irrespective of what happens next week, the team has exceeded all expectation and I'm actually happy with the core players we have, MLF's coaching and excited for next season.

I'll take it however, but don't expect me to be happy with underdog victories. No fan should be "happy" for their team to be a underdog on consistent basis.

No matter what happens on Sunday our young GM has shown he will do all he can to improve this roster so this offseason Gute will address a couple of issues on the offense along with the defense and we might not be the underdog in 2020.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear we could be 18-0 right now...and we would still have some of you moaning and groaning because we didn't beat teams by more than 30 and had our back up QB in by halftime...

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
r we could be 18-0 right now...and we would still have some of you moaning and groaning because we didn't beat teams by more than 30 and had our back up QB in by halftime...

If we were 18-0 right now I would probably be a little salty that we had to play on wildcard weekend with an undefeated record. :D

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were 18-0 right now I would probably be a little salty that we had to play on wildcard weekend with an undefeated record. :D
we didn't play on wildcard weekend, The Vikes and Saints did a long with Seattle/Philly on the NFC side.

Oh wait, i'm slow. I get it, I get it

Members online

Latest posts