Least Valuable Packer Player

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Who on the Packer Roster is the least valuable at their position?

Quinn Johnson gets my vote.

Never seems to really do anything and sucks on special team. I just think you could plug in any other fullback in the league and get about the same performance out of them, if not better.

If he was such a devastating lead blocker, why did they have to bring in Raji on the goal line in the Playoffs? Not to mention comes to camp overweight and out of shape. When was the last time you say him laying a LB out on his back. I have not in a long long time.

Mason Crosby could be #2, but at least he makes a FG now and again.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why make a thread trying to bring someone down? I understand and get the who is the MVP threads but why make this one? This is a certain someones way of thinking in that they think they know everything going in an NFL front office (or nfl offense) but we honestly can't judge how important someone is to a locker room or on the practice field.

My two cents

Go Pack Go

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Why make a thread trying to bring someone down?

I don't see any issues with a thread trying to evaluate which returning player might get cut in order to make room for some of the new unproven guys. Has nothing to do with "bringing someone down".

Back on topic: My vote goes for Quinn Johnson as well. I hope that we only go with one FB on the final roster. This could free up a slot for another LB (keep Zombo active and add So'oto) or keep an extra WR (Gurley or West).

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any issues with a thread trying to evaluate which returning player might get cut in order to make room for some of the new unproven guys. Has nothing to do with "bringing someone down".

Back on topic: My vote goes for Quinn Johnson as well. I hope that we only go with one FB on the final roster. This could free up a slot for another LB (keep Zombo active and add So'oto) or keep an extra WR (Gurley or West).

I agree with the second part here. Keep the Kuhnster as the only FB and open up that slot for another up and coming superstar in the making. With as little as the Packers use just one back, there is no longer a need for another fullback. In short yardage situations they can always bring in Little Fridge Raji, or slide a TE into the backfield. I just hate to see someone else get cut only to have the weed-laying Lions or Vikings scoop them up as an upgrade to their receivers or defense.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on subject, If not Johnson, then it would have to be Lang. With that much competition and Lang finally being named the starter - for a player that might not start on most NFL teams, it leads me to believe that he is the weakest link...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the premise of this thread is. "Least valuable at their position" doesn't necessarily mean a returning player so it could be a UDFA who will be among the easiest cuts. Players like Kerry Taylor, Antonio Robinson, Theo Sherman, Anthony Bratton, Elijah Joseph, and Chris Donaldson fit that bill.

Beyond that, even after the cut to 53, wouldn't a player who will likely be inactive all season long, except for injuries at his position, be less valuable than Lang who will likely start all season except for injury? Except for injury, the coaching staff is "telling" us the game-day inactives are "less valuable" than the rest of the players. That's why the only way mentioning Lang makes sense IMO is if the question were modified to include only starters. And then wouldn't that player's backup have to be considered?

Of the returning players, IMO Johnson is in danger of being waived, but Underwood and Lee are in even greater danger. The advantage Brad Jones has is Zombo's injury and whether or not the staff sees him as being able to provide an experienced backup at ILB, in addition to backing up Clay.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lee won't make the final 53 so it has to be someone else. We need to take a look at this when the roster is fixed at 53.

Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in everyone.. Really? Quinn Johnson? He's an excellent blocker. Pat Lee? He isn't even the worst DB on the roster. How is Lang the worst too? Is everyone seriously forgetting the trouble prone, horrible, Brandon Underwood? Sure, I wouldn't mind at all if Johnson was cut, but Underwood isn't even on the second team defense.

Members online

Latest posts